CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

No need to look for a wheel. I've got one at the shop. PM me if interested.

Get Adobe Flash player

have somebody from the service department check the part numbers on your hub and the hub on the wheel you plan to buy. if they're the same, you're good. i did the same thing on my rear wheel swap. put an 03 roadking wheel on my 05 sporty. two or three dealerships told me it was impossible, and they offered to sell me a new wheel for way too much money. i had a guy check the numbers with the hub on a roadking and hub on the sporty wheel they were trying to sell me. same number. easy swap. just had to turn the tire around since the roadking is a left side drive.

Now I'm no expert on 48's or new bikes in general, but I do have a small amount of knowledge on the subject of wheel/rim building & swaps. There is something else to take into consideration here... When you change from a small to a large diameter wheel ie; 16" to a 21" the spoke angles change. The spokes WILL BE FARTHER OUT on the larger diameter wheel, possibly creating a clearance issue with the brake caliper. This can sometimes be a problem on Narrow Glides when it is desired to keep the front brake intact... Now will this be the case in your particular application? I cannot say... Just something else to take into consideration before you spend your money & time on this project... It is possible to build a small offset into your rim to gain clearance between the spokes & caliper, provided there is enough room between the forks. By moving the hub over to the opposite side of the caliper what happens is you effectively lessen the spoke angles & bring them closer in. Correct wheel spacers will be required when doing this... Hope that helps...
    Last edited by chopedone; 08-10-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: missed something

Get Adobe Flash player

I was at the dealership today and took a look at the 48 for you. It looks like it has sort of a mid-glide that is narrower than the standard 39mm narrowglide of the sportster sitting next to it. The trees, forks, and wheel all looked different, so I'm thinking wheels wouldn't swap. If you really wanted to you could get a complete front end pretty cheap and it should bolt on to your bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

This all has been perfect much appreciated. Thanks guys

The fr hub on the 48 is wider,but the middle of the hub where the spokes connect to is the same width as a sporty 21" wheel ,I would buy a new rim and spokes and lace it up to the original hub.

Share This