Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rathead
    • Apr 2024

bobber on a budget; coil relocation

SORRY IF THE TITLE IS MISLEADING. THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE TITLE. I wanted to start a thread that possibly shows ways of saving money on a bobber build. I'm broke half the time and drunk the other half so dumping money into my bike isnt an option. To start off I'm show my free coil relocation on my sportster.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Its not gorgeous but it works really well plus i didnt have to relocate my choke. I just removed my horn and shoved the coil in there then rerouted my wires in between the jugs. It was free easy and works. Hopefully some people can shares things they have done so that us poor people can make cool bikes too.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2013, 5:44 PM.
  • andri
    • Mar 2012

Oops, you do realize you just used the B-word

Comment

• rathead
      • Apr 2024

uh oh...this is my first post so I am unfamiliar with the B-word...is editing required?

Comment

• 904Punk
        • Jun 2012

Just expect the thread to instead turn into a "what's bobber really mean" thread...

For me, I rarely ever buy parts for my bikes, I'm usually broke and just generally prefer building things I need rather than buying them. Way I do it is I always just stare at my bikes when I have a cigarette and ideas just randomly hit me. I'm lacking a bit of fab tools at the moment so everything doesn't always turn out as clean as a bought part but there is a sense of accomplishment I get in making things my own.

Comment

• CRFyou
          • Mar 2010

Without retreading over the topic on what's a bobber or not.

The thread title is misleading. It sounds like you've built a bike on the cheap.

One may open this thread and expect to see more than the classic Sportser coil relocation trick.

And you don't really show any substance there. We just see a shitty side pic of the familiar 4 cam powerplant.

Comment

• rathead
            • Apr 2024

well as I mentioned before this is my first post on any forum so I'm getting used to it. Also I did build my bike for cheap however im trying to get used to posting on a forum before I make a substantial post. I made this post for other people to post what they have done for cheap not for me to show my bike. I am very sorry that I couldn't please you with my "shitty side pic". Plenty of other threads for you to enjoy. But i'll change the title so I dont get more people talking shit to a NEW member.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2013, 5:43 PM.

Comment

• CRFyou
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rathead
              well as I mentioned before this is my first post on any forum so I'm getting used to it. Also I did build my bike for cheap however im trying to get used to posting on a forum before I make a substantial post. I made this post for other people to post what they have done for cheap not for me to show my bike. I am very sorry that I couldn't please you with my "shitty side pic". Plenty of other threads for you to enjoy. But i'll change the title so I dont get more people talking shit to a NEW member.
              If you're going to do anything, it's worth doing right.

A couple more photos of your process will lead to a better thread. Or if you're tentative about starting threads because you're a new member, you can also search this forum, find one of the many existing threads that show people relocating their coil and post in there.

I'll change your thread title for you.

Comment

• xllance
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by CRFyou
                Without retreading over the topic on what's a bobber or not.

The thread title is misleading. It sounds like you've built a bike on the cheap.

One may open this thread and expect to see more than the classic Sportser coil relocation trick.

And you don't really show any substance there. We just see a shitty side pic of the familiar 4 cam powerplant.
                I don't know what the original thread title was but what's wrong with the pic he posted ? I've seen the coil relocated there countless times but never with the horn cover like that.

Comment

• Incrediblah
                  • Aug 2010

We need the ability to move threads like this to xlforum. This site really needs a sportster only section. It's all going to shit!!!! Where will we all go from here?!?!

Comment

• xllance
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Incrediblah
                    We need the ability to move threads like this to xlforum. This site really needs a sportster only section. It's all going to shit!!!! Where will we all go from here?!?!
                    No they're all going to the "Ultimate Sportster Question Thread" which is turning into a jumbled up mess that's difficult to follow.

Comment

• dakota
                      • Nov 2011

Plenty of other threads for you to enjoy. But i'll change the title so I dont get more people talking shit to a NEW member.
                      Tears.

Comment

• Incrediblah
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by xllance
                        No they're all going to the "Ultimate Sportster Question Thread" which is turning into a jumbled up mess that's difficult to follow.
                        All joking aside, what are the odds of this place getting a sportster specific forum? That one thread is great for keeping some of the rehashed silly shit from being posted 200 times, but like you said it's getting really jumbled up.

Comment

• rathead
                          • Apr 2024

This thread wasn't intended for sportsters it's intended for any cheap mods you do to your bikes. It just so happens my bike is a sportster. I've looked up and down for a list of cheap mods and come up with nothing so I tried starting one and failed apparently. I'm learning dammit.

Comment

• Incrediblah
                            • Aug 2010

When you were looking up and down, did you bother to look anywhere on this forum? This place is full of the raddest shit you'll ever see, but it's getting lost in a sea of new members posting the same old coil relocation, or "what should i do to my bike now?" threads. It's fine that you have a sportster, and it's awesome that you're trying to learn. Just take some time to look dude, this place is FULL of ideas.

Comment

• rathead
                              • Apr 2024

My fucking bad dude. I was TRYING to start ONE THREAD with multiple mods. DIDNT WORK.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;