CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 35 of 39 First ... 253334353637 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes. But you'll have a hole looking in on your stem. At least that's my experience on my 650.

02 sportster
    Cleaned up handle bars stock housings are gone. I need to figure something out for the brake light switch. Thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

any ideas on how to get one of the bolts off on the primary chain view hole on a 95 1200. Sure it's the same on all of them. WITHOUT stripping the thing. I've tried an impact driver but again afraid to strip it.

@JohnM

You can use a banjo bolt brake switch right at the front brake cylinder. That's what I did. Lowbrow sells them.

Get Adobe Flash player

So I'm getting a 99 sportster to do a Crazy Orange type thing with and its my first bike. I'm trying to figure out what this bracket is and how to cut it off without F-ing up the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image512.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

What bracket?

Get Adobe Flash player

i figured it out, its a long exhaust bracket the extend from below the transmission mount plate to near the rear tireClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Muffler mount.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	54248

Get Adobe Flash player

More stupid questions... can i cut the triangle shaped plate that the the gas tank from mount threads thru off the frame?
    will this cause it to buckle?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DcReckless View Post
    More stupid questions... can i cut the triangle shaped plate that the the gas tank from mount threads thru off the frame?
    will this cause it to buckle?
    I assume youre talking about the neck gusset. Short answer is yes you ca cut it off. I just hope you have a lot of cut off wheels and grind discs. What a nightmare.

look at this
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27692

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Nater

Question,
    I've got a Led Sled Oil tank with the fittings that they sell for it as well. The feed, return, and vent fittings are all the same size. Issue is The vent hose is too small, and the return and feed hoses are too large. So would it be wrong to swap out the fittings on the pump and the one for the vent for ones that match the fittings I already have on my tank? What it boils down to is running smaller line for feed/return, and a slightly bigger vent line. I don't have the measurements right now but the difference is 1/6 for the ID

Hello
    sportster and buell rider from sweden need a little help. I have found ONE ! company that sell this part http://www.buellsterparts.com/product.sc?productId=1316 but they do not ship to sweden and they donīt even return mail questions, i really need those to put my buell back together and was wondering if some one could do me a favour and get a set of them and ship to sweden ? or if someone knows about some other store that might still have a set for sale and would be able to ship in my direction ?
    //Mike

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardxl View Post
    Change the front mount bracket on the seat
    Will this work also for putting pre 2003 seats on a 2005? I've been having the hardest time finding seats I like. Are front mount bracket adapters available?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudFastThrash View Post
    In a world of trouble now. Was planning a weekend trip to my hometown, an hour outside of the city my bike started acting up. Electrical out of nowhere would shut down. If I flick the killswitch and restart it it usually comes back on but not always. Took me all day to try and get back to town ended up 20 minutes away from home on the highway and needed to get picked up, it wouldn't stay running for half a minute at a time. I don't even really know how to check my ignition system other than if wires are disco'd. Tips tricks and pointers?
    This exact thing happened to me. Its your ground wire to your ignition. There is a black wire under the tank that spilts sometimes and that is it hah.

Get Adobe Flash player

It would be much easier to just get different fittings for the oil tank itself. I had this same problem on my 04 chopper I'm building. The threads for the tank is 1/4" NPT, it was really hard to find the sizes around town.. but online solved that problem. Two of them are 3/8" and one is 1/4" (obviously all with 1/4" NPT threads Not sure if I'm too late but hopefully this helps.

Im sure someone has asked this already but I couldn't find it.

Can someone explain to me the easiest way to be able to put a 180 rear tire on my 2001 custom sportster.

Get Adobe Flash player

so I bought a 99 1200 custom it came with stage 1 air cleaner and exhaust with jetted carb I removed the slip on exhaust and putting some drag pipes, also putting on a Mooneyes louvered air cleaner do I need to rejet?

Get Adobe Flash player

got these wheels because I think they where a good deal... not even sure what ill have to do to make these fit on my 10' sportster. Could anyone tell me what id have to do? Front is a 21in off a wide glide, rear is off a knucklehead.

**Looks like this has been asked a thousand times, and no, a 21in wideglide wont fit on my sportster forks.. I suck.

would I be able to replace the hub on the front rim and use it?
    Last edited by turk33; 04-13-2015 at 8:49 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Will sportster 39mm forks bolt straight up with 1991 FXRS-CONV sliders? Are they interchangeable as long as they are 39mm?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by turk33 View Post
    got these wheels because I think they where a good deal... not even sure what ill have to do to make these fit on my 10' sportster. Could anyone tell me what id have to do? Front is a 21in off a wide glide, rear is off a knucklehead.

**Looks like this has been asked a thousand times, and no, a 21in wideglide wont fit on my sportster forks.. I suck.

would I be able to replace the hub on the front rim and use it?
    turk33 it would probably be cheaper just to sell the wideglide set up and pick up a 21inch for your front end. I picked up mine with a floating rotor and brand new tire 100 bucks.

Share This