Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Incrediblah
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by xllance
    Dude, he didn't ask about what chaps you like best so lighten up. I have my pipes wrapped weather you think it's stupid or not ......well this site is about chopping and fabricating, not giving your opinion when it wasn't requested.
    Pretty sure he said ANY input is welcome. To be honest, I have wrapped pipes myself at one point in time. These posts are just silly. Get back to the good shit and stop worrying about if people think your wrap looks cool. If YOU like it, do it. Sheesh

Comment

• Bdehlin
      • Jul 2011

I wrap my pipes because it keeps me from literally burning through another pair of jeans, and i like the look. Who gives a shit if it's not in fashion? If i rode what was currently fashionable with my customers, I'd own a FXDXT or a FLTR.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• chupa
        • Jun 2012

it'll hide some ugliness and cut down the heat but your pipes probably won't last as long.

Also, the fashionistas will not rest until everyone rides a rigid with a sporty tank shot with flake through your gramma's favorite vintage lace doily.

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
          • Jun 2012

I wrap my pipes so that it won't be as obvious that I have short shots like everyone else with an EFI sportster...I'm totally pulling off the deception too

Comment

• hellamopeds
            • Jun 2013

Wow a lot of really shitty posts.

Pros: Hides ugly pipes, helps heat scavenging, keeps leg temps down.

Cons: Ive personally seen pipes crack from wrap (too tight?), looks shitty after a few months, will leave marks on your pipes.

If you have some bucks get them ceramic coated. That shit rocks (if done well)

Comment

• Gun
              • Sep 2010

I like em enough. They make fucking with your bike a total pain in the ass though. Once they wear for a year or so, that fiber glass just gets all kinds of shitty. I always end up covered in it. My pipes are sort of a bitch to get on and off though. Just a thought.

Comment

• wileysnkskns
                • May 2013

Wrap was invented with high performance racing in mind. If your into getting the most out of you engine; wrap is the way to go. I'm not at all concerned with looks, in it for the speed needed to always ride it like you stole it. nuf said.

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Wrap was invented with high performance racing in mind. If your into getting the most out of you engine; wrap is the way to go.
                  If it helps on motorcycles (which aren't cars and don't have their engine compartment heat issues or long convoluted exhaust systems)then science will support that contention.

Got dyno results for typical chopper engines with and without wrap and no mods between naked and wrapped status?

Got results for road race, motocross or any other serious motorcycle race engines with and without wrap?
                  Last edited by farmall; 08-13-2013, 6:39 AM.

Comment

• hillakilla
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by farmall
                    Then science will support that contention.

Got dyno results for typical chopper engines with and without wrap and no mods between naked and wrapped status?
                    science?!? don't you know speed is all in the mind?

that being said, i had my stock 2-1 from my 883r wrapped, and it cracked at the collector halfway through the summer. obviously didn't have it on long, but it seemed to hold up if you saturate it with the silicone heat spray. after just a couple weeks mine looked noticeably better than my buddy's who wrapped at the same time and didn't spray.

in an attempt to start off another battle of nothingness, the real question is: do you wrap from front to back, or back to front? i know the ladies have to pay attention to this sort of thing, but i don't even remember how i did it.

Comment

• backwithabang
                      • May 2011

I use it when the pipes look like shit, Or if Im running high pipes on say a triumph, or if you ride in shorts... I usually only use it on jap flips because craiglist noobs seem to love it. or if its a ratty old ironhead or something, I reuse old white dirty ass wrap from some pipes laying in the garage, leave a bit hanging and torn. performance wise I don't notice shit. but its nice to have when your e start heap stalls now and then and you have a button on your selenoid

Comment

• Moto4fun
                        • Jul 2012

I wrapped my headers to keep the area near my boot cooler. I got tired of melting my shoes/boots and jeans.

Pros - Less heat on me

Cons-probably ruined the nice finish of the stainless header underneath.

Comment

• disturbed1
                          • May 2013

Ever seen formula racing bikes with wrapped exhaust , wonder why not if its a performance mod

Comment

• xllance
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by disturbed1
                            Ever seen formula racing bikes with wrapped exhaust , wonder why not if its a performance mod
                            Do you have scientific evidence that you saw a formula race bike ? Do you have proof that they actually exist ?

Comment

• SamHain
                              • Apr 2024

Trapping heat inside doesn't seem good for engine performance. It does have perks for my performance and my pants performance.

Comment

• Nottso
                                • Apr 2012

Wrap can be a performance enhancer, but only for extreme horsepower and/or turbo applications. As exhaust gases cool, they slow down. You want every bit of exhaust gas velocity/scavenging you can get if you're trying to squeeze every last horsepower out of something that's big horsepower to begin with, and again, especially with a big horsepower turbo application.

Realistically, it won't make a bit of measurable difference on 99.999% of vehicles on the planet. But it is kinda nice to not cook a foot or a leg... although I still hate the look of it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;