Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eric123
    • Feb 2010

GN400 Wiring Diagram Simplified

My modest contribution to this forum...This is the diagram I created and have been using for awhile...

• soca750
    • Nov 2009

gotta love simplified diagrams. nice work man

Comment

• 73Iron
      • Feb 2012

what purpose does the battery serve in this diagram? is it only to run the lights when the bike isn't running? because it looks like everything is getting power before the battery.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I just got one of these and am looking to make it as simple as possible

Comment

• Jetblack
        • Apr 2024

Certainly does look that way doesn't it? Many Japanese models do not generate enough voltage off the kick to fire it over, especially with the lights wired in off the magneto. The main reason has to do with how the stator is wound in phases... you can have single, double or triple phazed wound stators, a winding for lighting, one for coils, and one for charging. If the stator is wound for coil on the first phase then you could kick it sans a battery, if the coil and the battery are on the same winding with lights first then you'd have to kick your bike over at 2k plus rpm to power the coils in the charging range of rpm... also the battery does a lot more than power the coil until it's started, it is also a load balance in many models.

You could delete the battery, but it would take some major electrical system changes stator rewinding, and bleeding off the excess voltage at higher rpms. Older Hondas (60's & 70's)for example produce over 10,000 volts at idle... now imagine how much voltage it's producing at 10,000 rpm. So in the case pictured above it's very similar and more load balance to bleed off all the excess voltage instead of used to power when starting.

Comment

• TROUB13MAKER
          • Jun 2017

Good day I know this is a little late but what if I want to put the blinkers back on. I know ill add the signal relay, do I add the regulator as well or? Ill add photos of my project thank

Comment

• 83v45
            • Jan 2011

Managed to extract this locked image from pbucket. I want to say that it's a great schematic, but it's missing one thing. You still need the ac rectifier on the pink wire. The original schematics ran a rectifier to ground hanging off the pink wire, and then the regular rectifier on the white/blue for charging.

I've come across a bunch of posts for GN400's blowing headlights. That rectifier missing would be one reason why that would happen. Hope this helps someone in the future!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;