Let's see some boulevards and intruders.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasonisdico
    • May 2010

Ok, I’m gonna go on a picture uploading spree here. This first bike is my daily. It’s an 87 700. I hardtailed it, made the bars, seat pan, fender, sissybar, taillight etc. It uses an Ironhead rear brake master cylinder as the foot clutch. The pistol grip is my shifter and the trigger is the starter button.

This next one is an 80-something 1400 Intruder. It has a dropseat hardtail now that is not pictured. I built the pipes using misc stock pipe bends. I made the bars and fitted the tank and stuff too. I’ll try and get updated pics of how it looks now after this rain stops. Floorboards are sprockets. Rear brake is the new clutch master cylinder. Big plans for this one. It’ll look very different next week.

This one is a buddy of mines 1400. It’s a mild custom by my standards, but I did the work on it. It’s clean and simple, and he likes it so that’s what matters.

Lastly is my good buddy’s early 90’s Intruder 800. It’s a pretty intense bike, and he rides the fuck out of it. 21” front wheel, no front brake. Drop seat, with basically no padding. Model A spare tire ring fender. Bars are 13” from end to end. Sissy bar has SS bolts and is over 6’ tall. Pipes wrap all around the fucking bike. Foot clutch, jockey shift, tiny tank. I’ll get a picture of his reserve bottle holster I made for it.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I don’t hop on CC everyday, so PM me if your question is pressing.

Comment

• Keenan
      • Jan 2014

Pics as of now. Waiting for this cold ass weather to subside so I can paint.

Last edited by Keenan; 03-28-2014, 8:32 AM.

Comment

• pleasedie
        • Nov 2013

Do any of you guys know if it is at ALL possible to fit any type of springer front end on an Intruder? My old man was telling me think it would be impossible but I figure it couldnt hurt to ask. Would be sick if it were.

Comment

• wnrn
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Keenan
          Here's my Marauder...

Just wow.

Comment

• PeteyD13
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Keenan
            Here's my Marauder...

That's Rad.

Comment

• Keenan
              • Jan 2014

Thanks, here it is after paint, fender, and sissy

Pleasedie, you'd probably need to swamp head tubes to run a springer
              Last edited by Keenan; 05-16-2014, 7:53 PM.

Comment

• 2wheelmikey
                • Mar 2014

this is my '86 VS700 when I got it last year..

this is out a couple weeks ago

this is it with the new custom exhaust and sissy bar, seat still needs finished..

seat springs and taillight are on order, should be here Wednesday.. Then I can paint tank and fenders and be on the road.. currently the I have the forks torn down and putting in new seals and oil..

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by 2wheelmikey
                  this is my '86 VS700 when I got it last year..

seat springs and taillight are on order, should be here Wednesday.. Then I can paint tank and fenders and be on the road.. currently the I have the forks torn down and putting in new seals and oil..

Does your exhaust clear the rear carb? I didn't think there was enough space to go that route. The exhaust on my 1400 looks exactly like that, but that's because it's not liquid cooled(no rear coolant line) and the starter is in the front.

Comment

• 2wheelmikey
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Jasonisdico

Does your exhaust clear the rear carb? I didn't think there was enough space to go that route. The exhaust on my 1400 looks exactly like that, but that's because it's not liquid cooled(no rear coolant line) and the starter is in the front.
                    Everything clears.. I got the idea from a pic I saw of a 1400. I also wrapped that section of pipe a couple extra times.. to help with heat. I fired it up and let it warm up and it didn't seem to have any major heat issues with being that close to the back carb. When its done, will see how it runs for a longer period of time off the stand. I am not in it that much actually, so if I have to change it, it is possible.. I was never a fan of the stock exhaust though

Comment

• pleasedie
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jasonisdico

Looks good so far, my dad has this same model from when he was a kid although he doesn't ride it now that he has a HD but it's still cool. Are you planning on hardtailing it eventually? if not I'm not sure the mounts where you welded your sissy will hold when you're riding since the shocks will be moving up and down along with the shaft. I could be wrong but that's why I didn't mount my sissy to the rear disc.

Comment

• 2wheelmikey
                        • Mar 2014

I originally had the rear fender mocked up so the suspension/swing arm would travel like it is supposed to, but it looked really stupid. I redesigned it so the front of the fender mounts at the front of the swing arm, and the top of the fender mounts with the sissy bar. Holds it with room to clear the tire, (not mounted in the back in the pic)

So now the fender sits low, and moves with the tire/swing arm. I didn't make it to carry any other passengers, nor do I have plans on hardtailing it. The sissy bar is welded to DOM tubing that I used as an axle spacer on the left side, and a thicker washer on the right side. It is mainly there as a place to mount the rear fender, as well as strap a back pack to on long rides, or if I need a place to strap my jacket if its a really nice day.... and partially for looks. But is very easily removed and not welded to the swing arm itself.

Comment

• pleasedie
                          • Nov 2013

ah, word, I feel that. Where do you guys hide/move the ignition control that sits under the passenger seat pad on the rear fender?

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                            • May 2010

Here's some pics of my Intruder 1400 finished(for now). I hated the fender before, so I chopped to a solo seat. I do plan on running a fender down the road, but the back end is getting a special treatment beforehand. The tail light is a Bud Light Platinum bottle I cut down. The clutch master cylinder is a Nissin Rear Brake cylinder. Headlight I scooped off a guy here. The front rim is a 23" dirt bike rim with a dual-sport tire. Dropped the front end 3" already, but I'm considering coming down another 1.5". The front brake lever is from an XR80 or something. I slipped the wiring for the brake light through some 550 cord I had. I tried to get the tank paint to match the pipe wrap, but I'm not a painter and don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Here's the pics.

Comment

• Keenan
                              • Jan 2014

That intruder is fucking rad dude. Is that an old honda tank? I dig those bars

Comment

• pleasedie
                                • Nov 2013

Man you are a true inventive craftsman haha that Bud Light taillight is genuis!!!!! yeah where'd you get that tank? I HATE the stock tank on these really wish it were simpler to run a peanut tank.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;