CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Suzuki GS500 -78 build

Been a while since Ive been active here but today I traded my old Volvo for a Suzuki GS500 1978. The bike is a runner but one of the carbs flooded. Its stock except for the disgusting colour and its MOT´d and in traffic but needs to MOT´d at the end of this month to be legal on the road for 2 more years.

Plans are to clean it from everything I dont need to have it legal and give it a caféish look somehow. Gonna use the original tank but thats about it. Got many goodies on the shelves so the only thing I know I need to buy is tyres and some neater turnsignals. We powdercoat where I work and a friend got a good blaster so that will be for free..

Here is how it looked as of tonight when I got it.

Took the carbs off and checked the float level in the third carb that was flooding, way off! Think I fixed it but the gasket broke so Im gonna have to make a new one.. What is the upper hose in top of the pic? Wasnt connected anywhere..

Some stuff for the bike

And the old Volvo..

Get Adobe Flash player

That volvo is friggen rad!.....what year is it?.....sorry to go off topic

Jetblack

Hoses

Get Adobe Flash player

The Volvo is a -68, I didnt build it.. I built one a while ago, stretched the rearquarters, chopped roof, customized the front and stuffed down a newer engine with auto trans and overdrive

Thanks for the pic, makes it all a bit clearer!

I made a gasket and put it back together, it doesnt flood or leak anymore. Started picking it apart and found some wood and holeband, neat!

Shortened the bars and put them on and removed some unnecessary stuff. Shortened the rear a bit but I havent got the right seat here at the moment so I cant finish that. Started to make a mount to center the speedo and did some other small stuff. Now I need to get some sleep!

Get Adobe Flash player

Chopped the rear some more and decided to make my own seat and started on the seatpan

Got rid of the ugly chrome-flame-Suzuki-stickers and did some quick scallops, Kinda ugly but better than before. Also cut down the front fender.

Get Adobe Flash player

Finally got my photobucket back in order so now the pics hopefully will be showing?

Temporary welded a bracket to hold my new rearlight and licenseplate,also welded a temporary speedobracket and changed bars again made a seat.

Found an old Triumph tank in a trailer full of junk, petcock and gaslid was there and all! Thinking about cutting it up to make it fit the Suzuki

Other than that I have been busy riding the piss out of it with some friends since its almost no season left here in Sweden..

Plans was to get the frame ready this weekend, cleaning all unneccesary mounts and such but since I got 2 jobs I had to work all weekend.. Soon there will be alot more updates!

Get Adobe Flash player

Bought some neat stuff for the bike today and started messing a bit

Narrowed the bar an inch and changed throtthle, also cleaned out the electrics and started working on a simplified wiring diagram

Get Adobe Flash player

Where did you get those cool little black turn/marker lights there? How much do they run for? Those would be great for my build!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CupidsDeathDay View Post
    Where did you get those cool little black turn/marker lights there? How much do they run for? Those would be great for my build!
    A store called Biltema, I think it only exists in Europe unfortunately..

Beefier tyres on the way

Also went apeshit on it, was gonna bring all parts to my friend and blast the tomorrow after work but didnt get finished so Ill just bring my forks and shave my lowers after work..

Oh, sorry for the mess, its not my garage..

Get Adobe Flash player

Those things are cool as shit! But 299 Krone($50) a pair? And don't get me started on shipping! lol

A little expensive for such a tiny little light but they do look well made.

Thanks. BTW, build is looking good. Can't wait to see it finished up; as i myself am working on an '82 GS450 build that is coming along much slower!.... >.> But i will get there eventually.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yup, and thats kinda on the cheap side in Sweden. Bikes are ridicously expensive here!

Thanks, Im trying to get it done as soon as possible.. Started shaving the legs today and that was more timeconsuming than I thought! Maybe would go faster if I knew exactly how to handle the lathe, there are many levers and stuff.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, doesnt seem to be any interest in this bike but Ill keep updating in hope for response so I get all that juicy attention I need.

Stayed at work today and cleaned the frame from old mounts and welded the rear "loop" and fixed some small stuff

Bad thing is that it doesnt fit in my trunk anymore so I had to put it in the backseat

What do you think about my fat ride?

Get Adobe Flash player

This one is put on ice since Im trying to get the 125cc done until saturday but I started on my speedo mount and also found a rear tire for it

Get Adobe Flash player

Sick! I also have to take my frame to my shop in my cars back seat. One reason why I wish I still had a truck!

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah that sucks!

Well, the little bike is done so now I got to keep going with the GS500. Sandblasted everything exceptthe Wheels yesterday and gonna start cleaning and polishing everything else.

Also got offered to buy a bike from my pal but I think it was a bit expensive.

Get Adobe Flash player

Im stupid.. So fucking stupid! Found an old vw truck for sale or trade for motorcycle, called him and he wants to trade for the Suzuki but I forgot to mention it was all apart. Trade is happening this weekend so now I really got to get my shit (and bike) together!!

Stayed at work and made a batterytray, bracket for the rearlight and licenseplate and got the frame all done for powdercoating. Ill paint it at work tomorrow evening. Painted a bunch of other stuff in the garage and then I need to assemble it Thursday and Friday and have it riding again, allthough withouth new tyres and painted wheels..

Get Adobe Flash player

Things quickly went to shit... My workpals forgot the frame and shut the oven for the powdercoat off. Took the frame home and primered it and will paint it black tomorrow. Wont be able to start putting it together until Friday!! Shit

Get Adobe Flash player

This is how far I got tonight, all the big stuff there so Ill bleed the brakes and wire it up tomorrow. Hopefully get it done before 14.00 then Im off to a funeral to bury my classmate, he didnt even got to turn 24..

Those type of things kinda take the air out of you

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, made it in time! Not everything as I would have wanted it and not completely done but rideable and the guy who got it was gonna tear it down this winter anyways..

Went away and traded it for a neat VW pickup Im gonna use to haul bikes around.

920 km trip for this slow ass machine.. Gonna go and follow a lead tomorrow on a 80s Kawasaki dohc 4 engine and frame laying in a pile of garbage, haha you wont get rid of me yet

Share This