Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobscogin
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ctluba
    After a few weeks I tried to ride my hot rod like it in fact was a GSXR. It didnt work out very well.
    []
    I'm amazed that you had to build and ride that thing to discover what should have been obvious from the bikes inception.

Bob

Comment

• MotorLeaguer
      • Jan 2013

haha this thing is hilarious, I dont hate it at all, at least its way cooler than it was...

one thing you should definitly do is throw some rear controls on it and maybe some clip on bars. It will look like your humping a rocket.

Fuck the haters.

Comment

• rooster52478
        • Aug 2010

I dont think you can be much more of a "chopper" than this machine. I post it up on a forum called "Chop Cult" and I figured it would fit right in!!!!!!!

That is weird. The dudes at the Harely forum, who ya figure would hate it, friggin love it. The dudes at the chop forum, who ya figure would love it, hate it.

Oh well, thanx for the welcomes. I love the reactions to my little piggy!!!

The guys on the Harley forums also think bolting on every kind of chrome skull and eagle do dad they can find is cool too.

I like it better with the stock swing arm for what it's worth. The other thing is just too long and weird looking.

Comment

• ctluba
          • Apr 2013

Holy snikees, I saw a couple of positive and a couple of neutral responses in there!!!!!!

Its all good. As someone said, I posted it, must be lookin for feadback. So feedback away. As long as it has two wheels, I like talkin, lookin and learnin. I have only been cruisin the site for a few days. Most bikes are not my style, but hey, I aint ridin it. I have a seen a ton of cool ones also.

I added the site to my favorites list, so I will be cruisin around. I will post any changes to the bike to give all you dudes material to be grumpy about!!! I was plannin on a v-rod headlight, maybe tweek the seat and clean up the wiring / ignition set up. We'll see.

Last edited by ctluba; 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• ctluba
            • Apr 2013

It even drives, believe it or not!!!

Monster Softail - YouTube

The crazy farmer look.

Before the opppsssssssssss!!!

Dont make fun of my 1989 vintage korean leather jacket either!!! It has vintage road rash and dyed sleeves. I even dyed the flag since the video was made. The tailor only whacked me 45 bucks to patch up the holes.

Yeeeee Haaaa!!!

Nicccccceeeeee!!

My favorite bucket too!!!

There is a lot of material in this post (buddy wieser!!!) I will brace myself for the responses tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by ctluba; 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• ctluba
              • Apr 2013

I forgot to mention that I trimmed a couple of inches off the headlight brakets and sucked it into the forks. Looks way better IMHO.

Last edited by ctluba; 04-16-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                • Mar 2011

Ya know man......even tho I cant stand your bike......

I love your attitude! You're doing what you want and dont care what folks think.
                FTW. You got it going on.

Comment

• chief
                  • Nov 2010

i like the engeniring part of the bike, and your attitude.

i think it can be a kick ass bike, but for now the lines are to much distorted.
                  the rear looks to long and the line of the backbone doesn't "flow" through in the rear.

things i would change are the seat, put it a little more backwards, or better: another seat little longer and narrower and still further to the back.
                  i'm not sure about the king sportster tank.. something longer and with less height would make the lines flow more. (70's cb or xs like tank)
                  lift the rear a bit, the forks have a very nice look and line, but for theese lines to fit with the bike the rear fork has to be less horizontal. it would lift the whole bike's rear end go up though.. but it can give it a more aggresive stance with the bike leaning forward a little..
                  ditch the exhaust and give it a nice 2-1 for better performance and looks.
                  put mid or rear controls on it.

you are defenatly on a good track.. just ditch the "bobber" idea and think a bit more "tracker" and you will be golden!

don't lose your "it's my bike, i love it and don't care what you think" attitude! going outside the mainstream is what made the better builders known!

Comment

• SinisterSon
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Saltytonk
                    Ya know man......even tho I cant stand your bike......

I love your attitude! You're doing what you want and dont care what folks think.
                    FTW. You got it going on.
                    I agree with this...

I also think your bike looks pretty damn cool with you sitting on it. I really don't hate it. It's stretched out, low, chunky, and over all, I think it's ok. You'll never please everyone, so you might as well focus on pleasing yourself. Keep up the good attitude, and keeping "doing you".

Comment

• ctluba
                      • Apr 2013

Finally some sun today and warm too!!!

I hear ya about the lines of the rear end. You have to look at it this way. I had an idea that was a complete gamble. I was pullin apart a perfectly good bike and spending some decent cash on a bunch of parts that I had no idea if I would be able to use. So I had a bit of stress thinkin I may destroy this bike and have a pile of expensive parts and no bike to ride!!!! As the project progressed, it wasnt coming together very smoothly, especailly the chain line / primary issue.

So anyway, just the fact that I got this bike together and it runs and drives straight is a complete win for me. When you take such a gamble the number one goal is getting it together and rideable!!. I had an idea how it would look as far as lines and asthetics, but that was completely a secondary consideration. I love the fact that it is long and low and has a "bull doggy" muscular profile. After the ton of work I did I am not changing anything. It is time to ride for this year. Maybe tweek some details etc, but the bike is basically done. Will it win a beauty contest????? No. Is it about 250lbs less weight than a stocker and haul ass??? Yep!!! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa.

Also, the look of the lines sorta depends on the angle ya look at. In this veiw the lines of the tank, back bone, seat and the top rail of the swinger sorta line up and slant down together.....sorta. LOL. Anyway, I am not gonna spend time trying to argue the asthetics of this monster. It is pretty crazy and I am just psyched that I dont have a pile of parts that I never got to work!!

Last edited by ctluba; 04-16-2013, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• elmiguel13
                        • Mar 2010

I dig it! Id build a huge motor for it and take it to the drags. Looks like its made to haul ass in a straight line! Good on you for building/riding what you want.

Comment

• mrcoffee
                          • Aug 2011

I think it has potential. It's not done, right? Not sure the open primary is cohesive with the sport -style suspension.

Digging the GT550 - my first bike was a beat up old GT550 that my buddies & I thrashed until it died. Couldn't find parts back then so I let it go, but have always wanted to get another one.

-m

Comment

• ctluba
                            • Apr 2013

Its done dude!!!

With all this talk about the lines and athstetics, I almost forgot to mention the fail safe test I perform on all my builds.

I brought my 8 yr old and 10 yr daughters out into the garage and asked "How do you like dads motorcycle?". Without pause they both said "its ugly. It was more pretty when you brought it home". BINGO.......Test passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Revelator
                              • Aug 2009

SofTails Rule

Comment

• junkyardxl
                                • Mar 2012

Its done dude!!!

With all this talk about the lines and athstetics, I almost forgot to mention the fail safe test I perform on all my builds.

I brought my 8 yr old and 10 yr daughters out into the garage and asked "How do you like dads motorcycle?". Without pause they both said "its ugly. It was more pretty when you brought it home". BINGO.......Test passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                That's funny i do the same thing with my old lady

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;