• Show
Clear All
  • Kraz1
    • Oct 2012

Attached Files

Comment

• YamahaScott
      • Apr 2013

Thanks JetBlack, that's one of the simplest ones I've seen so far.

...out of interest.... I found this pic on instagram of a gs shaft hard-tail.
      I haven't actually seen one before: http://instagram.com/p/YlMPZ8Ak5i/

Comment

• murraydo15
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YamahaScott

There are a whole bunch that are hardtailed on this site. I don't like the look of any of them to be honest. I don't think it works with shafts. Im just going to get a nice looking suspension kit for mine

Comment

• YamahaScott
          • Apr 2013

Harley Front End

Originally posted by murraydo15
          Hmm the more i look at wiring diagrams i believe i can do a mod out front of Harley Davidson with the controls just more work. So at the moment im getting estimate of how much it will cost to get a custom triple tree made zoo i can run Harley Davidson front forks, wheel and brakes. Once i have that then the fun adventure of figuring out the wiring process
          Would you mind sharing the details of what Harley front end fits on a GS frame? (years?)
          I would be really interested in doing this since I could then use all those handlebars designed for Harley triples, and replace my forks.

Here is the state of my mods so far:

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by YamahaScott

No worries wish it was a better quality wire diagram photo for you guys.

Maybe if the swing part was frozen and some gussets that'd be a good option, but otherwise the forces as it sits above puts all the upward and downward stress right on the rear mount points and welds one or the other will fail at some point it's not a if but a when. Doesn't look safe to me at all the way it currently sits.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• PeanutHead
              • Nov 2011

Don't think anyone ever answered your question about switching from a shaft to chain drive but no you can't.

Comment

• Marshman
                • May 2019

I have no idea were to post a question here. I need a detailed wire diagram for my 81 suzuki gs 850 I'm starting from scratch I built this bike from bare frame everything but comes to electricle I'm lost. I have all led and digital tach /speedo. Bought a shindagen 821aa regulator need help.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Marshman
                  I have no idea were to post a question here. I need a detailed wire diagram for my 81 suzuki gs 850 I'm starting from scratch I built this bike from bare frame everything but comes to electricle I'm lost. I have all led and digital tach /speedo. Bought a shindagen 821aa regulator need help.
                  You might find something in this collection of informational resources here:

BikeCliff (a.k.a. BassCliff) owns a 1980 Suzuki GS850GT. This is a collection of maintenance pictorials that he is creating and collecting as he learns how to wrench on this vintage Universal Japanese Motorcycle.
                  Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)

and here:

the new "The GSResources" website!!!
                  The definitive website for Suzuki GS motorcycles
                  24 years old and counting...

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

Get a service manual for your bike. It has stock schematics. Study wiring. Study how the electrical systems in your machine (charging, ignition) work. READ. Knowledge is power. Study wiring threads in these forums so you know what supplies and crimpers/strippers/etc to buy. Wiring isn't expensive and information is free.

Practice soldering on scrap wire. (Liquid flux is your friend.) Don't use the absurd bulky splices and lugs from the auto store. Bare connectors (crimped or soldered, either works when performed correctly) and heat shrink tubing are the way to go. Learn wiring correctly the first time and it pays off for life.

Comment

• hillcat
                      • Mar 2015

Soldering is easy. The hard part is remembering to slip on a piece of shrinkwrap tube, first. haha!
                      Here is a helpful little piece that's makes the soldering easier by holding your wires together. Not sure but I think Snap-on sells something like it now.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;