Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rooster52478
    • Aug 2010

I think they are ugly. The reveal at Sturgis is pretty damn corny too.

Comment

• davidabl
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Hatchet54
      To me, there can only ever be one Indian.

True enough, but you can always build your own wannabe
      And it can maybe be closer to the spirit of the original than any of the new Indians..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by davidabl; 08-05-2013, 8:10 PM.

Comment

• Hyde802
        • May 2013

Originally posted by daroberts3
        Fugly, every single one. And overpriced
        Yup.

I could probably learn to like the skirted fenders, but paneling or whatever it is under the seat ruins it.

Comment

• TurnerR
          • Aug 2011

I'd like to see one in person... Via picture, it seems very plastic and metric. Just like the Victory bikes... Maybe a first hand look would change my opinion.

Comment

• Wolfie
            • Apr 2024

Anyone into REAL vintage, shoud go to Ted's Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY....that man and his dad (I known em for over 30 yrs) have put together a HUGE ass history of all bikes, and a whole 1/2 a floor is dedicated to Indians, from day one.....I spent 3 hours there, and still didnt see all....(theyre in a huge 2 story renovated warehouse)...

What ticks me off about this unveil, is that them 2 scrounger guys are gonna be doin it....oh yeah, American Pickers...the lil chubby guy's ok, but that Mike is so fulla BS all the time and dont know his ass from his elbow....Wiki the word "wannabe"....

...aaaand in the 40's, Indian made a kinda snowmobile....dont Polaris make snowmobiles ?.....

....the wheel goes round and round....comes back to the same spots....*weg*

Not just that, but them new Can Am backwards trikes....Can Am was originally Bombardier....a snowmobile company....all them trikes are is snowmobiles on wheels pretty much....I went to my local Kawi dealer (they got CanAms too) to get a part, and a guy tried to sell me on a trike....I just told him, that "I dont like snowmobiles too much"....he just looked at me puzzled...bet he didnt even know, lol....
            Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2013, 9:43 PM.

Comment

• spidr
              • Mar 2010

I think its ugly as sin. And I really like the old indians.

Fucking manufacturers need to quit trying to copy what others have sold. The bagger looks like a Glide fucked a Goldwing. and the cheiftain whatever the fuck looks the the offfspring of a Fatboy porking a Shadow.
              The motor looks cool. But I've never bought or rode something because the motor looked cool. Sad really. They had a chance to do something cool.

Comment

• Bdehlin
                • Jul 2011

Love the old Indians, these new ones are just awful. They look like rejects from the Honda design team trying to imitate an Indian. The price is also outrageous for what you get. Don't see anyone but the RUB's buying these things...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• FatSmitty
                  • Nov 2009

Dirty bird concepts has tricked one out - I think these are aimed at the ever increasing bagger crowd.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• davidabl
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Hyde802
                    I could probably learn to like the skirted fenders, but paneling or whatever it is under the seat ruins it.
                    In my humble opinion the Indian that wore it's skirts the best of all was the 1940 Indian Scout Sport

Notice what a lean, trim bike it really is compared to Gilroy/Charlotte/Spirit Lake(Polaris) "Indians"
                    Although the big guy riding it DOES make it look a little smaller than it really is ;-)

Comment

• NeoDutch
                      • Aug 2009

How on earth can a new bike be "Vintage"?

Comment

• davidabl
                        • Nov 2009

Yep, as "vintage" as new wine in old bottles..

Comment

• thackertommy
                          • Jul 2013

A smaller bike in the line comparable to the Sportster.
                          What were they called back in the day ? Scout?
                          Would be cool.[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think it would be a huge success for the company to have a smaller model anyone could afford

Comment

• bobscogin
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by thackertommy
                            I think it would be a huge success for the company to have a smaller model anyone could afford
                            If anyone could afford it, Indian couldn't afford to build it. A company that just dumped $100 million into a new model isn't going to build a bike that would probably cost about 75% of what it cost to build the Chief and sell it for 50% of the price in order to compete against the Sportster. They need to be in the $20K range to get a pay back. You may eventually see a middleweight, but it's a long way off.

Bob

Comment

• MadRiverMotorCo
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by bobscogin
                              If anyone could afford it, Indian couldn't afford to build it. A company that just dumped $100 million into a new model isn't going to build a bike that would probably cost about 75% of what it cost to build the Chief and sell it for 50% of the price in order to compete against the Sportster. They need to be in the $20K range to get a pay back. You may eventually see a middleweight, but it's a long way off.

Bob
                              ...its not that far off...

Comment

• CRFyou
                                • Mar 2010

I'd ride that first one, but I wouldn't pay for it.

And don't you guys act like if Indian made an affordable entry-level sportster bike, you'd be on board.

People on this site have such a kung fu death grip on actual sportsters, that I doubt anyone would let go for another bike/brand.

You've got that whole spooky dark custom hand-shake thing going and the dealership knows you well...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;