Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 904Punk
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by rathead
    My fucking bad dude. I was TRYING to start ONE THREAD with multiple mods. DIDNT WORK.
    Don't worry dude, I got what you were going for you. This is my first forum too and my first thread got derailed and locked lol. Just grow some thick skin, stick around and realize it's just the way it goes on the interwebz some times.

Comment

• rathead
      • Mar 2024

Trial and error haha I was going for something but it didn't work obviously. If I could figure out how to work this thing I'd try to fix it but I'm not a computer guy lol oh well. Ill just let them complain a little more.

Comment

• 904Punk
        • Jun 2012

Horn? People actually keep their horns?

Comment

• Evidence
          • Sep 2012

I agree that the bobber thing is getting annoying as fuck. Get on CL and every moron with a set of ape hangers is advertising his bike as a "bad ass bobber"...HOWEVER, if you log onto CC the description at the top of the web page says "Chop Cult - bobber, chopper, choppers, Harley, Harley Davidson..."

Everyone here knows that every squid on a motorcycle thinks something with an aftermarket seat is automatically a "bobber," so why not change that description? It may help in curbing some of these posts if the first thing you saw when you opened this site was something more like "Chop Cult - hand built shit and unicorns, if you can't install bars by yourself without asking questions then please fuck off"

Comment

• rathead
            • Mar 2024

What's knurling? How do I put the wires inside the bar? I need your help.

Comment

• rathead
              • Mar 2024

Yeah I ditched the horn. Just kept the cover since my coil is freaking huge and ugly as sin

Comment

• Rubman
                • Dec 2011

Dear Rathead,

Sorry everyone on this board is shitty at welcoming new people. Welcome to messageboards -- and more importantly, welcome to chop cult.

If you've got questions, this place definitely has answers -- sometimes people will answer questions you never even asked!

Enjoy your stay.

Comment

• rathead
                  • Mar 2024

Haha it's no big deal. This forum is just full of "badasses" I'll get used to them. Thanks for the welcome man.

Comment

• xllance
                    • Mar 2024

I really don't see that this thread was off base to begin with anyway. I have seen tons of threads started about topics that could easily be answered by a simple search and nobody jumped their ass about it.

Comment

• xllance
                      • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Incrediblah
                      All joking aside, what are the odds of this place getting a sportster specific forum? That one thread is great for keeping some of the rehashed silly shit from being posted 200 times, but like you said it's getting really jumbled up.
                      I think CRFyou had good intentions with the Ultimate Sporster thread but I really don't see the Sportster gurus checking in there everyday simply to see if a noob has something they can help with. It will turn into a situation where a guy has a question and posts it, then the replies get mixed up three or four pages later among relpies to other questions.

Here's the way to do it.......

Comment

• CRFyou
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by xllance
                        I really don't see that this thread was off base to begin with anyway. I have seen tons of threads started about topics that could easily be answered by a simple search and nobody jumped their ass about it.
                        I know people get especially sensitive when beginner sportster threads are perceived as being attacked.

We have decided that the American forum will maintain a diverse range of threads. Remember that, guys?

Remember some of the changes we have been making?

I have countless feedback from members appreciate the consolidation of these redundant threads.

Despite all of the amorous relationships with the Sportster on Chop Cult, we are still not going to let threads like these muddle the forum.

I tried to get the rathead to post more detailed pics, maybe with some descriptions to give this thread a little more substance. But some of you guys want to go down kicking and screaming about ANOTHER coil relocation thread is living a righteous existence.

Comment

• rathead
                          • Mar 2024

I'm not kicking and screaming about anything. I'm trying to justify my post. It was a mistake trying to make the post without more info BUT no one told me to add to my post. You guys jumped down my throat so I defended myself. The reason I'm on here instead of xl forum is because this site is better. If you ha said add more to my post instead of coming off so condescending then I would have. But now I'm just leaving it till it locks it's obvious it's not going anywhere. If you want to help this forum by stopping threads like mine then try to inform people instead of trying to act all high and mighty. If it weren't for people like xllance I would have found another forum already.

Comment

• Evidence
                            • Sep 2012

I'm not kicking and screaming about anything. I'm trying to justify my post. It was a mistake trying to make the post without more info BUT no one told me to add to my post. You guys jumped down my throat so I defended myself. The reason I'm on here instead of xl forum is because this site is better. If you ha said add more to my post instead of coming off so condescending then I would have. But now I'm just leaving it till it locks it's obvious it's not going anywhere. If you want to help this forum by stopping threads like mine then try to inform people instead of trying to act all high and mighty. If it weren't for people like xllance I would have found another forum already.
                            I dont think he was directly attacking you, there are a lot of people on here who get butt hurt when threads get shut down. The truth of the matter is, that you can dig through literally hundreds of pages of posts all based around the same thing. If you had a coil question, and it was very specific then no one would say anything and everyone would be very helpful. When new people come on and make extremely general and vague posts (like yours) the guys who have been on here for a long time get annoyed because theyve seen the exact same post a million times.

For example, if you make a thread titled:

"Will this seat fit on my 07 Sporty bobber?" - you will probably get harassed to death and told to use google (as you should anyways, because google is faster)

However, if you make a thread titled:

"Making my own seat, mounting advice?" - people will be more than helpful and want to pass on some good knowledge.

I dont think anyone is trying to act high and mighty, like I said theyre just tired of reading the same things over and over. There are a lot of good builds and how-tos on here, and sifting through a million general Sportster questions while youre trying to look for something that might be of assistance to your project gets a bit annoying.

Edit: I should add that theres always a thread stickied at the top of every forum ever created....I would say that you would know these things if you read it, but no one ever reads those things lol
                            Last edited by Evidence; 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• mrcoffee
                              • Aug 2011

Don't feel bad. I posted once and was promptly mocked for the subtlety of my mods, despite what I thought was a pretty good photodocumentary of a pretty unique piece. You learn to ignore it, there's always somebody getting all butthurt around here because there's always somebody getting angsty about all these damned EFI Sportsters with bars and pipes that should really be hanging out at XLF or worse, hdforums.

Welcome to ChopCult.

-m

Comment

• CRFyou
                                • Mar 2010

For a dude who makes a lot of inferences, you sure suck at understanding what I'm saying.

No one told you to add to your post?!

What's all this then?

Originally posted by CRFyou
                                If you're going to do anything, it's worth doing right.

A couple more photos of your process will lead to a better thread. Or if you're tentative about starting threads because you're a new member, you can also search this forum, find one of the many existing threads that show people relocating their coil and post in there.
                                NO ONE is trying to "help this forum by stopping threads like mine"...

I carefully explained that we are consolidating similar threads.

I've been a new guy on forums as well. If I were to do something like move my coil, being a new guy, I would first search for similar threads.

Once I found a good pre-existing thread on dudes moving their coil that had pics and clever tricks, I would post there showcasing what I did as well to add to a good thread.

I tried to help guide you but you ignored that and preferred to cry, sitting down in the shower rocking back and forth like a rape victim.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;