Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guano
    • May 2013

Transmission shift arm?

Hey all. If there's a thread on "where can you find this part", then my bad...

I've got a 2006 sporty which I'm repairing since I got hit a couple weeks ago. I've been able to find every part needed to make the repair, but not the shift arm/transmission shift shaft/shifter shaft/I've seen it called a million things. I've only found one website that sells em, but they've been out of stock for what looks like two years. Anybody know where I can grab one? let's see if I can load a pic...

thanks for any info guys. I'm trying to get ahold of the local H-D dealer as this goes on, they may be my only hope. either they got it or it's gonna be "Have you seen the new 2014 's?"
    Attached Files
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Here's a link to a parts book .pdf if you don't have one. Get a copy of factory parts books for every Harley you work on, they show assemblies better than the service manuals and of course you need parts data for web searches.

You can also email individual scanned or .pdf pages to others to show what you want. If you print the individual page to .pdf (Firefox extension works well) then import the .pdf page into GIMP ( http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/ ) you can crop then export as a .jpg suitable for posting. It's worth learning how to do this, and it's easy.
    Hunt later parts books for reference too. Eventually your search-fu will get pretty good when hunting parts for anything.

I just downloaded this parts book so I know the link is live:

ALWAYS POST PART NUMBERS FOR ANYTHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

Then start Googling part numbers or telephoning dealers and salvagers.

It looks like an alpha suffix was added to that part.

34014-06A yields more hits. Happy hunting and let us know what you find out.

Supposedly ships next business day. I've never bought anything from Latus, they just turned up while searching.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by farmall; 09-13-2013, 4:21 AM.

Comment

• Guano
      • May 2013

Damn, thanks so much! the pdf is unbelievably helpful. man, I owe you a beer!

Gonna try to order the part tonight (yea, It's 2:30 am, but... the internet never sleeps).

I'm unbelievably anxious to ride again. it's making me sick.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;