Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoryAlexander
    • Jul 2013

Can I put a 21" Wheel on my Sporty48?

So I got a 21" front wheel and tire for my 2012 48 from a 2008 sporty XL. I know I dont have to remove the spacer braket or tree on the forks. I wanted to see if anyone has done this before with no fab work to fit the wheel? Im thinking its possible I may need new axels? Or that the disk break will be to high for the actual break? Any feed back or info on this would help. Thanks ya'll
    Last edited by CoryAlexander; 08-07-2013, 1:14 PM.
  • sorethumb
    • Jan 2012

No, it will completely fuck up the space-time continuum, dogs and cats living together, you know, mass hysteria.

But if you insist on fucking up the known universe, yes it can be done, and indeed has been done. You haven't looked hard enough...http://www.custommotorcyclepartsblog.../sportster_48/

Comment

• kombi66
      • Sep 2010

only if its factory authorized and 10 members of your local HOG chapter do a circle jerk blessing while its put on

Comment

• CoryAlexander
        • Jul 2013

I think thats the only way ill do it then. Thanks haha

Comment

• CoryAlexander
          • Jul 2013

LMAO. Fuckin great! I saw that bike already its fucking rad but I just want to be able to buy a wheel and thats it. I can use my disk break and all that shit but I think that guy had to do a little more no?

Comment

• kombi66
            • Sep 2010

in my experiences in life NOTHING is a simple bolt on...but then maybe its cause im 51.3 percent retarded...the new sporty 72 model comes with a 21 from the moco so it should be pretty simple
            Last edited by kombi66; 08-07-2013, 3:50 PM.

Comment

• CoryAlexander
              • Jul 2013

Nah I agree completly man. Im fucking retarded to when it comes to that shit always drilling extra holes wehre they dont gotta be were only human though so fuck it. I was thinking I could just switch out with a stock XL front end they come with a 21" and the forks are longer I believe. Any or more advice you have would be great though im easy going so be as blunt as you want if I sound like an idiot haha

Comment

• sorethumb
                • Jan 2012

Is your main concern lining up the disc brake? If so, that shouldn't be a concern. Remember, the rotor bolts to the hub, which is in a near constant relationship with the axle, and both are in near constant relationship with the caliper bracket. See what I'm getting at?

While the distance from the hub to the rim may change across a 16", 18" or 21" wheel, there should be little to no distance change across the rotor to hub to caliper bracket across these wheel sizes.

If the hub width of the old wheel and the new 21" wheel are the same you should be disco to bolt up and go. If the hub width is different, then you gotta center the wheel and cut new spacers.

Disclaimer: I am drinking beer while visualizing this, so I may not make any sense.

Comment

• BigRod13
                  • Jul 2013

Just to clarify... you are asking for permission, right?

Comment

• CoryAlexander
                    • Jul 2013

Your the fucking man. Now to hear what you have to say about getting some longer forks :0

Comment

• CoryAlexander
                      • Jul 2013

Im gunna do regardless but a little knowledge before the process is greatly appreciated. Like I said Im a little retarded

Comment

• sorethumb
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by CoryAlexander
                        Now to hear what you have to say about getting some longer forks
                        Go see Sugar Bear. He'll set you up.

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

only if its factory authorized and 10 members of your local HOG chapter do a circle jerk blessing while its put on
                          Don't forget to mention the bikes owner must be pivot man, then get spitroasted facing the four directions of the compass while bound with Genuine SOA ® doo-rags.

I think I'll just run a 19...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• BigRod13
                            • Jul 2013

I was just busting your balls. If the wheel hub is the same, it stands to reason that it'll fit right in. When you get done, post some pictures in the sporty picture thread

Comment

• MadDog
                              • Nov 2009

If the hub is the same, it should be a quick and easy swap. Sorethumb is right on both counts. All that shit about the rotor to hub to caliper blah blah... and Sugar Bear makes the best front ends in the world, hands down.

As far as longer forks, bear in mind that your 21 will bring your front up. If you are switching from a 19, it will bring it up an inch. If what you want is longer forks than do it but, remember everything you do to change the stance of your bike will change the handling of your bike.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;