Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elias
    • Oct 2012

tuning 38mm mikuni round slide on a 66XLCH

the bike will start up and ride down the street with the choke on but tweaking the throttle from idle the bike will lag before reving.

bike has uncut straight pipes, 2.0 plug gap, no intake leak or exhaust leak, and jets are clean.

main jet is a 330, pilot is a 30, and the needle is adjusted to the leanest setting.

does anyone have a 900xlch with a 38 mm on it that would mind telling me what there running for jets and needle adjustments?

i have gone through the entire motorcycle fixing all bull shit from the last guy who loved spray paint and jerry rigging everything. its now almost completely stock, leak free, looking beautiful and this is my last step before wheelies and racing baggers.
  • drtrdraj
    • Jul 2015

I have a few mikunis for my 66 xlch but I'm running a ss super b from the 80s. I'd honestly ditch the mikuni and get a CV carb on there. That's my plan alteast. From the research I've done it seems that be the best.

Comment

• LilBill
      • Jan 2011

look around the net for mikuni tuning guides so you can set it up for your particular motor. another guys combo might not be the best for you. you might already know this but i'll throw it out there anyway, if you plan on riding this bike on the streets you'll get more useable torque if you put some back pressure on those pipes.

Comment

• AlexHershey
        • Nov 2014

Put the needle clip in the middle position and start from there. 330/#30 is the way it would come from Sudco for Ironhead applications. http://www.sudco.com/mikuni2.html VM38-9 is the set up for the 900/1000's.

this may also be handy.

Comment

• Supertjeduc
          • Jan 2013

Your pilot is to small if you need the choke after starting ,

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;