Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SMChewy
    • Dec 2009

Pinstriper in Denver

Pinstripers, rest assured your job is safe! Got my self some brushes and one-shot, and guess what!?! I SUCK!!!!!!!! Always been pretty handy with paintin, but this is a whole other world. Not goin to throw in the towel just yet (got plenty of paint to practice with, need to try some different brushes), just not going to attempt to stripe my new build. Need to know who you guys suggest, and maybe a pic or website where I can scope out their work. Mainly lettering, but I also have a idea for a cartoon on one spot. Thanks guys.
    Cory
  • ironhead303
    • Feb 2010

yo been praticing for a few year realy a art, here is a guy that does good work speedway grafics out of conifer. met him at swap saw some work realy good, also he sounded preaty reasonable. check him out, don't know if he has a site. shop number 303 670 6863

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
      • Dec 2009

Hell ya, thanks man. Like I said, I can mask, fog, candy all pretty good. Definitely not a pro. But this a whole other world!!! Not that I never appreciated their (pinstripers in general) work, but I have a new found respect for them after yesterday. Bout all I could do is pull a straight line. Ha ha.

Comment

• calicruiser
        • Aug 2009

pinstriping is definitely not an easy thing to do even if you are an art guy! I am one and cannot pull a consistent line to save my life! Of course I also do not have the extra hours to practice practice practice! My guy Steve Havens is down here in the springs. You have seen his work on our lids. TOP NOTCH!!

josh

Comment

• ridemore16
          • Oct 2009

I've been practicing as well for the past year or so. I'm still not ready to stripe on a part or tank, but I love practicing! I just got my tank back from Shawn at Imperial House...killer work! He's so good at lettering, you really should consider sending your stuff to him. Check him out at www.imperialhouse71.com

Comment

• NeoDutch
            • Aug 2009

Goto www.pinheadlounge.com for inspiration.

Comment

• spooner
              • Oct 2009

Also check out: http://www.kustomkulturelounge.com/forum/ . Look at the pinstriping forum. Has a lot of tips for beginners. Keep practicing, there are several good dvds that can help. I really did not get the hang of it until I had been striping for about a year. Until then, I wiped off alot of lines that I was not happy with and started over. It definitely takes a different mindset. Kind of like welding a good bead, after awhile things kind of click. Have fun with it!

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                • Dec 2009

I own some of Steve's work! I was thinking of him Josh. Would it be something I could ride the bike down to him and have him do while I wait? Or would I need to drop him off my tank and fender? Also how would I contact him for a quote. All I want is "Warbringer" written across the 2 military stars on the side of the tank, and "I Support" writen around my brothers division patch I glued to the rear fender. The optional things I wanted were, " 33 Remembers BryanEOD" on the oil tank, and maybe if it's not super expensive, Stewie in BDU's holding Osma's head on the middle towards the bottom of the tank (from the Family guy episode where Stewie stumbles into the Tali Ban's cave, if you've seen it). My brother's platoon is the "Head Hunters" so I figured that would be funny. I know this sounds bad but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to get this thing finished, and the base is just rattle canned anyway. That is why I don't want to invest a ton of money into it, and ship the tins and such. I want to tear it back down next winter, and do a full rebuild. Take out the motor, powder coat the frame and motor cases, get a new tank/fender with some nice paint, and put it all in a new frame. I didn't get the bike till a week before Xmas, and just had to "make the bike mine" if you know what I mean, and fix a bunch of half assed shit from the previous owner. I love Imperial and Blue Moon's work, just no need to go that far on something that is going to get redone. I hate the tank I have (quick bob) anyways, just couldn't afford a new one right now. But who knows if this one will for sure get redone. I know a guy that has a 81 ironhead sittin in his garage that he'll sell me for cheap.

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by spooner
                  Also check out: http://www.kustomkulturelounge.com/forum/ . Look at the pinstriping forum. Has a lot of tips for beginners. Keep practicing, there are several good dvds that can help. I really did not get the hang of it until I had been striping for about a year. Until then, I wiped off alot of lines that I was not happy with and started over. It definitely takes a different mindset. Kind of like welding a good bead, after awhile things kind of click. Have fun with it!

www.bigmikespinstriping.com
                  Thanks man. I will check that out. Wanted to get some of the books and such too, and a few more brushes. I know what you are saying with the welding. I definitely plan to keep practicing.

Comment

• imperialhouse71
                    • Aug 2009

I appreciate the props, Ridemore, and MileHigh. If you ever want to go crazy with it sometime down the road, feel free to give me a shout. late-

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by imperialhouse71
                      I appreciate the props, Ridemore, and MileHigh. If you ever want to go crazy with it sometime down the road, feel free to give me a shout. late-
                      www.imperialhouse71.com
                      I have no idea what pinstriping runs. I sent you a email anyways to see roughly what it would cost. Thanks for chiming in man. Probably wouldn't have asked had you didn't.

Comment

• calicruiser
                        • Aug 2009

to be honest man, if you are gonna redo it anyway, I wouldn't spend the cash on some good striping now. It would probably run you anywhere from $100-200 from what you described. PM me for his number. You could probably ride the bike to him and he could do it up in a couple hours and you could ride it home.

josh

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                          • Dec 2009

I spoke with Shawn at Imperial today. He is definitely working with me on the price. So the plan is to wait and see what my tax return looks like. If I have enough coin to replace the tank with the one I want and get him to stripe it, I'm gonna do that. The thing I like about him is lettering is one of his specialties, and he gets down with it! Plus he is really working with me on doing it all. It'll run about half of what I thought it would to do it all, including the cartoon I wanted, and shipping. If I can't do it, I will hit you up Josh for Steve's number, and just ride it down there one day. So, hopefully I got this all figured out. Thanks for everyone's input!

Comment

• Jethro
                            • Sep 2009

You know, in my ignorance, I posted a question not long ago about how to learn to pinstipe. Some people here did a GREAT job of ref. to other work, links, etc.., but the MORE i look at the work--and I'm a professional artist--the more intimidating it seems. I had a friend who owns a chopper shop--Chris at http://cinncitychoppers.com/ talk to me about what an art form it is, and how it looks so EASY in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing... I just don't know. I haven't given up the dream of doing work on my own bike someday, but I just don't know how it will happen Ha!

Comment

• ridemore16
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
                              I spoke with Shawn at Imperial today. He is definitely working with me on the price. So the plan is to wait and see what my tax return looks like. If I have enough coin to replace the tank with the one I want and get him to stripe it, I'm gonna do that. The thing I like about him is lettering is one of his specialties, and he gets down with it! Plus he is really working with me on doing it all. It'll run about half of what I thought it would to do it all, including the cartoon I wanted, and shipping. If I can't do it, I will hit you up Josh for Steve's number, and just ride it down there one day. So, hopefully I got this all figured out. Thanks for everyone's input!
                              I'm telling you Shawn's work is the shiznit!!! You will be so glad you did it...the work he did on my tank and helmet blew me away!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;