Let's See Some: Chopped wiring diagrams!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr4Speed
    • Apr 2013

hey guys, looking for a diagram for a 1980 KZ 750 ( 4 cilinder )
    thanks!
    Marcel

Comment

• Jetblack
      • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
      hey guys, looking for a diagram for a 1980 KZ 750 ( 4 cilinder )
      thanks!
      Marcel
      There's already one for the KZ750 on page one

Comment

• FatScumbag27
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jetblack
        Here is the wiring diagram thread; more to come as I find them...but this is a start. Feel free to add your own...please make sure it is one different than one already posted; and please attach it as a thumbnail because some are way too large as a regular picture thanks!

To attach a thumbnail picture: find the image, right click it, select copy image url, go to post click the paper clip icon, right click in the url field below the upload field and select paste, click upload, close the window, click the paper clip again and select insert...done. Preview the post to make sure it embedded, finish post up then reply...easy peasy fast and greasy.

[ATTACH]37565[/ATTACH] CB's

[ATTACH]37568[/ATTACH] GN400

[ATTACH]37569[/ATTACH] XJ

[ATTACH]37570[/ATTACH] CB 750, 900, 1100

[ATTACH]37571[/ATTACH] XS
        if there any diagrams for a 1981 xs650 kickstart? I would rather not run an electric ignition

Comment

• 904Punk
          • Jun 2012

>>>>KZ WIRING DIAGRAMS<<<<<

Yeah, this is plugging another forum but don't give a fuck and doubt JetBlack will as it's less questions for him. Plus this guy deserves all the credit in the world for making countless barebones wiring diagrams for just about ever model as year KZ in existence.

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Mar 2024

Savage Wiring

Nope don't mind at all 904 thanks for the contribution.

Here's a link out for the Savage folks needing some:

SuzukiSavage.com : - Apparel Decals The Elite Technical Performance Parts suzuki, savage, ls650, s40, motorcycle, suzuki savage, ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping
            Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 1:04 AM.

Comment

• PincheCarlito
              • Jun 2013

83 vt750c simplified diagram

im looking for a simplified wiring diagram for an 83 honda shadow vt750c. basicly one without any of the bs thats not needed. thanks in advance

Comment

• Jetblack
                • Mar 2024

Originally posted by PincheCarlito
                im looking for a simplified wiring diagram for an 83 honda shadow vt750c. basicly one without any of the bs thats not needed. thanks in advance
                My advice for this one, since it has diodes and safety lockouts to prevent it from starting, is to identify the ignition starter lockouts connected to the diodes; twist them together and ground them except for the one that enters the ignition unit. Then trim out all the shit you don't want or aren't going to use. Be aware of end to end points before trimming a wire out, as a lot of them change colors or hit a couple other things before it's end point.

Comment

• Staninator
                  • Jun 2013

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an '82 GS650? I've found one for a 550 and 850. I'm right in between...A great cartoony one would be wonders! Thanks bros!

Comment

• Jetblack
                    • Mar 2024

Originally posted by PincheCarlito
                    Actually, the VLX one on page one should work as a good guideline.

Comment

• Jetblack
                      • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Staninator
                      Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an '82 GS650? I've found one for a 550 and 850. I'm right in between...A great cartoony one would be wonders! Thanks bros!
                      What's really different between all the models aside from wire colors or parts they kept or cut out? They should work great as a baseline if the wire color deal throws you off I understand though, its the components that really matter ed to end.

I need to get a dual boot of XP or something running, I have yet to find a Linux drawing program I really like... otherwise I'd just bang these things out myself instead of hunt and hope or refer other options... if searching comes back dry.

Comment

• matttatts
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Jetblack
                        Here are a couple of universals, that can be used:

[ATTACH]37866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37867[/ATTACH]

For these all you need to do is label what is what with masking tape on each wire then hook them to where they go wire colors do not really matter when making these things up. What matters is the end point to end point connections... such as the coil will not hook directly to a tail light, but a tail light needs to connect to the rear brake switch and ground. Simple logic yeah?

So looking at ANY diagram you'll notice, that the components do not really change much... so if you think of them as dots and wires the lines connecting them then that's all you really do... connect the dots.

The main point is knowing what is what on the components involved...using a stock diagram look at the component where does the color go? Find that wire on your bike and make a masking tape label and write it on there. If it goes to a component you don't want on the bike, then look to see if it leaves what you want going into something you do want... this is what you label that wire going to.

Doing this step by step leaves you with a minimal diagram, leaving only what you need and want behind.

The easiest way to think of a wiring is to visualize a simple loop like a rubber band; one half of the rubber band red, and one half of it black this is a circuit. Half of this circuit is positive (red) the other half negative (black)

Those are the base two wires in every motorcycle circuit. Now snip the loop where Red and Black meet on one side, now attach the power source...battery, cap, generator, wind mill, solar panel, whatever.

Now every component positive wire connects on the red side or extended to get there, the same goes for the component negatives for the black...the last part of the loop where the red and black meet? They stay connected.

Complete. Now ready for it to get easier?

Picture the bike frame is the black wire.

The above does not mean I won't be adding more diagrams, or drawing any up... but if you can grasp the above concepts... then you won't be sitting on your thumbs waiting or endlessly hunting down a solution
                        Man thats rad wisdom you just threw down there brutha! So simple yet makes it so much clearer thanks!

Comment

• Ogcoda
                          • Mar 2012

Don't know if anyone needs this, I drew this up a while back while building my kz. This will also work on more then one bike. Its pretty simple. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

• Jetblack
                            • Mar 2024

Originally posted by matttatts
                            Man thats rad wisdom you just threw down there brutha! So simple yet makes it so much clearer thanks!
                            Thank you sir, I hope it made wiring things up a lot clearer for you.

For those of you wanting a simple EN450 or EN500 diagram here ya go it can get a little simpler nixing the blinkers/turn signal unit... bare bones as possible yet remains legal.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2014, 8:07 PM.

Comment

• kustomville
                              • Jul 2010

any wiring diagram simple, very simple for a xv 1100 virago??
                              and some for a xv 250 too...
                              im rebuilding a xv 1100 but i havent got any wiring at all, its all burned...

Comment

• Jetblack
                                • Mar 2024

Originally posted by kustomville
                                any wiring diagram simple, very simple for a xv 1100 virago??
                                and some for a xv 250 too...
                                im rebuilding a xv 1100 but i havent got any wiring at all, its all burned...
                                Here ya go... should be fine for both those models, though wire colors may vary a little? If someone wants to double check the logic on this that would be cool; I think it's good to go though.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 1:17 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;