Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheatersteve
    • Dec 2012

Triumph Front End Identification HELP!

Hey I want to pick up a front end for my bobber. I want to be able to run the repop fork covers form TFMW. They say the covers will fit 650's 63-70 and 500's 58-74. I would to know what year and model this front end if from so I know if the covers will fit. Also Will this fit in 1968 t120 frame? Thanks, Steve

Attached Files
  • TRUMPNUT
    • Jul 2009

It's hard to tell what model it is for sure since the axle width is what we need to know . That top tree was used to 68 . But it looks to be internaly sprung so it could be earlier or just built up from parts .

Comment

• cheatersteve
      • Dec 2012

With the tabs on the fork lowers is there anyway to know what wheel can be run on this front end? What years were internally sprung?

Comment

• PsYcHoBiLLyRocKeR
        • Aug 2009

You sure those aren't BSA forks?

Comment

• cheatersteve
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by PsYcHoBiLLyRocKeR
          You sure those aren't BSA forks?
          im not exactly sure.....they have a triumph logo on the top nut of the triple tree, but the more i look at them the triumph nut goes right through the center of the risers

Comment

• tattooedblue
            • Nov 2011

Those look just like the forks on mine and I believe them to be from a 1968 Triumph

Comment

• Jhax
              • Jan 2013

68 triumphs had externally sprung forks with fork gators

Comment

• cheatersteve
                • Dec 2012

anyone have a 63-70 front end for sale?

Comment

• Jhax
                  • Jan 2013

PM Sent

Comment

• tattooedblue
                    • Nov 2011

Your triple clamps are 67 or 68 as I stated...
                    Top clamp looks just like this NOS 67 clamp for sale...

This one looks just like yours and mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-TRIUMPH-TOP-TRIPLE-CLAMP-97-2101-1967-T100C-T120C-T120TT-COMPETITION-650-500-/360649012966?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f85b36e6

1963-66 use the same top and bottom tree. solid mount bar and p clamp. top tree has no steering lock in it as it is the nieman lock on the l/h side of the frame. there is a cut out on the stem of the lower tree to accept the lock. 1967 moves to a lock in the top tree and the bottom tree is the same as a 1963-66 bar for there is no cut out for the nieman lock as its now in the top tree. you can use a 1963-66 bottom tree in a 1967 as the cut out in the stem is redundant but you cant use a 1967 bottom tree in a
                    1963-66 as the cut out in the stem is needed. you would have to mill the slot in the stem to use it in earlier models. 1968 has the same top tree as 1967 and the bottom tree is different again as it has a unf 5/16 hole in it to put the zenner diode bracket on. it will go into a 1967 but 67 has no zenner diode bracket threaded hole.

I know for sure I have the same triple clamp as you..
                    Road models use p-clamps and competition models use rigid mount top tree..
                    I know I have 68 wheels as the front brakes are completely different from the 67
                    I also seem to have the same fork tubes as you...
                    same fender mounts on the lower, same brake drum holder on the right leg. It also appears that your lowers, like mine, are steel... Triumph went to an aluminum lower fork leg in 1971 and 4 bolt axle caps...

So we do in fact have 67-68 forks it appears.. I have seen internal spring conversions mentioned, and it's possible that someone may have done that to ours in the past, though I have not taken mine apart to see

Last edited by tattooedblue; 05-31-2013, 7:08 AM.

Comment

• TheLakewoodKid2
                      • Nov 2009

If you don't find anything I have also everything but the tubes

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;