CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post
    Here are a couple of universals, that can be used:

Attachment 37866

Attachment 37867

For these all you need to do is label what is what with masking tape on each wire then hook them to where they go wire colors do not really matter when making these things up. What matters is the end point to end point connections... such as the coil will not hook directly to a tail light, but a tail light needs to connect to the rear brake switch and ground. Simple logic yeah?

So looking at ANY diagram you'll notice, that the components do not really change much... so if you think of them as dots and wires the lines connecting them then that's all you really do... connect the dots.

The main point is knowing what is what on the components involved...using a stock diagram look at the component where does the color go? Find that wire on your bike and make a masking tape label and write it on there. If it goes to a component you don't want on the bike, then look to see if it leaves what you want going into something you do want... this is what you label that wire going to.

Doing this step by step leaves you with a minimal diagram, leaving only what you need and want behind.

The easiest way to think of a wiring is to visualize a simple loop like a rubber band; one half of the rubber band red, and one half of it black this is a circuit. Half of this circuit is positive (red) the other half negative (black)

Those are the base two wires in every motorcycle circuit. Now snip the loop where Red and Black meet on one side, now attach the power source...battery, cap, generator, wind mill, solar panel, whatever.

Now every component positive wire connects on the red side or extended to get there, the same goes for the component negatives for the black...the last part of the loop where the red and black meet? They stay connected.

Complete. Now ready for it to get easier?

Picture the bike frame is the black wire.

The above does not mean I won't be adding more diagrams, or drawing any up... but if you can grasp the above concepts... then you won't be sitting on your thumbs waiting or endlessly hunting down a solution
    Man thats rad wisdom you just threw down there brutha! So simple yet makes it so much clearer thanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

Don't know if anyone needs this, I drew this up a while back while building my kz. This will also work on more then one bike. Its pretty simple. Hope this helps someone.

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by matttatts View Post
    Man thats rad wisdom you just threw down there brutha! So simple yet makes it so much clearer thanks!
    Thank you sir, I hope it made wiring things up a lot clearer for you.

For those of you wanting a simple EN450 or EN500 diagram here ya go it can get a little simpler nixing the blinkers/turn signal unit... bare bones as possible yet remains legal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kawasakiwire original part 2.jpg   Kawasakiwire1.jpg   Kawasakiwire2-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Jetblack; 06-17-2014 at 8:07 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

any wiring diagram simple, very simple for a xv 1100 virago??
    and some for a xv 250 too...
    im rebuilding a xv 1100 but i havent got any wiring at all, its all burned...

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by kustomville View Post
    any wiring diagram simple, very simple for a xv 1100 virago??
    and some for a xv 250 too...
    im rebuilding a xv 1100 but i havent got any wiring at all, its all burned...
    Here ya go... should be fine for both those models, though wire colors may vary a little? If someone wants to double check the logic on this that would be cool; I think it's good to go though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Virago VX Simplified.jpg  
    Last edited by Jetblack; 06-13-2014 at 1:17 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's one for XS650's that's a "cover" all including years and ignitions... kick, electronic etc.

Attachment 40047
    ok so on this diagram what are the doodads that the coils run into and then into a ground? i have a small part i took off the back bone of my bike with two red wires that could be both of those things in one it looks like but i dont wana hook it up that way less im sure so i dont cook it incase i need it for what ever?
    sorry no picture of my part in question as my phone and all my computers fuckin hate me and wont load fack!

any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Jetblack

No worries brother,

Just for clarity are you talking about these things?

Click to enlarge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	These Things.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	41219

If you are:

The other thing's description "attached to the frame" is a bit cryptic, any way you can upload a picture of this thing?
    Last edited by Jetblack; 07-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

No worries brother,

Just for clarity are you talking about these things?

Click to enlarge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	These Things.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	41219

If you are:

The other thing's description "attached to the frame" is a bit cryptic, any way you can upload a picture of this thing?
    no not those i already have them mounted and wired into the gas tank like they are suposed ta.

but seriously no im running the OG coil set up. my bro came over last night and figured it was the points wired in on the orange wire from the coil and grey wire on the second coil then joined in with a capacitor for each. he figured the doodad mounted to the frame was the cap. not sure if thats right but he seemd to know what he was talking about :dunno:

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by matttatts View Post
    no not those i already have them mounted and wired into the gas tank like they are suposed ta.

but seriously no im running the OG coil set up. my bro came over last night and figured it was the points wired in on the orange wire from the coil and grey wire on the second coil then joined in with a capacitor for each. he figured the doodad mounted to the frame was the cap. not sure if thats right but he seemd to know what he was talking about :dunno:
    That sounds about right, sometimes the condenser is mounted on the points plate, and sometimes companies put them on the frame. So that's likely what it is without seeing it, I was going to guess either that or an external resistor for coils.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quite a lot of stuff racks up at my door with a wiring problem. Usually the real problem is that some ass hat has wired it all in red wire...

Trailer cable. Get it by the meter (foot, yard, whatever) from an auto store, available with as many as 13 different colours of wire in it. Buy three meters (three yards, nine feet, one and a half fathoms) of it, and a roll of black and yellow to use for the grounds or "earths" as they're known over here.

If you're looking at factory Jap stuff, it's worth remembering that the grounds will usually be either black with a white tracer, or black with a yellow tracer. If it's a solid black wire, it isn't necessarily a ground. Charging circuits that don't work are quite often the result of putting the black wire from the reg/rec to ground when it's actually the load sensing wire and needs to go to a switched feed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default kz650 or any kz for that matter

I drew this one out when Chopcult was just a baby. If anything confuses you msg me and I can explain. It includes relays that turn that headlight off when you start the bike and a coil relay to insure there's always 12 volts going to the Dyna ignition.

THANKS Jetblack! I finally got home from a 3 month job in PA. Studied this thread last night and spent a few hours wiring my kaw today. Need to tidy everything up but it runs. I'm pretty damned excited as this was my first attempt at wiring a bike.

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by Sa200 View Post
    THANKS Jetblack! I finally got home from a 3 month job in PA. Studied this thread last night and spent a few hours wiring my kaw today. Need to tidy everything up but it runs. I'm pretty damned excited as this was my first attempt at wiring a bike.
    No worries man glad this sticky is coming in handy.

If any one needs a Yamaha XS1100 here ya go

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey Jet Black,

Looks like you are the resident electrical expert. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for a 2009 865cc Bonneville Engine?

I am making a change though, I'm removing the fuel injection and going to either Amal or Keihan carbs. Do you know what the bare minimum of electrics I can get away with and still get the motor running?

Thank you

James

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Hey Jet Black,

Looks like you are the resident electrical expert. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for a 2009 865cc Bonneville Engine?

I am making a change though, I'm removing the fuel injection and going to either Amal or Keihan carbs. Do you know what the bare minimum of electrics I can get away with and still get the motor running?

Thank you

James
    Switching it to a carb setup you'd need a CDI, and probably coil and pickup coil from a carbed model, because they likely carry a different resistance than the EFI models do, so try and find the ohm ratings on both of those to see if they are the same, hopefully they are. The other electronics should be the same between carbed and EFI, and can get trimmed out as you see fit, but the bare minimum needed to run carb models: CDI, coil, and pickup coils.

Expert is being too kind, I know you can speed up, slow down, store, and modulate electricity, how that turns into 1000's of different outcomes is beyond me.
    Last edited by Jetblack; 08-22-2013 at 3:45 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here is one I use for my Honda CB350s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basic---no-key.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 81 kz550 ltd

Bare bones 81 kz550 ltd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kz550_simplified-1.jpg  

TwoLaneFever

xs 650 /550 Honda/rd 350 thought you ricer guys could use these. found em while hunting cycle electrical regulator info ..last two ,honda550 and rd 350 are stock diagrams but from that, you can strip em down,,,cheers guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noid-chopperwiringdiagram.jpg   Honda-CB550-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram.jpg   yamaha-rd350-wiring-diagram.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by WOMPY View Post
    I drew this one out when Chopcult was just a baby. If anything confuses you msg me and I can explain. It includes relays that turn that headlight off when you start the bike and a coil relay to insure there's always 12 volts going to the Dyna ignition.
    This is exactly what I was looking for... Wasn't going to do the noob post asking for it without having looked around. Thanks Wompy!

Get Adobe Flash player

Default A little Help

Ok... I have a 79 KZ650 that I'm going to chop; it's my first. I've been looking around and maybe I'm just too fucktarded to find it but is there a bare bones simplistic diagram anywhere in the forum that shows how to do a straight kicker conversion?
    From what I understand the battery get's replaced with a capacitor and the rest just is simple... but what about the starter? How is the wiring to it eliminated and everything else reintegrated?
    I'm going to be doing the whole rewiring myself and planning ahead to make sure I'm prepared for anything that may happen...

Share This