Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheatersteve
    • Dec 2012

Triumph 750 Primary Cover???

I converted my late model Triumph 750 Engine to right hand shift. I would like to replace the Primary cover so I dont have to make a plug to the plug the hole in the primary cover. I was told any 650 unit primary will work for a professional sorce, but when I look into buying them, they say wil fit 650's from a specific year. My question is, the years it says it fits is that correct to what came on the bike during those years? or what it will physically fit on??? Will any 650 unit cover fit on my 750??
  • Torch
    • Jul 2009

yes any 1963 and later 650/750 cover will fit.

Comment

• Pete60
      • Jul 2012

You need a T140 cover to clear alternator.It's further from the crankcase because of the the triplex chain.
      A '73-onward cover will fit,so a 650 cover only fits if it's '73-'74.

Just put a cork or an aluminium plug in your original cover.
      Last edited by Pete60; 07-21-2013, 1:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Torch
        • Jul 2009

the T140 cover is not any wider it just doesn't have the 4 little nubs on the timing cover plate casting area that hit the stator

so a little grinder work will allow an earlier windowed cover to fit, and the 67 and below cover has no window at all so it fits a triple row chain bike.

when you put in a 1.5" wide Newby belt drive and move the stator out 3/8" you also need to grind the nubs off.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;