Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killtheking
    • Mar 2010

here we go

so here is what im workin with now. started tear down last night. had company so didnt get much done.
    Attached Files
  • slimvulcanrider
    • Mar 2010

this is going to be fun... subscribed

Comment

• killtheking
      • Mar 2010

for those that dont know, i decided to bag my bike. i love hardtails and brats and just about everything in between, but when a friend gave me this bike i thought lets go crazy. i have had this bike for 2years and have had many different treatments in mind. we all know how that is. one week it was gonna be a drag bike, next week a hard tail, it eventually became an unfinished brat. the fact that it has a shaftdrive greatly limits the end resolt. i have seen pix of gs850's with hardtails and the look pretty good, but its still wierd cause of the shaft. so i think this i gonna have a cool look.
      lets hope so anyway!!

this is what it looks like after i cut out all the brakets and what-not to see how low it would go stock. it bearly touches the bottom of the pipes and the tire is right up up ass. soooo, im gonna have to extend it a good 6 to start. the 2 2x4's give it 3". and at about 1" lower the shaft binds up and the wheel locks up.
      i def have my work cut out for me.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by killtheking; 03-20-2010, 7:16 AM.

Comment

• killtheking
        • Mar 2010

motor and wheels comin off today!!

Comment

• killtheking
          • Mar 2010

WHY DIDN'T YALL TELL ME THE MOTOR IS SO FUCKING HEAVY!!! HOLY SWEET JESUS!!!......but i digress. got it all blown appart. started cuttin and grindin all the extra tabs and useless shit.

Comment

• VJ
            • Mar 2010

Yep that motor is a healthy chunk. Easiest way to remove or install is to loosen the bolts and lay the bike right side down on a tire. Finish disconnecting the motor and lift the frame off. It nearly killed me getting a KZ650 motor out of the trunk of my car.

Comment

• killtheking
              • Mar 2010

luckily a friend came over, but i assume you can do it the same way to put t back in?
              will post more pics tonite. smothing the frame today.

Comment

• PickupMan92
                • Mar 2010

Yeah, a hefty friend (like myself) to help you move that big ass rock of a motor. I was wondering where all the pics I took were. It's 10:05pm.... post em up!

Comment

• Brandon
                  • Aug 2009

Just a inspiration picture for you....Rigid shafty
                  Attached Files

Comment

• killtheking
                    • Mar 2010

damit brandon!!! that does look awsome..... at this point im gonna hardtail it some i can ride it again. i have all the numbers and geometry and parts worked out, it's just the time and money. and as we all know right now, a penny saved is a penny earned.
                    so, im gonna backshelf the bag idea for a while. ill keep my eyes open and keep gatherin parts. this one mod will end up costing more than the bikes worth. but once i have all the nessicary parts i will do it. it might take a few years, but it will happen.
                    with that being said.......stay tuned for the rigid shafty!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;