Let's see some boulevards and intruders.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CreeperJake
    • May 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	1290146

This is where I'm at with my vz800 right now.
    Last edited by CreeperJake; 05-04-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
      • May 2010

So I got some 39mm lowbrow sporty fork shrouds on sale,, and fitted them onto my 41mm front end. After, I had to black out my front end to match. Just rattle can gloss black with engine enamel clear over. Makes the 23" front wheel look even tougher!

Comment

• bbf
        • Oct 2013

Did you lower the front(smaller fork springs) so the fork shrouds would cover the tops of the lower legs? That front end looks killer with the shrouds and bigger wheel/tire setup! ��

Comment

• Jasonisdico
          • May 2010

Originally posted by bbf
          Did you lower the front(smaller fork springs) so the fork shrouds would cover the tops of the lower legs? That front end looks killer with the shrouds and bigger wheel/tire setup! ��
          Thanks dude. I originally lowered the front 3 inches and ran fork boots. I cut the springs and put a spacer under the damper. I lifted it back up 1-1.5". I'm still 1.5-2" lower than stock, I can't remember which.

Comment

• TheMKoi
            • Jun 2016

What type of air filter do you have on the rear carb? it look tight back there? Also the bike looks awesome.

Originally posted by Jasonisdico
            So I got some 39mm lowbrow sporty fork shrouds on sale,, and fitted them onto my 41mm front end. After, I had to black out my front end to match. Just rattle can gloss black with engine enamel clear over. Makes the 23" front wheel look even tougher!

Comment

• TheMKoi
              • Jun 2016

This is my progress so far,

It will be an Intruder again very soon.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                • May 2010

Originally posted by TheMKoi
                This is my progress so far,

It will be an Intruder again very soon.
                Looks good dude. With as high up as you went, you can ditch the fuel pump no problem and gravity feed your carbs. One less thing to worry about breaking and clear out of there.

I've got a K&N on the front and rear. I used one of the original air box boots to bring the filter out and down further to clear the seat and battery box though. Worked out well.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                  • May 2010

And here it is with some new fishtails on it. Might take some of the middle out of them to make them look not as beefy, but not sure yet.

Comment

• TheMKoi
                    • Jun 2016

Here is my '97 Intruder 1400 finally back on the road.

Name:	20170616_144630.jpg com.jpg
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1297953
                    Last edited by TheMKoi; 09-13-2017, 5:14 AM. Reason: Picture

Comment

• pleasedie
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheMKoi
                      Here is my '97 Intruder 1400 finally back on the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78750[/ATTACH]
                      Man I wanna take my front up 6-8" over so bad. Is this 10" over? Also did you cut the middle rib on the neck or does the 1400 not have the triple rib I can't remember. My 800 isn't running too well right now and running really rich but I went to the dark side and bought a '69 sporty basket case so my attention has been on that as of late but boy do I need a valve job on my Intruder.

Comment

• TheMKoi
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by pleasedie
                        Man I wanna take my front up 6-8" over so bad. Is this 10" over? Also did you cut the middle rib on the neck or does the 1400 not have the triple rib I can't remember. My 800 isn't running too well right now and running really rich but I went to the dark side and bought a '69 sporty basket case so my attention has been on that as of late but boy do I need a valve job on my Intruder.
                        This is only 6" up on the front tubes with the stock neck and a new back bone from scratch. I ran a double back bone for a couple reasons. The stock 1400 has a double, I do not have a good way to bend the pipe consistently, and it would make the build easier and quicker for me.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                          • May 2010

Don’t know why I never posted this one here before. This is ChopSlut. She’s a 1400, 6” up in the downtubes, 8” over fork tubes. Stock rake and trail. Single backbone. 2 into 1 undertail exhaust that has a bitchin sound to it. Lots of other little things about it make for a fun ride. I built it as a loaner bike for buddies. Lot of my buddies come into town with no bike to ride, so this is the one everyone takes out. ChopSlut. As long as your 5’5” or over, the fairing isn’t an issue. If you search #ChopSlut on Instagram you’ll see a lot more pics of it too. A buddy flew in and rode it down to EDR last May with zero issues.

Comment

• 750truder
                            • Nov 2017

Here is my 88 750 intruder Click image for larger version

Name:	C844730B-07B4-445C-B9B5-D42B9A6C85A3.jpg
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	1299358

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by pleasedie
                              Do any of you guys know if it is at ALL possible to fit any type of springer front end on an Intruder? My old man was telling me think it would be impossible but I figure it couldnt hurt to ask. Would be sick if it were.
                              I believe if you want it, it can happen. You can fit a springer or girder onto any bike, just need the right neck post and the right bearings, heard of a marauder on this site that couldn't turn because the springer was too narrow - a set of offset trees would change that. Choppers - no rules.
                              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• 750truder
                                • Nov 2017

Name:	20171216_091128.jpg
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	1299677 here's my turd 88 750
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse