Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidr
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by EvilJohn
    Looks pretty damn good. I'd prob lessen the angle where the plunger u made goes into the master. Other then that it looks terrific.

John
    As he pushed the pedal it will straighten out, if he lessens it there, it would bind,

Comment

• EvilJohn
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by spidr
      As he pushed the pedal it will straighten out, if he lessens it there, it would bind,
      I understand that but it kinda looks like it's to far over to one side even in the start of the stroke. But maybe it's the angle of the photo.

Comment

• Beaner242
        • Aug 2013

Yes the angle was to much in that pic. I straightened it out more after the pic. Brake lines should be here tomorrow so we will see if it works

1982 KZ1000 chopper project

Comment

• Beaner242
          • Aug 2013

Well yesterday I did it. Got my chain on, wheel lined up and started figuring out the wiring. after a couple hrs I couldnt take it anymore. I hooked up the battery, set it on the frame and used tape to hold it behind my seat. Hooked up the electrics, start button and off switch. bundled and tapes all the wires next to motor. Installed my exhaust and fired it up. Well thats not good enough on a running bike, right? So I unloaded it off the work table, welded on the kick stand and set there contemplating my safety, LOL. OK, front brake, eh no need. Back brake, check. Shifter, check. Clutch, check. Off switch, check. OK fired that puppy up and headed around the block. What a rush, I forgot how fast this sucker was. It's only been 2 months since I rode it. So I still have to get a tail light, head light, battery, rear fender, battery, and wire it. So far I'm way ahead of schedule for this "winter project". Hopefully I can keep moving forward at this pace. After I'm done I'm going to upload some detail pics of the stuff I've had to fab and such.

Comment

• 904Punk
            • Jun 2012

Hell yeah man! This thing is moving right along! Getting me inspired to put some more work in on mine.

Comment

• truerobotech
              • Aug 2011

Subscribed, nice work going on here

Have to see where this goes, my job has half the pics blocked, so Ill look when i get home.

Like to see that brake stay, wiring harness, etc

Keep it going.

Comment

• Beaner242
                • Aug 2013

Thanks. I'll get some pics of the brake stay I mounted. The wiring harness is going to be a while more than likely. Still waiting on parts to finish it.

Comment

• Beaner242
                  • Aug 2013

82 KZ1000 Chopper

Time for a new update. This project went a lot faster than I anticipated. Thanks to everyone here for the help with my questions. I can't believe its the beginning of Nov and I'm finishing with my "winter project". The bike is complete except for hooking up the blinkers. I'm just waiting on a controller to do that with, also have some wires to hide. Like I said this is just an update as I am waiting until it's complete and I can grab some pics before I finish up my thread. Should be shortly so be patient. Here is a teaser to the finished bike. Ask away with any questions and feel free to compliment or criticize my thread thus far. Will check back in soon. Ta Ta. Oh I almost forgot, the 2 ports on top of my valve covers for the pollution crap can just be blocked off correct? It just had a hose with a t in it routed to the back of the motor when I got it. I was going to find some caps to block it off? As you can see in the picture I have them taped off for the time being.

Last edited by Beaner242; 11-04-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• 904Punk
                    • Jun 2012

Yeah, you can just block them off, APE sells some covers for like $50 that bolt right on. Just emissions bullshit.

Comment

• Beaner242
                      • Aug 2013

Cool. we actually have factory here in town that makes vynal vacum caps. Back in my hot rod days I would dumpster dive to get what I needed. Just tried the other day and only found trash. LOL I guess they re cycle now. Ill check autozone or Oreilys and see what they have.

Comment

• liquidlife1991
                        • Oct 2013

I have a kz750 twin. it has the same ports on the valve cover. I used rubber stops with some hose clamps to block it off. just wanted to know if I need to change these to some metal bolts like you were talking about doing for performance issues or if I can keep my setup?

Comment

• Beaner242
                          • Aug 2013

You are fine with what you have. I ended up finding a pack of vacumecaps at Autozone for a couple bucks. If you want to clean up the hose clamp look, any rubber cap that is 1/2" will work. Anymore questions just let me know. Was thinking sometime down the road of just making whole new block off plates.
                          Last edited by Beaner242; 11-07-2013, 2:23 PM.

Comment

• Beaner242
                            • Aug 2013

another update

Heres and update for you all. still not 100% but close enough, need blinkers hooked up and some wires hid.

Comment

• Dig
                              • Oct 2011

I bet this thing flies like a basterd.

Comment

• Beaner242
                                • Aug 2013

It will staighten your arms out. Lol

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse