CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

USAF Instructor Pilot currently at Beale AFB just North of Sacramento. Busy as hell flying but I maybe able to get away depending on dates.

SailorJake

Navy Seabee here out of Port Hueneme CA. i'd be interested depending on time frame. wont be home from afghan til late summer.

Get Adobe Flash player

Semper yut kill devil dogs. I'm a marine vet myself 0612 served from 2003/2007 camp lejeune, nc. This sounds like an awsome project and I would love to go for a ride with you guys once my scoot is all legit

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Get Adobe Flash player

Semper Fi, Charlie 1/9 The Walking Dead. Colorado.

377th Security Forces Squadron
    NCOIC, Military Working Dog Section
    Currently seperated with a retirement date of July 1st, 2013

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by FreeRider View Post
    377th Security Forces Squadron
    NCOIC, Military Working Dog Section
    Currently seperated with a retirement date of July 1st, 2013
    Even if you already had your C&P physical, read this which can help you navigate the VA processes in the "different" world you are entering.

Snipped from an email I've sent to various Air Force buds:
    Jim Strickland gave me plenty of useful advice when I successfully appealed my disability claim.

Googling his name will yield lots of info:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/How_To_DIY.html

http://www.vawatchdog.org/How_To_Write_A_Nexus.html

http://www.vawatchdog.org/

http://www.hadit.com/forums/

http://benefits.va.gov/predischarge/...ubexpandable=0

VA Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) Examination Templates. Every vet should read every applicable template then research any terms they don't understand PRIOR to any exam including
    pre-discharge exams.

http://benefits.va.gov/PREDISCHARGE/...lity-exams.asp

My advice:

Get and retain hard copies of EVERY medical record, including CD/DVD copies of MRIs including the reports section (if not on disk, get 'em however provided), and never send an original "anything" to the VA.

Always use copies. Send via a tracked method to confirm receipt, and save the tracking number stubs noting precisely what was sent with them.

Save copies of every deployment order throughout your career. Orderly rooms and units themselves disappear over time. You may wish to scan particularly important documents and email them to yourself if you use webmail or other email likely to endure over time. Also burn scanned images to CD/DVD at slowest speed for best burn.

You will need your service and medical records for decades, and so may your family members.

Most civilian and many military medical professionals don't speak "VA". That means every G.I. or veteran should learn to translate then guide their provider in appropriate communication with the VA, including telling them WHY that is necessary. Don't be shy. Study as if it were a promotion test then speak up. You can bring copies of the templates with you.

The VA aren't your adversary, but they can't work without tools so you must provide as much supporting documentation as possible.

Tell other G.I.s so THEY properly prepare throughout their careers. That includes documenting every injury, disease, and toxic exposure PROMPTLY in the military medical system then checking to ensure it's in your records.

Feel free to forward this (after snipping my email address) to anyone who might find it useful.

There is much more info in the web, so use every resource you can find to keep current and to cross-check all your info.

Use veterans forums. The only "dumb question" is one you don't ask.
    Enjoy your retirement. You earned it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey bud,

Im in Vista, also a DINFOS warrior (amongst other things!) When you get your dates going let us know...Im down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Even if you already had your C&P physical, read this which can help you navigate the VA processes in the "different" world you are entering.

Snipped from an email I've sent to various Air Force buds:

Enjoy your retirement. You earned it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Any progress on this project? I think its a great idea, kind of goes along with an article I read recently about "walking off the war". Combat vets hiking the Appalacian or Pacific Coast trails to get thier minds right when they come home. Long rides solo or with some good buddies might have the same effect.

Good luck and have fun!

Get Adobe Flash player

Former 8404 Fleet Marine Force Navy Combat Trauma Corpsman out in Biltwell country (Murrieta, Ca). As long as I have enough notice to make a few arrangements I'd be down, wife's a former Canadian Forces Army Medic so we'd need the extra time to get the kid squared away if we're both gonna go.

Get Adobe Flash player

Armor, US Army Retired, Portland Oregon

Get Adobe Flash player

USMC OIF '06 @ Haditha, OEF '10 Helmand. Still active, but may be able depending on how long! Local SD riders - I am down for link-up.

Get Adobe Flash player

USN IC. 15 years, USS Crommelin (95-2000), NavMag Pearl Harbor(2000-2004), USS Higgins (2004-2009), Camp Lemonier, Djbouti (2007-2008) SWRMC SD (2009-2010).

Get Adobe Flash player

Former Marine K-9 handler. Iraq 07, Afghan 09-11(contractor). In Phoenix, AZ area.

Share This