Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpe
    • Feb 2010

cb750 handlebars

i'm trying to build some bars and i want to put on 1" bars but they won't fit the top tree or clamps because there 7/8... Is there any adapter that would go from 7/8 to 1"? Maybe a small riser? I've looked all over and can't find much.
  • born2boogie
    • Apr 2024

Just get some 1" risers, man. The Biltwell ones aren't terribly expensive, n they're nice. Look on eBay for some old randoms. Lots of different kinds and styles.

Comment

• MIKE47
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by born2boogie
      Just get some 1" risers, man. The Biltwell ones aren't terribly expensive, n they're nice. Look on eBay for some old randoms. Lots of different kinds and styles.
      The cb750 has the bar clamps cast into the top tree. For that reason I usually just make the bars I want in 7/8. I also like that I can use the Jap levers and not have cable end issues. But they can probably be bored to take 1" bars . Never tried that myself but I don't see why I couldn't do it in the milling machine. Drop me an email if that sounds interesting to you. [email protected].

Comment

• born2boogie
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by MIKE47
        The cb750 has the bar clamps cast into the top tree. For that reason I usually just make the bars I want in 7/8. I also like that I can use the Jap levers and not have cable end issues. But they can probably be bored to take 1" bars . Never tried that myself but I don't see why I couldn't do it in the milling machine. Drop me an email if that sounds interesting to you. [email protected].
        Learn something new everyday. Ha.

Comment

• MIKE47
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by born2boogie
          Learn something new everyday. Ha.
          Me too.

I was thinking if you wanted to use dogbone risers at the outsides of the clamps I could turn a piece of heavy wall 1" tubing down to 7/8 where the clamps are and you'd have the ends 1". You could put dogbones on those ends. Kinda like a springer top clamp. Of course that would raise the bars more.

Did you happen to look around to see if anyone makes a different top clamp that would take risers?

Comment

• Brandon
            • Aug 2009

I saw a pair of dog bone floating around on the web that were 7/8 on one end and 1" on the other. Some gray beard said they used to make them back in the day.

Comment

• alpe
              • Feb 2010

Sweet thanks for all the info fellas.

Comment

• constriktor
                • Aug 2009

you can directly swap out the cb750 top tree clamp (SOHC anyway, not sure of your year) with a '71-74 cb450 one which has the removable risers. then you could run 1" compatible risers.

n

Comment

• bigdaddy
                  • Nov 2009

i think i've got an older kz650 top tree with removable risers. if it fits, and i can find it, you can have it for free! let me see what i can find.

Comment

• revmike
                    • Nov 2009

my 750 had a weird riser, really a spacer, bolted into the trees to lift the drag bar over the tank and stuff. I dont see why someone couldn't do the same thing but end up with 1" Sounds like a cool project for the home foundry, cast your own extensions.

~Rev Mike

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;