Let's see some boulevards and intruders.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wnrn
    • Apr 2013

Those sprocket floor boards. Fuck yeah.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
      • May 2010

Originally posted by pleasedie
      Man you are a true inventive craftsman haha that Bud Light taillight is genuis!!!!! yeah where'd you get that tank? I HATE the stock tank on these really wish it were simpler to run a peanut tank.
      Keenan is right, it came off an old Honda Dirtbike. Can't remember exactly what right now. Before this tank, I had a Suzuki Savage tank that I dished with a mallet mocked up on it, and it looked good too. Cleared everything and had plenty of space for stuff under it. I welded a plate over the speedo whole to make it look like solid.

Comment

• 2wheelmikey
        • Mar 2014

ah, word, I feel that. Where do you guys hide/move the ignition control that sits under the passenger seat pad on the rear fender?
        I put mine under my solo seat pan. Here are some pics of it painted finally.... seats not mounted and may change it still..

Comment

• bikebldr
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Jasonisdico
          Ok, I’m gonna go on a picture uploading spree here. This first bike is my daily. It’s an 87 700. I hardtailed it, made the bars, seat pan, fender, sissybar, taillight etc. It uses an Ironhead rear brake master cylinder as the foot clutch. The pistol grip is my shifter and the trigger is the starter button.

This next one is an 80-something 1400 Intruder. It has a dropseat hardtail now that is not pictured. I built the pipes using misc stock pipe bends. I made the bars and fitted the tank and stuff too. I’ll try and get updated pics of how it looks now after this rain stops. Floorboards are sprockets. Rear brake is the new clutch master cylinder. Big plans for this one. It’ll look very different next week.

This one is a buddy of mines 1400. It’s a mild custom by my standards, but I did the work on it. It’s clean and simple, and he likes it so that’s what matters.

Lastly is my good buddy’s early 90’s Intruder 800. It’s a pretty intense bike, and he rides the fuck out of it. 21” front wheel, no front brake. Drop seat, with basically no padding. Model A spare tire ring fender. Bars are 13” from end to end. Sissy bar has SS bolts and is over 6’ tall. Pipes wrap all around the fucking bike. Foot clutch, jockey shift, tiny tank. I’ll get a picture of his reserve bottle holster I made for it.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I don’t hop on CC everyday, so PM me if your question is pressing.
          Is there a built thread on this last intruder somewhere? That bike is sick

Comment

• Jasonisdico
            • May 2010

Originally posted by bikebldr
            Is there a built thread on this last intruder somewhere? That bike is sick
            No build thread. I've got other pics of it on my phone.

And thanks, it definitely gets lots of looks at shows and around town. (I didn't put the hashtag crap on the side of this pic.)

Comment

• bikebldr
              • Mar 2012

That's so fuckin rad. I do have a question about the stock air box, looks like its removed completely, what did you do on the motor where all the hoses run out to the stock air box? And did you guys yard all the other "emissions" stuff? Btw, that 1400 is sick too.

Comment

• pleasedie
                • Nov 2013

yo Intruder friends have a question. SO I would really love to run a pair of narrow rabbit ear pullbacks BUT I'm not quite sure the holes in the stock triple trees will fit riserless bars. I took my risers off and measured em and it looks like it's an inch and half so I'm thinking they won't since I'm running 1" bars. anybody here run riserless? I'm trying to get these. http://zombieperformance.bigcartel.c...erless-rabbits

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by bikebldr
                  That's so fuckin rad. I do have a question about the stock air box, looks like its removed completely, what did you do on the motor where all the hoses run out to the stock air box? And did you guys yard all the other "emissions" stuff? Btw, that 1400 is sick too.
                  Stock air box gets removed on every bike I touch. Most of the lines are vacuum and overflow and can be ditched. Yeah, if it did make it go faster, we pulled it off.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                    • May 2010

yo Intruder friends have a question. SO I would really love to run a pair of narrow rabbit ear pullbacks BUT I'm not quite sure the holes in the stock triple trees will fit riserless bars. I took my risers off and measured em and it looks like it's an inch and half so I'm thinking they won't since I'm running 1" bars. anybody here run riserless? I'm trying to get these. http://zombieperformance.bigcartel.c...erless-rabbits
                    The spacing to the riser holes is different from what Zombie sells. He can make you set to your exact specs though. You can run riserless bars on an intruder, you just have to continue to use bushings. You can go with polyurethane instead of rubber for a stiffer feel. You just need the bars to have the same 'ends' as the risers, so bolts go through and you put a nut on the bottom. Or, just have the bottom of the bars threaded, and run a bolt up through the bushings.

Comment

• pleasedie
                      • Nov 2013

The spacing to the riser holes is different from what Zombie sells. He can make you set to your exact specs though. You can run riserless bars on an intruder, you just have to continue to use bushings. You can go with polyurethane instead of rubber for a stiffer feel. You just need the bars to have the same 'ends' as the risers, so bolts go through and you put a nut on the bottom. Or, just have the bottom of the bars threaded, and run a bolt up through the bushings.
                      thanks man! This'll help a lot, I'll have to measure the distance of the ends I guess, unless anyone knows what it is off hand? would it be better to tell him in inches or mm?

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                        • May 2010

thanks man! This'll help a lot, I'll have to measure the distance of the ends I guess, unless anyone knows what it is off hand? would it be better to tell him in inches or mm?
                        There are T-bars made for Intruders, so if you find a set online, they will probably have the spacing listed. I'd contact him and see what he says. He might even know.

Comment

• pleasedie
                          • Nov 2013

Thread kinda died, here's to reviving it lol. Took some pictures of my bitch tonight with my old man after a sick night ride.

& here's me & my ugly mug haha

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                            • May 2010

So I got some new stuff done on my chop. New rear car tire. No, it's not sketchy on the freeway. Truthfully, I can't really feel a difference between it and a motorcycle tire.

New shift knob my pops made for me. It's made from the same piece of wood as my Grandma's urn. The piece of top is from a tie-clip my great grandfather got for working at McDonald/Douglas after working on the design for the DC10. It was given to my dad, then to me. Now it's on my bike.

And of course I needed a sissy for camping trips and shit(like Born Free coming up), and a seat for my chick.

Comment

• MrRoadBandit
                              • Feb 2014

And of course I needed a sissy for camping trips and shit(like Born Free coming up), and a seat for my chick.
                              dude. you know this already. but there is so much fucking win in this entire bike. lol. love it.

Comment

• pleasedie
                                • Nov 2013

So I got some new stuff done on my chop. New rear car tire. No, it's not sketchy on the freeway. Truthfully, I can't really feel a difference between it and a motorcycle tire.

Man, that new shift knob is cool as fuck and awesome it has meaning, I sort of have a similar situation on my bike. I have my great uncle's U.S.A.F pouch that I use as my saddlebag that he had on him while killing fools in the pacific war, pretty sick. Also your bike is so badass and inspiring, a lot of intruders(none on here really) look so fucking ugly

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;