Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vonpetrol
    • Mar 2010

Yeah, a little "persuasion" with a dead blow hammer and a chunk o' wood was what I was planning, but before I fucked something up I thought I'd ask. Once I get them apart I'll do a little cleanup and post some more pics.

Comment

• jason43
      • Aug 2009

With the frame modified like that you can mount tanks like this amazing bike from Four Aces

Comment

• justinspace
        • Jan 2010

omg, i just made a mess in my pants....build that, or somthing like it....way too cool

Comment

• vonpetrol
          • Mar 2010

With block of 2"x4" in one hand and 3# sledge in the other I tried to muscle out that springer...no f@*!ing luck. I am amazed. I put it away and started on my next project for the day, removing the front axle from the hub...no luck there either. I cannot believe that two seemingly simple tasks have thwarted me. The hub is one of the star designs and one of the springer rockers is still in place on the axle bolt head side. It looks as though there is an inner axle that turns when I turn the bolt head but does not back out. I've tried to push/pull it out to no avail either...how frustrating.

Some days you have success in the garage and some failure. This was one of the latter until I began cleaning up a few milk crates full of ironhead motor parts I scored from the same guy...nice stuff in there, I just have to clean it all up and figure what i need.

That blue 45 is too cool for skool! I'd love to build something like that but I just don't see it in the cards at this time. I think I am just going to keep the springer and the rest is going.

Comment

• jason43
            • Aug 2009

You'll get quite a bit of money for those hubs and brake parts on ebay. I just sold one of the front brake covers for $200 by itself.

Comment

• jason43
              • Aug 2009

Ok, so my car died and I have to list the Flatty, so if your interested in getting into one of these, here it is, No reserve...

Click Here

Comment

• revmike
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jason43
                Ok, so my car died and I have to list the Flatty, so if your interested in getting into one of these, here it is, No reserve...

Click Here
                When someone buys Jason's frame, I have a sweet bone stock 1937 WL frame to go with it.... pm me if you want pix or info....

Comment

• revmike
                  • Nov 2009

Maybe we can get enough guys with 45 parts to put together a whole bike for someone

Comment

• gravelveins
                    • Aug 2009

sucky to hear you're having to sell the flathead...
                    bummed for you dude.

Comment

• jason43
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by gravelveins
                      sucky to hear you're having to sell the flathead...
                      bummed for you dude.
                      Yeah, its a drag, especially after putting about $500 into the motor, but it has to be done, hopefully I can raise enough to get a cool old car that runs well. Bonus being that I would have something to do with the kiddos this summer when I'm not riding.

I have a frame, tanks, and lots of other stuff to go too, if you need odds and ends for a 45, hit me up. I'll get some pics up of the loads of other stuff. The frame, magneto, and tanks will go on egay because I need the money, but the misc stuff I'll probably post on here in a big pic and take offers on it so I don't have to go through the time/expense of listing it all.

Comment

• jason43
                        • Aug 2009

So apparently egay took issue with the word 'title' and yanked the auction. For those interested, its here

Click click

I changed the wording to 'DMV issued engine paperwork' and accompanying pic of said paperwork. Lets see if that gets under the radar.

No reserve, starting at a penny, can't beat that so bid away...

Comment

• vonpetrol
                          • Mar 2010

That really is a sweet looking motor and I wish I had time and money for it. After much internal debate, I am going to split up my find. I think I might hang onto the springer as long as I can. I've had others confirm what ya'll have said that it is a big twin springer, which to me is even cooler because I'd much rather have a knuckle one day.

I really hate it lately but I find myself needing cash much more often than I like...this economy is freakin' killing me and have not had solid work in 9 months. Oh well, as this old Italian lawyer once told me when I was a youngster, "keepa your head up an' remembuh, sempre avanti". I didn't know what that meant until I asked a high school teacher who told me it means "ever forward". What a great philospohy and to this day I've tried to live my life that way...

...and in that spirit, the old bike parts go, the cash comes and I keep my head up and moving forward.

Comment

• jason43
                            • Aug 2009

Selling parts also allows you to buy... more parts, lol. Most of the stuff I get either goes back out for sale after a while or on to friends bikes rather than my own.

That springer was definately a sweet score, and the frame is cool too if you want to build a custom 45, it looks like they did a good solid job with the backbone so you shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;