Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2010

Havent heard anything about the BMR but as long as it does not interfere with ICFF I am there. What are the dates?

Comment

• Punkskalar
      • Jan 2010

May 18-23rd. Meeting in Taylorsville on the 17th for the PreParty are Wicked Willies Choppers

Comment

• oneeyedlogger
        • Mar 2011

I like what you did! I need to get off my ass and get chopping on mine.

Comment

• Vinny
          • Mar 2010

Hugh I will be there. Just need to fix a few parts most of which are fixed and I will be ready.

I got back from the revenge run with a broken sissy bar, headlight bracket, and a totally sore ass from my seat and the fact that my bars dont allow me to change position easily. I got to work fixing the problems. The sissy bar was no problem because I already had one that I built last year I just built a different one so that I woul dhave more room but the headlight took some doing.

The threads that I had tapped to go up through the headlight had broken and ofcourse they did they were 1/4-20 threads in mild steel that shit wont hold anything. I tapped the 3/8 rod to accept a 10mm thread

I tapped the other side and cut them both to the same height to try to maintain the original headlight placement.

I bought a few of these the problem was that they were threaded for a 3/8 thread and I dont own any standard taps so I gobbed the thread up with a 10mm tap so that it would thread onto my rod

My dog enjoying the last of my warm beer

I bought some stainless bolts to thread into the hex nuts that I put on and everything seemed to be working. I plan on welding those hex nuts on but for now I wanted to make sure that nothing was too screwed up.

I have a headlight again

I also mocked up some new handlebars. I did some sketching and came up with something like this. I dont know how I feel about them. I need to get my hands up higher but they look so out of place on such a short bike. I know that I would have to raise the headlight up but I dont know if the bike will look right.

What do yall think?

Comment

• 7dirty3
            • Aug 2009

To hell with how it looks, How comfortable is the new set up? On a longer run like the RR, that's what really matters.

Comment

• speedandnoise
              • Jun 2010

I love this bike , and riding next to it on the RR! I wish I had taken some pix of it but there's a few good ones on here.

As far as the bars go, I really like the ones you have on there but I was wondering about how comfortable they would be. They look like you would be hanging on just to not slip off. The T bars are bad ass but not on this bike. What about some standard clip-on's? They would keep the racy feel but would be a little higher and closer to horizontal, although a little less board-tracky which is one thing I really like about the current ones. Or what about flipped superbike bars? I'm usually not the biggest fan of flipped bars but they have that style.

And if the headlight isn't working for you I have a few Aris style rectangular headlights that I think would look great on your bike. They are smaller and have a little visor on the top. I think I have a side mount and some rusty bottom mount ones. I'll send you one if you want, it's the least I could do to thank you for running around trying to find me a master link to get me back on the road.

Comment

• lobstermobster
                • Aug 2009

Im diggin the dual handle bar look. you never see that. turned down cafe style bars for around town and tight maneuvering, and raised bars for the long haul. you are an inovator. good job vinny

Comment

• Vinny
                  • Mar 2010

Haha. Thanks for the responses. I decided to quit being a pussy and just ride it how it is. I like the look and the ride is not terrible.

I did have to make a new breather for it because the stock one that I had modified was leaking pretty bad. I just milled/angle grinded a piece of 3/8 aluminum to the rough shape and drilled a hole. Looks pretty cool def not stock.

Also I took these a long time ago and never posted them. I think they turned out decent so I thought I would share.

Comment

• doom
                    • Dec 2010

fuck yea sick dood

Comment

• McGreggerson
                      • Apr 2011

i've run bars like that, kills you eventually on a long ride. could always flip them over and run them with the pull-back and low rise?

Comment

• Ivannatinkle
                        • Feb 2011

kawasaki

I followed this build over on a kawasaki kz forum Very nice

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;