CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 35 First 1234513 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

their is a lot of how tos. you could look up, not really sure what your trying to do but the most common things are

hand controls clean up/ delete

chain conversion

cam cover chop

coil relocate

i guess for starters, if it were my bike i think id start with cleaning up those handlebars and controls. the more you are on here, the more you are going to get ideas and start changing shit around. endless possibilities.

get that tool collection going at the same time. i started off with screw drivers and a ratchet set, to a mig welder, compressor, and drill press.

Get Adobe Flash player

If it was mine? I would chop that shit!!

Ya gotta decide what direction ya wanna go, musclebike, hot rod, lanesplitter, chopper, cafe...

For a simple fix I would clean up the bars, exchange those hideous Kuryakyn grips for some plain black ribbed grips, paint the oil bag to match the tins, Black racing stripe on the tank and fender, and a shorter, beefier muffler on those headers. A cobra style seat would accentuate the lines of the bike better. Those drag bars on risers look kinda dated to me - ya gotta check out some of the different bar configurations and decide what ya like and puts yer hands in the right spot: narrow, low apes, window bars, rabbit ears, whatever floats ya boat. I like to sit on a bike with my feet on the pegs, shut my eyes, and reach out to where I want the bars and feel comfortable. Then I buy or build a set to put my paws in the best spot.

Do some research and make yer own decisions. Just make sure ya start a build thread and let us follow along. Here's a couple pics for ya.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default The "Look at my bike; is it cool? What should I do next?" THREAD

Here's where some of these types of threads are going to end up.

This is in an effort to clean up some of the static and keep CHOP Cult more focused in here.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bobber?

Get Adobe Flash player

I made the pipes myself

Get Adobe Flash player

You should probably just give the bike to me next. I really don't know what else you could do

gonzoguilt

Quote Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
    Bobber?
    I thought they were boobers.

Get Adobe Flash player

I thought they were boppers...

xllance

Thank you CRFyou !!!

Get Adobe Flash player

thank you....its awesome that you are a mod

Get Adobe Flash player

this could get ugly quick....

since no one has posted their bike yet ill start by saying:
    tank lifts on stock 3.3 sportsters never look good
    spring solo seats on bikes with shocks never look good
    anything made by kuryakyn is not cool. this is not the 80's version of the future

just thought id get that out of the way...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    this could get ugly quick....

since no one has posted their bike yet ill start by saying:
    tank lifts on stock 3.3 sportsters never look good
    spring solo seats on bikes with shocks never look good
    anything made by kuryakyn is not cool. this is not the 80's version of the future

just thought id get that out of the way...
    It won't get ugly at all.

When people post a new thread showing minor modifications, and it seems like it's a thread we've seen a million times before, I'll move that thread into this one.

If people get bitchy about it, I'll delete their posts to keep this thread on-topic.

The main purpose of these few changes Allen and I are making to to keep Chop Cult dedicated to chopping and fabrication that people can learn from.

I think we all know what Z bars and a cut sportster fender look like so I won't allow 2/3 of the threads in here to push down an dude making a frame for his Shovelhead.

Plus, being that I live in an area that is more chopper dude heavy, I have personally spoken with people that have fled Chop Cult because of this very trend.

We all have to start somewhere, but you wouldn't roll into an Mathematics forum and make a million threads about how you can add double digit numbers.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well put CRF. I came here to ChopCult to learn and it has slowly been harder and harder to do that on here. All of the HOW TO's got blended in with all the rest of the crap, photodump went away which I think both of those things have lead to more people posting shitty threads.

Get Adobe Flash player

i hear you and agree. that is why i thought it might get ugly. in the sportster thread every time someone posted a bike that had V&H pipes,standard apes and forward controls or similar they would get bashed by many then someone would stick up for them, then there would be 10 posts fighting about it. funny thing is some of the bikes people ooh and ahh over have the same bolt ons done to them, but biltwell brand bars and stock pipes without mufflers heat wrapped from end to end - but thats cool. my above silly parts combo criticism was intended to deter people from feeling the need to bash those same things over and over by getting it out of the way. by people posting here, they will be asking for criticism, but hopefully they get constructive criticism rather then pure taste opinions and bashing. yes, we all started the same way and i am sure the guys who do the bashing either have something on par in their past or will think so of their current bike in the future. if people thought what they were doing was ugly, they wouldnt do it. and if it was timeless, we wouldnt change it every year

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks CRF! Fantastic idea!

Now that we have this under control and the "I hate/love/kill am/am not Hipster" threads have seemed to fade away, what do you plan on doing about the federal deficit?

CRFYou for Senate in 2014! Who do we need in Washington? A man with a plan, and a Pan.

Get Adobe Flash player

CRFYou ? Have you ordered your cape yet?
    Caues You are our hero!!!!

hahahahaha

Now get busy recruit! Clean up this mess!!

hahaha

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
    Thanks CRF! Fantastic idea!

Now that we have this under control and the "I hate/love/kill am/am not Hipster" threads have seemed to fade away, what do you plan on doing about the federal deficit?

CRFYou for Senate in 2014! Who do we need in Washington? A man with a plan, and a Pan.

Hahaha! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    CRFYou ? Have you ordered your cape yet?
    Caues You are our hero!!!!

hahahahaha

Now get busy recruit! Clean up this mess!!

hahaha
    Haha! I don't need a cape. I just use my erection.

And I will start merging threads, but I have found that since my thread is newer, when I merge an older thread into it, it goes to the top and changes the order of things...

Maybe enough people will see this and get it? I'll start smashing more shit into here soon.

Get Adobe Flash player

this is a great idea...main reason i stopped going to the American section was the over saturation of Sportster "builds" and general cluster you have sift through to find some juicy tech stuff

Get Adobe Flash player

CRF good move, but Maybe there should be a dedicated forum for the sporty-nightster-hipster-bobber bikes.
    The American bike forum is about 85% of the above bikes.

Hey Guys!!! I removed the reflectors off of the fork tubes, How she look now?!!!!!! I just ordered me
    a water faucet gas shutoff valve!! ' Will definitely post more pics of my bobber build after the install!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
    CRF good move, but Maybe there should be a dedicated forum for the sporty-nightster-hipster-bobber bikes.
    The American bike forum is about 85% of the above bikes.

Hey Guys!!! I removed the reflectors off of the fork tubes, How she look now?!!!!!! I just ordered me
    a water faucet gas shutoff valve!! ' Will definitely post more pics of my bobber build after the install!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha!

One step at a time, dude....

Share This