Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LetsGetWeird
    • Apr 2013

Anyone using these battery boxes??

Im not one to buy stuff for my bike on ebay but this stuff looks pretty legit. Id rather spend the day building my own battery box than buying some junk from China. It looks like its made from some pretty heavy gauge stuff but I wonder if you can actually bend it by hand like they claim. Any of you guys have any experience with these battery boxes? Thanks in advance

Belt-

Clamp-
  • Gnarly
    • Jul 2012

Looks pretty heavy, maybe 3/16ths. The reason its easy to bend is because the slits that are cut there you bend. After you weld up the slits it would be nice and sturdy.

Comment

• LetsGetWeird
      • Apr 2013

Yeah I saw that, I just wasn't sure if those "reliefs" were enough to allow me to bend it by hand but Im sure i could figure something out. Im probably just gonna go ahead and bite the bullet. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the immediate response.

Comment

• JamesM
        • Jul 2012

If you would rather make one yourself, then do it. $45 is a lot of money for a sheet of metal. And if you have sheet, go ahead and make those slits and you'll see you can bend it easily by hand.

Or go buy some sheet for cheap and get at it. You should able to make that up with nothing more than an angle grinder with a cut off wheel on it in under an hour. Weld some bungs or tabs on for your strap and you're good to go.

Comment

• drumballer
          • Jun 2010

It's 11 ga Hot Rolled Pickled and Oiled so basically 1/8" and you could easily bend it. Looks like cut on a laser with oxygen for assist gas....I'm a geek like that The idea is great and totally killer for a garage builder and would be easy to weld and give you great results. I would say go for it!
          Last edited by drumballer; 04-03-2013, 2:51 PM. Reason: leaving stuff out

Comment

• PittZero
            • May 2012

You live right by the company that makes them if you really want one im sure you could pick one up cheaper by picking it up.

Comment

• LetsGetWeird
              • Apr 2013

I already ordered it. Oh well. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I should be getting it in this week. Love the technical break down of how its cut ha ha thanks man!

Comment

• LetsGetWeird
                • Apr 2013

I've been really busy so I haven't had time to post any pics but I received the battery box kit last week. Looks like good shit. I read the directions and it seems like a pretty straight forward install. I'll update after this weekend when I have some time to tackle the project.
                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;