CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Show me some Rat or other dirty bastard!

Hi gent,I'm new to the cult but i'm a long long time reader of your post, and this is time i do something to my savage, i need to see some, i really like to go that route with my suzuki "salvage"
    everything un painted or dirty as fuck or unusual you had build or had le the nature do it homework!
    I really hate chrome... but raw and brushed metal are prettyer

here a pic of it as it current state, too shinny... oh and it's on a really thight budget, sooo that why your idea are welcome!

Thanks guys

Same bike, less paint (or bedliner)

photo 003_zpse215915e.jpg

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice bike , and yes the bedliner needs to go hahaha, i hope that paint stripper can remove that stuff, i got it for cheap and i juste rode the shit of its this season.
    but i keep the shock, or i will break my back and the bike (damn quebec pothole)

does your exhaust set is loud enough with baffle? and do you need to rejet?
    Last edited by mtlsir; 06-23-2013 at 8:02 AM.

Baffle is really just a bolt and some washers. It actually sounds good. I did re-jet. It has the straight pipe and a V-stack so jetting was needed. Don't by a jet "kit" just buy the jets you need. They are only like 6 bucks or so. Eventually I ended up lengthening the exhaust with a piece of pipe from some old Harley drag pipes and this helped the mid-range flat spot I was getting.

stonemaster

saw one done much like this on around where I live, wish I had snap a pic

Get Adobe Flash player

well, it's not a rat, but it's dirty due to an oil leak I should get around to fix..
    not much done on this, license plate moved to the left, replaced that horrible chunk of tail light with a more discrete one and the air filter got replaced with a k&n filter.
    pipe is some aftermarket "baffle" I got cheap. And of course the fuel petcock got replaced with a raptor, fuel filter too.
    sorry for the large pics...

Last edited by magnus; 06-24-2013 at 2:15 PM. Reason: forgot something

Get Adobe Flash player

bike too shiny you say? on a budget you say?

grab a scotchbrite pad and get to scuffing! underneath all your chrome is a layer of nickle plating just waiting for you to free it from the midlife-crisis-curing bling up above.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156

Get Adobe Flash player

'81 cm200t
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ratrod5.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	40513

Get Adobe Flash player

Not an Intruder, but...

Old pics, too...she's got apes now, and I ditched the gauges. I just haven't taken the time to take any pics since before that.
    Last edited by Niner; 06-25-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks guys, the cm and the cb are nice! don't be shy to show me other make and model, i don't car. if it's look old and dirty theat It!

livingdeadmc

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372182088338.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	40524
    1976 xs650 "Death Trap"

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372182160271.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	40525
    1973 cb550 "The Dead Baron"

Built both of these bikes 2-3 years back.

Get Adobe Flash player

I like both those Livingdead...
    Is that a 21" or 23" on the first one?
    The dirtbike tire just looks good!

Get Adobe Flash player

Here you go ....haha yeah i still got a long way to go but its on the back burner while i finish the cx500 cafe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130619_093315.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry for the above pic ....But here it is getting home with the hardtail ....76 cb550 drum all the way around and a 21" front wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

thr front 21 inch wheel is the way to go! it look sick, it's on your stock hub or borrowed from a dirtbike?

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks to Livingdead, this is pretty ratty to me.... But I love it! 2009 Kawasaki 500

Coolant Bottle/Plate mount

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mtlsir View Post
    thr front 21 inch wheel is the way to go! it look sick, it's on your stock hub or borrowed from a dirtbike?
    Its a xt 500 yamaha rim

Get Adobe Flash player

My old Dyna started out as a purple bone stock 2000 FXDX. When I got the bike I didn't care what the color was I was looking for a low mileage 2000 or newer bike without fuel injection, then less than 4 months after I got it I was hit on the freeway and went down doing about 55 mph and this spurred the devolution into its dystopian style, it just seemed natural. First order of business was to cut the fenders down and then break out the sander and wire wheel to strip off every speck of Richard Simmons Village People Plum Crazy Passion Purple and brush down the chrome to the soft nickel underneath. I've seen what seems to be a zillion flat black rattle can paint jobs so black was out, Rustolium patio furniture green was exactly what I wanted, it's pretty tough, goes on easy and has a very distinct hue of green. It's a flat green without being military olive drab green, and some black wrinkle coat manifold paint for the racing stripes. Added some Biltwell Friscos and eliminated the rear tail light using the turn signals as brake lights. By the time Born Free rolled around I'd ditched the stock signal lights and added a pair of 5.56mm ammo cans painted to match and tractor trailer clearance lights to replace the stock lights. Worked good, looked a hell of a lot tougher than saddle bags even if their capacity is pretty low. Bacon Run II added a sissy bar made out of Home Depot cold rolled square tubing that I was sure would end up cracking or bending and needing replacement after the ride. Almost a year's worth of riding and Mexico's infamous Highway 3 on EDR V and it's still holding it's own. This last winter the bike was down due to the dreaded TC 88's cam chain tensioner failure, by the time spring rolled around the bike was converted over to mids, Fueling's gear driven cams, oil pump, and cam plate plus a Titanium wrapped Thunderheader with the heat shields placed over the wrap and the sissy was made even taller to accommodate a GoPro for a 3rd person perspective while riding and the clearance lights got swapped out for 3 slick looking LED clusters. The bike is my main means of transportation and gets ridden year round regardless of weather with exception to when I have to use the old Toyota since its tags are dirty.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372212017.106339.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	40548
    Photo credit goes to Billdozer it was taken en route to Hippy Killer before the GoPro was added.

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks guys for those pics, i can smell the saw in my fenders and a found a big 4inch round stoplight from u-haul when you take the car trailler, in the recycle bin, i've heard freebee zip zero nada in my head!
    i'm thinking to put it on a sissybar and leave the plateholder under it.
    this week end i will go see in scrapward if i could see some motorcycle parts with beautifull quebec patina.
    Nice story Thepete, maybe not the part where you got hit, but the ''d''evolution is good. mine got grounded twice in the same week by some kids, it's at that momment it thought about the ratbike or just bare minimum mechanical maintenance and fuck the esthetics.

Get Adobe Flash player

Heres mine

photo 20120714_170418.jpg

Share This