Let's See Some: Chopped wiring diagrams!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetblack
    • Mar 2024

Let's See Some: Chopped wiring diagrams!

Here is the wiring diagram thread; more to come as I find them...but this is a start. Feel free to add your own...please make sure it is one different than one already posted; and please attach it as a thumbnail because some are way too large as a regular picture thanks!

To attach a thumbnail picture: find the image, right click it, select copy image url, go to post click the paper clip icon, right click in the url field below the upload field and select paste, click upload, close the window, click the paper clip again and select insert...done. Preview the post to make sure it embedded, finish post up then reply...easy peasy fast and greasy.

For Gauges, materials, wiring without a diagram etc. here is a nice write up on wiring: http://www.bikeexif.com/motorcycle-wiring

CB's

GN400

XJ

CB 750, 900, 1100

XS650

Electronic 6 wire:

Electronic 7 wire:

PMA & Hall Ignition
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2014, 6:59 AM.
  • ManOfSteel
    • Mar 2013

Anyone have a simplified wiring diagram for an 81 CM400 honda? First bike, a lot of the ones on the internet are too complicated for me right now haha.

Comment

• PeanutHead
      • Nov 2011

Here's one for an 82 KZ 440 A3 & D4 models.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dpontherocks
        • Apr 2012

XS650 with a HHB PMA and Pamco. Pretty popular setup so i thought i'd share.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• 79DeathMachine
          • Jul 2011

Anyone have or know if one of the above diagrams will work for a 79 kz 750? My stock harness is fubar and thats one of my last things to do.

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Mar 2024

Originally posted by 79DeathMachine
            Anyone have or know if one of the above diagrams will work for a 79 kz 750? My stock harness is fubar and thats one of my last things to do.
            Here's one I found for the KZ750

Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Jetblack
              • Mar 2024

Here are a couple of universals, that can be used:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom_Motorcycle_Wiring_Diagram_by_Evan_Fell.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1264495

Click image for larger version

Name:	mutantwiringjpg.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1264496

For these all you need to do is label what is what with masking tape on each wire then hook them to where they go wire colors do not really matter when making these things up. What matters is the end point to end point connections... such as the coil will not hook directly to a tail light, but a tail light needs to connect to the rear brake switch and ground. Simple logic yeah?

So looking at ANY diagram you'll notice, that the components do not really change much... so if you think of them as dots and wires the lines connecting them then that's all you really do... connect the dots.

The main point is knowing what is what on the components involved...using a stock diagram look at the component where does the color go? Find that wire on your bike and make a masking tape label and write it on there. If it goes to a component you don't want on the bike, then look to see if it leaves what you want going into something you do want... this is what you label that wire going to.

Doing this step by step leaves you with a minimal diagram, leaving only what you need and want behind.

The easiest way to think of a wiring is to visualize a simple loop like a rubber band; one half of the rubber band red, and one half of it black this is a circuit. Half of this circuit is positive (red) the other half negative (black)

Those are the base two wires in every motorcycle circuit. Now snip the loop where Red and Black meet on one side, now attach the power source...battery, cap, generator, wind mill, solar panel, whatever.

Now every component positive wire connects on the red side or extended to get there, the same goes for the component negatives for the black...the last part of the loop where the red and black meet? They stay connected.

Complete. Now ready for it to get easier?

Picture the bike frame is the black wire.

The above does not mean I won't be adding more diagrams, or drawing any up... but if you can grasp the above concepts... then you won't be sitting on your thumbs waiting or endlessly hunting down a solution

Comment

• eric123
                • Feb 2010

Cool...The diagram I created for the GN400 years ago is still floating around...

Comment

• Jetblack
                  • Mar 2024

Cm400

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• shitsnack
                    • Sep 2012

GS450 by mlc216

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:47 AM. Reason: change image to thumbnail

Comment

• Hollycycles12
                      • Apr 2013

wiring diagram

i just recently started building my first bike and still have a lot to learn. im working on a 1975 cb500t vertical twin not inline four..... i was wanting to by pass the battery kill the electric start and only have the kick start but i need a wiring diagram is there anyone that has a diagram or could maybe draw one up and post it to my page?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Jetblack
                        • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Hollycycles12
                        i just recently started building my first bike and still have a lot to learn. im working on a 1975 cb500t vertical twin not inline four..... i was wanting to by pass the battery kill the electric start and only have the kick start but i need a wiring diagram is there anyone that has a diagram or could maybe draw one up and post it to my page?

thanks in advance
                        Don't know where your page is plus other people may want one so here is good enough.

CB500t

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Jetblack
                          • Mar 2024

Here's a simple universal for Honda singles and twins:

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• dazed84
                            • Mar 2024

One thought , wink, wink,nudge, nudge ,,,jet black , try to convince the American section, to do this sorta thing, for all,,stuff like this keeps me on this web site ,no matter what guy jizzes his drawers at night ,,,or which guy wants to argue over stupid crap,,,, we all are here to learn , ^5s to you sir popping a top to you ,sometime when the Wilmington scene is happening again.. will roll down to see you guy

Comment

• Jetblack
                              • Mar 2024

Originally posted by dazed84
                              One thought , wink, wink,nudge, nudge ,,,jet black , try to convince the American section, to do this sorta thing, for all,,stuff like this keeps me on this web site ,no matter what guy jizzes his drawers at night ,,,or which guy wants to argue over stupid crap,,,, we all are here to learn , ^5s to you sir popping a top to you ,sometime when the Wilmington scene is happening again.. will roll down to see you guy
                              Mods sorta have the reigns on what they wanna do with their dedicated sections for keeping things fun, happy, and helpful. I really don't wanna go suggesting things to other mods what to do or not do in their sections...

So the best I have for you from this corner of CC is to suggest searching in the right hand search box... "simplified" is usually the best key word to use for diagrams. When pulling up diagrams for this sticky, I did see a good amount of American and Brit diagrams in the results, so there are some here on the 33 I promise.

If an event goes down in Wilmington and we both happen to be there... I'm happy to share a beer with a 33 brother, when sober responsibility isn't required soon after.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...