Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2010

Ok sorry I have been out of touch for so long. I have been super busy. I graduated from college. moved, found a job, moved again blew up my motor, rebuilt my motor... anyway. I finally got it running again and changed somethings.

I took some pictures of the bike as it sits now. Got it running today. I love this bike. I only ran it around the block but it was so much fun. I have all weekend to ride maybe I will take some video if I can.

EYE CANDY

No close ups. She needs a bath. Im gonna wrap the pipes and I am planning a 2-1 silencer but dont wanna work on it until its too cold to ride.

Comment

• Punkskalar
      • Jan 2010

Glad to see you got her running again, I just hate to see the pretzel pipes are gone Those were bad ass!

Comment

• greenlight23
        • Jan 2010

Cool bike.Really digging the tank.

Comment

• NHMike
          • Apr 2024

Looks awesome man!! Diggin the wood on the tank, nice touch.

Comment

• TheMainMuel
            • Oct 2010

Nice work bro. She looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

• SilverBurr
              • Jul 2010

Outstanding, one off orginal. I need the 411 on the single carb conversion, needles, carb stats. PLEASE!!!

Comment

• Vinny
                • Mar 2010

I am trying to work that out myself actually. I have it set up with just about the standard 34mm mikuni carb. played with jets a bit but I cant seem to get it to run perfect.

dies at idle after riding for a bit. top end is sluggish. Up until about 1/2 turn I can crack it and it acts like it wants to buck me off the back but after that it wants to die. been trying to read the plugs and just experement but havent had too much time to play with it. Any Advise would be greatly appreciated and when I figure it out I will certainly put the stats up here.

Comment

• RevCain
                  • Mar 2010

looking good, if those side covers come off this winter for any reason.......... just saying

Comment

• Vinny
                    • Mar 2010

Cain I dont know what you mean?

Comment

• Bobbervirago
                      • Oct 2010

your bike is amazing!

Comment

• Punkskalar
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Vinny
                        Cain I dont know what you mean?
                        I think he's looking for stuff to engrave

Comment

• Vinny
                          • Mar 2010

I have not been keeping up with this thread as I should be. I have new exhaust and have been slowly working to fix some of the issues with running.

For some time though I like so many others who love these bikes have been struggling with the issue of being able to find a good head gasket. I have bought two new old stock gaskets both exhibited the same problems as the less than nice gasket that I bought from parts n more.

Finally I decided to just make my own. It might not work but I have a feeling that it will work better if not much better than the gaskets I have bought. I cut it out of 1/8th inch flat copper- a little thick but should have plenty of squish. Here are a few photos to prove that i did it.

The outside shape is a bit wonky in places but considering i cut it all by hand I am pretty happy with it. You may also notice that I am missing the little oval holes that are set up for oiling ports. This is because I have run external oil lines similar to what kawasaki did on later models.

If I ever have to do this again I am going to take the time to draw the gasket really well in CAD and then have one laser cut. the price should still be well below what you will pay on ebay for a NOS gasket.

I should be able to install and have back together before the weekend when we are suppposed to have some warm weather.
                          My only real question is whether or not I should anneal the gasket. The copper seems pretty soft but I do not know too much about copper. Any thoughts.

Comment

• SLICKstripes
                            • Nov 2010

^^^ Your gaskets are smiling at me! I want to see this thing back together... I likey!

Comment

• frogwrench
                              • Dec 2010

nice looking carb mani! someday i'll do something like that. also the first exhaust system was pretty trick, why'd you ditch it?

Comment

• Vinny
                                • Mar 2010

Thanks Yall

I will make one of the Carb Manifolds for you if you want?

Exhaust was too much of a pain. It was in the way and kept burning my leg. If I put forward controls or even kept the stock controls I probably could have left the exhaust but with my seating position it just was not cool.

I talked to a buddy who knows copper better than I do. He said I def. need to anneal it. I will look into it and let everyone know how I do it. For now I got the gasket to its final size. I had to clean up a couple holes that were not aligned perfectly but it fits now.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;