CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd go with a pushrod adjustment, points, but what's with the phillips screw driver intake clamp bolts? man you need threaded with the 3/8 nut on it to drive it down on it! Can't crank on a screwdriver as hard. Do your heads have the oring slot around the intake? I see your intake manifold doesn't have it, I never had much luck with just bands on mine, I run bands and o rings.. clamps nice.

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by bikesandshit View Post
    Can someone that is good with wiring help me? I need help with starter and starter realy?
    You need to start your own thread.

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBGoode View Post
    I'd go with a pushrod adjustment, points, but what's with the phillips screw driver intake clamp bolts? man you need threaded with the 3/8 nut on it to drive it down on it! Can't crank on a screwdriver as hard. Do your heads have the oring slot around the intake? I see your intake manifold doesn't have it, I never had much luck with just bands on mine, I run bands and o rings.. clamps nice.
    Johnny you mean you run the O-rings under the rubber bands ? I've never tried that. But yeah that clamp and rubber band combo looks like trouble. I prefer the O-rings with a coating of RTV then the two piece clamps.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for all of the help guys! I've got an intake seal kit coming, new condenser and points and will adjust timing, pushrods and give the carb a good cleaning. If I have to resurrect this thread from the dead... you'll know it didn't work! Thanks again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well post back with results for sure, I had a condenser take a shit on me once, popped and farted all the way home, but I still got there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by xllance View Post
    Johnny you mean you run the O-rings under the rubber bands ? I've never tried that. But yeah that clamp and rubber band combo looks like trouble. I prefer the O-rings with a coating of RTV then the two piece clamps.
    Yup, I fought intake leaks all the damn time, if I saw even a hint of white on one plug, even if it was dark I knew I had a leak, and those o rings and bands work great.. Make sure your heads are lined up with your intake good first, I measure a lot to ensure it's proper.

Get Adobe Flash player

dude wtf no update?
    also have you tried hotter plugs?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bikesandshit View Post
    Can someone that is good with wiring help me? I need help with starter and starter realy?
    might want to start your own thread and not hijack this one.... Plus, do a search for wiring diagrams. there are a shit ton of them out there....

Default Now my iron!

Hey guys! Now I own this 82 Ironehead..here's the story..

put 1,000 trouble free, awesome miles on her last summer.
    This spring, she is back to shits ville! Runs best with enrich lever up, smoke, and bogs or dies when goosed.

I know my jets are good...what happened over winter?

Just cleaned and checked carb. Tried to check for intake leaks but that looks pretty good too... eep!

oh also, new plugs, wires, and ignition. New oil pressure switch (to fix a leak). All those items worked A+ last summer...
    Last edited by Gilhelm; 03-21-2015 at 5:25 PM. Reason: forgot this stuff...

Get Adobe Flash player

What ignition are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Stay24k View Post
    What ignition are you running?
    Stock!
    Running it a bit harder, I did find I have exhaust leaks at the header...but that wouldnt cause such a power drop....

Oh, the "new" ignition I put in is teh actual key switch....old one was terrible. That fix went great, got me through teh second half of last summer trouble free.

if it sat. drag some paper through the points, make sure they are clean. I have never had luck checking for intake leaks with spray.. I always take a propane torch and open it up (without lighting it) and gassing around the intake. be careful to direct it away from the air cleaner, otherwise its not gonna tell ya anything.

thnx jared, will try...

Share This