Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j12racer
    • May 2013

yeah link ive seen your blog. Awesome stuff man. as for getting it over there thats gonna be the challenge. my dumba$$ sold my only truck and got a gt. lol so unless i strap it on top i dont see me getting it over there until its ride able, then at that point ill definatley be by to see what your up to and maybe a few brews. I wanna take this thing to a few get togethers i hear about up in oklahoma and stuff. I took my gixxer up to bikes blues and bbq but i really wanna see the nity grity biker get togethers for some inspiration for my next project and stuff

Anyways heres a little update. Pretty much my dilemma is trying to get the brake light to work. I finally got the running light to work on it ( i just put a wire to ignition for now) now im just trying to figure out why i cant get the brake switches to work. i want to just splice right into either the front or rear brake switch so im legal. At the brake switches i put a test light to the wires and pull the brake and nothing..... I don't know Sh!t about electrical so I don't know if its because the switch itself isn't getting power to it or what. I have the manual and im looking at the diagram , but this electrical crap wears me out, and pisses me off lol. any suggestions?

Comment

• j12racer
      • May 2013

can somebody help me out here.... im trying to wire up a taillight. it takes the same bulb as the stocker, and i cant figure it out. My wiring is a freaking rats nest, but all i need is brake light and rear running light. I got my running light wired up and works. but my brake light will not come on. Ive tried to wire it straight to the rear brake switch and it still doesn't work.... There are two wires on the rear brake switch i tested them with a multimeter one wire has .04 volts when key is on and the other has .04 volts when i push the rear brake. Also the front brake is the same reading. Is that not enough volts to turn the bulb on ? I tried to put a wire from the brake light to the wire that switches on when the brake is applied....

Comment

• 904Punk
        • Jun 2012

Where in DFW you at? I've got a truck we can load it up in and bring it by Links. Get it all cleaned up and have some brews, I'm pretty sure I'm off this weekend too, you down Link?

Comment

• j12racer
          • May 2013

I live like one mile off of I35W between ft worth and burleson. i got to move my uncle this weekend. Hate to turn down a good time like that and i appreciate the offer though! we def need to get together on a ride though. Nobodyh to ride with around here. if you want me to ill PM you my number so if something is going down you can let me know.

On a side note 10 beers, 2 cans of snuff , 1 big bag of spits and , half a leftover pizza later i got the tail light to work . I still got to make a mount and all that good stuff, but since shes running good and i know the electric works i can get back to the fabbin and such. I HATE ELECTRICAL. Its probably so simple too. like LINK said i probably just making it complicated.. Im gonna go get some sleep now. and back at it tomorrow night . PEACE OUT

Comment

• LinkBelt
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by 904Punk
            Where in DFW you at? I've got a truck we can load it up in and bring it by Links. Get it all cleaned up and have some brews, I'm pretty sure I'm off this weekend too, you down Link?
            He'll Yeah I'm down. Let's work this out and get J12 back on the road. Maybe we will fire up the grill as well. Y'all give me a ring a ding 9173234557.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• j12racer
              • May 2013

link and punk definately gonna need your help now.........
              I got the bike all wired up i didnt change anything to the wiring i just added wires for the taillight. When I start it up its real sluggish sounds like only 2 cylinders are firing. then after a minute it sounds good. So i took it around the block or tried to . I couldnt even get out of first gear. I had the enging almost pegged out and it still just dies. I dont know if its clutch or the two ignition coils bad or what. Maybe valves out of adjustment????

Comment

• LinkBelt
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by j12racer
                link and punk definately gonna need your help now.........
                I got the bike all wired up i didnt change anything to the wiring i just added wires for the taillight. When I start it up its real sluggish sounds like only 2 cylinders are firing. then after a minute it sounds good. So i took it around the block or tried to . I couldnt even get out of first gear. I had the enging almost pegged out and it still just dies. I dont know if its clutch or the two ignition coils bad or what. Maybe valves out of adjustment????
                J12, I know I said I was down to help and I am the problem is I was just told today that I've got to be in Lake Charles LA. Monday mornong for my next job. I apologize Bro. Hopefully Punk can help. I am looking forward to getting together with you guys though.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• j12racer
                  • May 2013

no problem Link yeah let me get my bike going and well go on a ride or something..

Could this problem be that the carbs are flooding out?

Comment

• Jetblack
                    • Apr 2024

Might wanna try slipping some socks over over the pods and see what happens, if you're getting too much air flow pegging the throttle and not going anywhere fast is pretty common. If the clutch isn't adjusted correctly same thing from it too. Make sure you have fire on all the plugs, and that all the pipes are heating up.

Comment

• 904Punk
                      • Jun 2012

I'm wayyy to shitfaced to know if I can help this weekend or not. Send me a pm so I'll see it in the morning. Probably can tomorrow...

Comment

• j12racer
                        • May 2013

lol Thanks 904punk.

Jet thanks for the help! I think is is a combination of a little bit of everything. Also the carb slides wont budge at all so thats probably a big issue lol. As much as i love this bike I hate a four carb setup very much!

Comment

• Jetblack
                          • Apr 2024

Ah, slides can be put in backwards in some carb models, but if you know they are in the right way, and can lift them by sticking a finger in the intake pretty easy, then you might have a vacuum problem that's not raising them when the butterfly opens. If you can't finger raise them at all by finger or it's really tough in backwards. Aluminum oxidizes like a fine grit of sand paper out two of those together and you get sticky slides, I make it a point to polish vacuum operated slides so they glide nice and easy.

Note to people with cable operated slides, do not sand or polish those.

Comment

• j12racer
                            • May 2013

o jeeze. At first i just thought maybe the oxidization stuck them but the other day when i had the bike running i didn't notice the slides moving while on the throttle. any idea as to where the vacuum leak would be?I should add that the previous owner put a harley petcock on the bike. it doesnt have the stock petcock that had two hoses coming out of it. I will also ass that the bike ran descent before with this harley petcock.

Comment

• Jetblack
                              • Apr 2024

Ah it probably had a vacuum operated petcock on it the carbs vacuum is what powered it... aka that "second hose" find where on the carbs the petcock vacuum hose went and cap it... there may be two of them if it T'd to cap off. You can find rubber hose barb caps at hardware stores, you could also in a pinch use some shirnk tube from wiring on it to shrink on the fitting and while the shrink tube is hot squeeze the end together with your fingers to seal the end.

Comment

• j12racer
                                • May 2013

thanks jet. ill try that got a lot of work to do on this thing!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;