Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimboslice
    • Jun 2013

Does anyone know the stretch and drop of that black ironhead 2 posts up.

And yes I agree it does look like a moped Perhaps Ill make it a pedal start.

Comment

• Gunsix
      • Dec 2012

I love Ironheads-my first Harley was an 85 ironhead. Incredibly difficult to find parts for since 85 was also the year they dropped the ironheads. My best advice would be to ride it, and see what you and the bike would like. After you put some miles on it, it will tell you what it wants. I dig that front wheel. If you want to drop the ass end just get some burly's for it so you still have shocks in the rear until you decide which way you want to go.
      I would get a smaller rear wheel and get some short shocks and ride the shit out of it. Then go from there-good luck!

Comment

• seatraveler
        • Mar 2024

I like the Jap style swingarm look! Looks badass and is more original then a k and q seat chop. Pretty Dope looking!
        Attached Files

Comment

• coldfeet
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by seatraveler
          I like the Jap style swingarm look! Looks badass and is more original then a k and q seat chop. Pretty Dope looking!
          Are you talking about your thumbnail? Thats a rigid shovel ...?

edit: but I agree, the jap style swingarms rule. Those dudes putting out those " rat friends " stickers ride some awesome swingarm shovels and pans
          Last edited by coldfeet; 06-20-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• TwoLaneFever
            • Mar 2024

ah welcome to the world of vibes man,,,seriously 18 in the rear,not 19,get it running sound ,after factory service manual,get used to dissapering oil from tank,(these are common to leak past the check valve in oil pump so don't freak ,when it is 2 quarts low a day after you filled it)once you get used to it,s peculiarities you will have a fun ride as long as you remember these where race bikes ,,,,

Comment

• JohnnyBGoode
              • May 2011

I swear I seen that bike before....

looks goofy with that rear wheel... I'd put a front brake on if I was you (let the hordes come) I ran for a year with just the rear drum and it was the sketchiest year of my life

Comment

• jimboslice
                • Jun 2013

I love the jap bikes and I will def draw some ideas from them. Johnny B I plan on running a front brake. I need to get the rotor, MC, and brake lines.

The current front end on it is from a 2005 sporty. It wobbles like no ones business. The PO said I needed to get some more spacers for the triple tree to fit right. I looked and he currently has stacks of washers as spacers. I might change out the front end completely not sure what I will do yet.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;