CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: The Iron Rose

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default The Iron Rose

thought i would throw up some pics of my current build. almost done. but still a lot of work left if you know what i mean. I need some input here. does anybody think the sissy bar is too tall? are the bars too skinny?? im thinking of putting an old skool bottle opener on the top of the sissy bar and/or shorten it. maybe widen the handlebars also. what say you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130801_233309.jpg   20130801_233900.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

I think that sissy bar looks dope. But I prefer wider bars.

Get Adobe Flash player

looks fine to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

my vote is higher and less simple do something like straight up then bend it to a point

this is the one I did awhile ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks for the comments guys. i decided to keep the tall sissy bar the bottle opener makes it kind of awesome imo. i will probably end up making so different bars. or just bend these at the top outward. i cant go any wider at the bottom or i will hit the tank. i definatley need a new seat this one is crap.i tried to go ratty style on the seat but its to ratty. might make a new one and try my hand at a little leather work next week..

Mark i love that dual headlight setup, except i want round ones. im having trouble finding one descent priced headlight , much less two though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130802_173352.jpg   20130802_173409.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey guys. I have been getting a few things here and there done on this bike, but Im having major troubles with the wiring. Its a rats nest. I was trying to hook up my taillight,and its went downhill from there.... The guy i bought it from removed the huge dash/gigantic gauge cluster, so there are all kinds of wires going every which way. i cant get the brake light to work for nothing. i trace the wires that are supposed to be brake light, but that leads no where. I finally got it to work then all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried tracing the wires for a blown fuse or bad connection but they lead to 10 different places and turn into like 4 wires. its a mess and is very frustrating. Electrical is not my forte. Words of advice???? i was thinking about just redoing all the wiring into a bare bones set up, and i have seen tons of simple diagrams, but i don't know where to start. Should i just rip all the wires out? should i trim carefully? Where should i start to trim/rip? HELP IS NEEDED SO BAD. I was hoping to get this thing on the road next week. Thanks guys

Get Adobe Flash player

JMO, make it simple,especially if you plan on keeping the bike for a while. The best way I've found to do wiring is to have a diagram, every time you run a wire trace each one out on the diagram with a hi lighter of a different color. Super easy Bro. Don't make it complicated.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk 2

Jetblack

There's some advice on wiring in the sticky at the top. My advice is trace label and snip out what you don't need for a first time custom wiring harness... if you have stupid shit like a reserve lighting unit you can just unplug the unit to help trim some bulk down, if you want to remove wiring bulk when you remove the item you don't want, trace the wire out and snip it at it's first tie in at the harness to another wire or component. Keep at that and it basically chops itself. A word on safety lock outs, those typically need to be grounded to complete the circuit and allow starting, those are clutch switch, side stand switch and nonsense like that. It's best to trace the main wire powering those systems to the IC unit then cut it leaving a little length then ground it to by pass them.

If you have an issue come up in the process feel free to pm me or post it on the board.
    Last edited by Jetblack; 08-20-2013 at 8:10 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bars too skinny? What does that even mean? Those things are awesome, but to each his own.

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks link and jet. I'm gonna be trimming some wires tonight!! All safety circuits have already been removed though. Still the bike will go on a 10 lbs weight loss tonight. Whose in the DFW area that can help me put this wiring back together if i screw it up?!?!lol

BigRod, thanks at first i was leary about them, everday they grow on me more and more. Now im diggin em .

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by j12racer View Post
    thanks link and jet. I'm gonna be trimming some wires tonight!! All safety circuits have already been removed though. Still the bike will go on a 10 lbs weight loss tonight. Whose in the DFW area that can help me put this wiring back together if i screw it up?!?!lol

BigRod, thanks at first i was leary about them, everday they grow on me more and more. Now im diggin em .
    He'll j12 I'm in Arlington.

Get Adobe Flash player

awesome link! im right off of 35 By Loves in Burleson. When i screw this up how much will you charge me to get it running ill buy the wires and parts. PM if you interested and ill send you my number.

In about an hour im gonna get to trimmin. Wish me luck!

Get Adobe Flash player

Before i started rewiring i wanted to start it one last time to make sure it was running well, so if i screwed something up i would know for sure its my wiring.... MY luck, after i shut the bike down gas was pouring out of carb #2 . I bet its just a stuck float but still. another set back. If its not one thing it another. It gets frustrating but hey its still fun!

Get Adobe Flash player

I have some horrible A.D.D. hears a few things I been doing. I'm trying to get some practice in for when i make the seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130814_185314.jpg   20130814_155516.jpg   20130816_011621.jpg   20130818_220022 (1).jpg   20130821_053713.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah j12, I'm down to help you. Only thing is we would have to do it around my work schedule and I'd rather do it here at my place where I have Damon near every tool I need at an arms reach. I do some custom shit on my back porch. I call it Back Porch Choppers.

I think I'll be home this weekend if you can get that beast over to my place we can knock it out.

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah link ive seen your blog. Awesome stuff man. as for getting it over there thats gonna be the challenge. my dumba$$ sold my only truck and got a gt. lol so unless i strap it on top i dont see me getting it over there until its ride able, then at that point ill definatley be by to see what your up to and maybe a few brews. I wanna take this thing to a few get togethers i hear about up in oklahoma and stuff. I took my gixxer up to bikes blues and bbq but i really wanna see the nity grity biker get togethers for some inspiration for my next project and stuff

Anyways heres a little update. Pretty much my dilemma is trying to get the brake light to work. I finally got the running light to work on it ( i just put a wire to ignition for now) now im just trying to figure out why i cant get the brake switches to work. i want to just splice right into either the front or rear brake switch so im legal. At the brake switches i put a test light to the wires and pull the brake and nothing..... I don't know Sh!t about electrical so I don't know if its because the switch itself isn't getting power to it or what. I have the manual and im looking at the diagram , but this electrical crap wears me out, and pisses me off lol. any suggestions?

Get Adobe Flash player

can somebody help me out here.... im trying to wire up a taillight. it takes the same bulb as the stocker, and i cant figure it out. My wiring is a freaking rats nest, but all i need is brake light and rear running light. I got my running light wired up and works. but my brake light will not come on. Ive tried to wire it straight to the rear brake switch and it still doesn't work.... There are two wires on the rear brake switch i tested them with a multimeter one wire has .04 volts when key is on and the other has .04 volts when i push the rear brake. Also the front brake is the same reading. Is that not enough volts to turn the bulb on ? I tried to put a wire from the brake light to the wire that switches on when the brake is applied....

Get Adobe Flash player

Where in DFW you at? I've got a truck we can load it up in and bring it by Links. Get it all cleaned up and have some brews, I'm pretty sure I'm off this weekend too, you down Link?

Get Adobe Flash player

I live like one mile off of I35W between ft worth and burleson. i got to move my uncle this weekend. Hate to turn down a good time like that and i appreciate the offer though! we def need to get together on a ride though. Nobodyh to ride with around here. if you want me to ill PM you my number so if something is going down you can let me know.

On a side note 10 beers, 2 cans of snuff , 1 big bag of spits and , half a leftover pizza later i got the tail light to work . I still got to make a mount and all that good stuff, but since shes running good and i know the electric works i can get back to the fabbin and such. I HATE ELECTRICAL. Its probably so simple too. like LINK said i probably just making it complicated.. Im gonna go get some sleep now. and back at it tomorrow night . PEACE OUT

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 904Punk View Post
    Where in DFW you at? I've got a truck we can load it up in and bring it by Links. Get it all cleaned up and have some brews, I'm pretty sure I'm off this weekend too, you down Link?
    He'll Yeah I'm down. Let's work this out and get J12 back on the road. Maybe we will fire up the grill as well. Y'all give me a ring a ding 9173234557.

Share This