Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murraydo15
    • Mar 2013

Im new as well so i don't know the answer for that. I will say a lot advise to go over to gsr resources but that place is out for the bare minimal question. They don't have diy tutorial, i don't know why considering they are based on the gs....it seems to be a lot on the slant bikes over there.

Comment

• bparsel
      • Jul 2011

Dude, your posts hurt my head, punctuation and grammar go a long ways in trying to get your thoughts across. But At least youre trying so Ill give you a small amount of credit.

Youve got an easy start there. Get it running right first. Then a paint job, drop the front forks and repaint or shave and polish, ditch the front fender, add some fork gators, change up the bars (Friscos or keystones would look good) and instruments etc and you'll have a nice start.

You're not going to be able to drop the rear much lower than it is with suspension. You'll need to go hardtail, which is difficult to do with a shaftie. And to your earlier question, converting a shaft to a chain drive isnt really feasible.

Where you at in RH? There are a couple of us in the area.

Also, there is a Giant Swap meet in Novi this Sunday if youre trying to scrounge parts.

They also have smaller ones pretty regularly at The Gibralter Trade Center in Mt Clemens.
      Last edited by bparsel; 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• murraydo15
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by bparsel
        Dude, your posts hurt my head, punctuation and grammar go a long ways in trying to get your thoughts across. But At least youre trying so Ill give you a small amount of credit.

Youve got an easy start there. Get it running right first. Then a paint job, drop the front forks and repaint or shave and polish, ditch the front fender, add some fork gators, change up the bars (Friscos or keystones would look good) and instruments etc and you'll have a nice start.

You're not going to be able to drop the rear much lower than it is with suspension. You'll need to go hardtail, which is difficult to do with a shaftie. And to your earlier question, converting a shaft to a chain drive isnt really feasible.

Where you at in RH? There are a couple of us in the area.

Also, there is a Giant Swap meet in Novi this Sunday if youre trying to scrounge parts.

They also have smaller ones pretty regularly at The Gibralter Trade Center in Mt Clemens.
        Hmm sorry my typing is still horrible. Im doing everything through my phone. I sold my laptop so i would have a motorcycle this summer.

And i don't want to hardtail the bike like crazy so im kind of over that look because of it being a shaft drive.

Im located in the Rochester hills area on Rochester rd after hailing rd. And that's as far as ill go with that.

And how long is that swap sale going for Sunday?

Comment

• murraydo15
          • Mar 2013

Welp painted everything black. Just saving up for the exhaust at the moment. The last picture is the green i used to paint the tank because i didn't want all black. I advise not to use that color, it looked like neon yellow it was terrible.
          Attached Files

Comment

• YamahaScott
            • Apr 2013

The finish on the tank looks great !

Comment

• murraydo15
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YamahaScott
              The finish on the tank looks great !
              Thanks im pretty happy with it. Its that textured paint that you use in the trunk of a truck. It should bedDifervent that's for sure.

Comment

• murraydo15
                • Mar 2013

So i just found out i can do an Harley front forks and the work woot woot. Im going to have a custom triple tree made for the bike after i get it running properly. It will look so much better then now.

Comment

• Kraz1
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by murraydo15
                  They don't have diy tutorial, i don't know why considering they are based on the gs....it seems to be a lot on the slant bikes over there.
                  When you introduce yourself over at TheGSResources, there is a very pleasant fellow that gives all new comers who introduce themselves a Cheerful Welcome.

With that welcome comes a couple of links to DIY Instructionals/Service Manuals to do all your basic maintenance and clear up the known, and common, GS problems first, before you start talking Crazy Brat/Bobber/Digger/Dragbike/Hodaka Combat Wombat blah blah blah.

Read this before you write TheGSR off. CLICK -------> BassCliff's Tips

Comment

• YamahaScott
                    • Apr 2013

Thank ya !

Oh.my... you just dropped a bomb with that link
                    thanks !

Originally posted by Kraz1
                    When you introduce yourself over at TheGSResources, there is a very pleasant fellow that gives all new comers who introduce themselves a Cheerful Welcome.

With that welcome comes a couple of links to DIY Instructionals/Service Manuals to do all your basic maintenance and clear up the known, and common, GS problems first, before you start talking Crazy Brat/Bobber/Digger/Dragbike/Hodaka Combat Wombat blah blah blah.

Read this before you write TheGSR off. CLICK -------> BassCliff's Tips

Comment

• murraydo15
                      • Mar 2013

Hmm the more i look at wiring diagrams i believe i can do a mod out front of Harley Davidson with the controls just more work. So at the moment im getting estimate of how much it will cost to get a custom triple tree made zoo i can run Harley Davidson front forks, wheel and brakes. Once i have that then the fun adventure of figuring out the wiring process

Comment

• YamahaScott
                        • Apr 2013

Over the next few weeks I will be trying to simplify that wiring diagram. I dont need the neutral light etc
                        Since I have a Suzuki GR 650 I'm hoping one of hose GS diagrams can be used. I'm sure they were made similar.

I sanded my front forks yesterday, ready for prime and paint. I found a serial # (marking) on them so I will do a search to see if they are infact Suzuki GS forks

- Scott

Comment

• zenxistence
                          • Jan 2013

Over the next few weeks I will be trying to simplify that wiring diagram. I dont need the neutral light etc
                          Since I have a Suzuki GR 650 I'm hoping one of hose GS diagrams can be used. I'm sure they were made similar.

I sanded my front forks yesterday, ready for prime and paint. I found a serial # (marking) on them so I will do a search to see if they are infact Suzuki GS forks

- Scott
                          Scott, if you get a nice, simplified diagram down, mind sharing it? My harness is in pretty sad shape and I'd love to make a new one.

Comment

• murraydo15
                            • Mar 2013

- Scott
                            If you do simplfy this wiring diagram before me certainly post because the more i stare at the manual one the more i get confused...lol

Hope they are original forks if that is your goal

Comment

• murraydo15
                              • Mar 2013

Here is a wiring diagram of my understanding of it so far. But i still don't know where everything connects to by the battery
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Jetblack
                                • Apr 2024

I ran across this diagram, that might be of help to you guys it's not great quality but it should help.

Found here: http://www.thechopperunderground.com...howtopic=55186

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;