This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyBGoode
    • May 2011

You should probably just give the bike to me next. I really don't know what else you could do

Comment

• gonzoguilt
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Revelator
      Bobber?
      I thought they were boobers.

Comment

• vagrant318
        • Sep 2010

I thought they were boppers...

Comment

• xllance
          • Apr 2024

Thank you CRFyou !!!

Comment

• ruckus2115
            • Jan 2010

thank you....its awesome that you are a mod

Comment

• vin
              • Aug 2009

this could get ugly quick....

since no one has posted their bike yet ill start by saying:
              tank lifts on stock 3.3 sportsters never look good
              spring solo seats on bikes with shocks never look good
              anything made by kuryakyn is not cool. this is not the 80's version of the future

just thought id get that out of the way...

Comment

• CRFyou
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by vin
                this could get ugly quick....

since no one has posted their bike yet ill start by saying:
                tank lifts on stock 3.3 sportsters never look good
                spring solo seats on bikes with shocks never look good
                anything made by kuryakyn is not cool. this is not the 80's version of the future

just thought id get that out of the way...
                It won't get ugly at all.

When people post a new thread showing minor modifications, and it seems like it's a thread we've seen a million times before, I'll move that thread into this one.

If people get bitchy about it, I'll delete their posts to keep this thread on-topic.

The main purpose of these few changes Allen and I are making to to keep Chop Cult dedicated to chopping and fabrication that people can learn from.

I think we all know what Z bars and a cut sportster fender look like so I won't allow 2/3 of the threads in here to push down an dude making a frame for his Shovelhead.

Plus, being that I live in an area that is more chopper dude heavy, I have personally spoken with people that have fled Chop Cult because of this very trend.

We all have to start somewhere, but you wouldn't roll into an Mathematics forum and make a million threads about how you can add double digit numbers.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                  • Sep 2011

Well put CRF. I came here to ChopCult to learn and it has slowly been harder and harder to do that on here. All of the HOW TO's got blended in with all the rest of the crap, photodump went away which I think both of those things have lead to more people posting shitty threads.

Comment

• vin
                    • Aug 2009

i hear you and agree. that is why i thought it might get ugly. in the sportster thread every time someone posted a bike that had V&H pipes,standard apes and forward controls or similar they would get bashed by many then someone would stick up for them, then there would be 10 posts fighting about it. funny thing is some of the bikes people ooh and ahh over have the same bolt ons done to them, but biltwell brand bars and stock pipes without mufflers heat wrapped from end to end - but thats cool. my above silly parts combo criticism was intended to deter people from feeling the need to bash those same things over and over by getting it out of the way. by people posting here, they will be asking for criticism, but hopefully they get constructive criticism rather then pure taste opinions and bashing. yes, we all started the same way and i am sure the guys who do the bashing either have something on par in their past or will think so of their current bike in the future. if people thought what they were doing was ugly, they wouldnt do it. and if it was timeless, we wouldnt change it every year

Comment

• Nosebleed
                      • Mar 2010

Thanks CRF! Fantastic idea!

Now that we have this under control and the "I hate/love/kill am/am not Hipster" threads have seemed to fade away, what do you plan on doing about the federal deficit?

CRFYou for Senate in 2014! Who do we need in Washington? A man with a plan, and a Pan.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                        • Mar 2011

CRFYou ? Have you ordered your cape yet?
                        Caues You are our hero!!!!

hahahahaha

Now get busy recruit! Clean up this mess!!

hahaha

Comment

• CRFyou
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Nosebleed
                          Thanks CRF! Fantastic idea!

Now that we have this under control and the "I hate/love/kill am/am not Hipster" threads have seemed to fade away, what do you plan on doing about the federal deficit?

CRFYou for Senate in 2014! Who do we need in Washington? A man with a plan, and a Pan.

Hahaha! Thanks!

Originally posted by Saltytonk
                          CRFYou ? Have you ordered your cape yet?
                          Caues You are our hero!!!!

hahahahaha

Now get busy recruit! Clean up this mess!!

hahaha
                          Haha! I don't need a cape. I just use my erection.

And I will start merging threads, but I have found that since my thread is newer, when I merge an older thread into it, it goes to the top and changes the order of things...

Maybe enough people will see this and get it? I'll start smashing more shit into here soon.

Comment

• VPNick
                            • Jun 2012

this is a great idea...main reason i stopped going to the American section was the over saturation of Sportster "builds" and general cluster you have sift through to find some juicy tech stuff

Comment

• Revelator
                              • Aug 2009

CRF good move, but Maybe there should be a dedicated forum for the sporty-nightster-hipster-bobber bikes.
                              The American bike forum is about 85% of the above bikes.

Hey Guys!!! I removed the reflectors off of the fork tubes, How she look now?!!!!!! I just ordered me
                              a water faucet gas shutoff valve!! ' Will definitely post more pics of my bobber build after the install!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• CRFyou
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Revelator
                                CRF good move, but Maybe there should be a dedicated forum for the sporty-nightster-hipster-bobber bikes.
                                The American bike forum is about 85% of the above bikes.

Hey Guys!!! I removed the reflectors off of the fork tubes, How she look now?!!!!!! I just ordered me
                                a water faucet gas shutoff valve!! ' Will definitely post more pics of my bobber build after the install!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha!

One step at a time, dude....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;