• Show
Clear All
  • Grancuda
    • Aug 2010

I never liked the tank lifts.

Comment

• hutchings
      • Sep 2010

Did someone say something about a tank???

Haha, nice looking scoot man... But honestly, that tank is hideous.

The pipes, sissy bar, rear fender all look good... clean and narrow, then plump there's a giant turd of a tank sitting on the back bone.

I said it once, and I'll say it again... a furry bearded man cries on the inside every time a tank is lifted.

..... you did ask for opinions.

Switch it for a 2.1gal peanut off one of the new 48's or 72's at least.

Comment

• misfitJason
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by victor24
        Can I know why it looks funny? I see a lot of guys here with that tank lift and I think it looks good
        It takes a tiny bike and throws the proportions off making it look odd. In other words it throws off the lines

Do you ever watch little people big world. It's like looking at midget. They look like regular people but the
        Proportions are off
        Last edited by misfitJason; 03-10-2013, 1:00 PM.

Comment

• me
          • Dec 2009

Just keep at it man. If you built the custom stuff then thats awesome. There are some parts about yr bike I think are cool and others that I could do without. either way if your anything like me you'll just keep pushing the limits on your own skills and eventually get to a point where you can't take it any longer and chop the whole thing to pieces so you can build your ultimate vission. Keep at it!

Comment

• victor24
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by me
            Just keep at it man. If you built the custom stuff then thats awesome. There are some parts about yr bike I think are cool and others that I could do without. either way if your anything like me you'll just keep pushing the limits on your own skills and eventually get to a point where you can't take it any longer and chop the whole thing to pieces so you can build your ultimate vission. Keep at it!
            Sure will man Thanks

Comment

• ragnarok
              • Jan 2011

ditch that lifted tank

Comment

• victor24
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ragnarok
                ditch that lifted tank
                Yeah I'm going to do that today

Comment

• Stlmikie
                  • Jan 2013

Don't do it! Keep that thing the way YOU like it. You like that tank lifted and you change it to suit what someone else thinks about, to me, it speaks volumes of you. Jesus man. Don't ask what color you think they want you to paint it.

Originally posted by victor24
                  Yeah I'm going to do that today

Comment

• drenfro22
                    • Jan 2011

I quit asking people their opinion on how my bike looks because of threads like these. Do what you like. You'll never be done changing things around anyway, so do what floats your boat man!

Comment

• shiftace
                      • Aug 2009

The tank and spring seat are failing. Rest is standard issue "that's about all you can do with hand tools" . You're at a crossroads, either hard tail it and never look back or put nice shocks back on and make us believe you wanna blow minds.

Comment

• IronheadChris
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by drenfro22
                        I quit asking people their opinion on how my bike looks because of threads like these. Do what you like. You'll never be done changing things around anyway, so do what floats your boat
                        man!
                        You make it sound like this thread is outa hand and we're all shitting on him. He asked for our opinions and we gave it to him. If he didn't want to hear what we thought he wouldn't have asked. I think he got a lot of good advice. Now he can do whatever he wants with it.

Comment

• xllance
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Stlmikie
                          Don't do it! Keep that thing the way YOU like it. You like that tank lifted and you change it to suit what someone else thinks about, to me, it speaks volumes of you. Jesus man. Don't ask what color you think they want you to paint it.
                          I agree. I put my two cents in because he asked, otherwise I keep my mouth shut about other peoples bikes. But the point here is don't ask for opinions on styling. Ask "what works" and "how do I do this" but if you like your bike run with it and never apologize to anyone. It's obvious he was stoked about it the way he put it together. Now he's changing it because of what we said. Ride it like that for awhile and see what you think after you've spent some time on it. I've been dead set positive about something I've done on my bike and tell myself I'll never change that. Then change my mind and totally re-do it only to regret it five minutes later. It's a never ending thing, that's what's fun about it.

Comment

• drenfro22
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by IronheadChris
                            You make it sound like this thread is outa hand and we're all shitting on him. He asked for our opinions and we gave it to him. If he didn't want to hear what we thought he wouldn't have asked. I think he got a lot of good advice. Now he can do whatever he wants with it.
                            Not out of hand at all. He did ask, and there is no prob with people giving there opinion. I just quit asking because most people don't give a reason, they just drop a five word reply. Constructive critism is fine, like the posts that explain why they don't like the lift instead of just stating the lifted tank looks bad.

Comment

• Rubman
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Stlmikie
                              exactly. it's YOUR bike, brother. you like the tank lifted? then lift that fuckin' tank, homie.

personally, i don't mind it anymore than i mind all the other dumb shit lots of dudes throw on their bikes. it's all relative, man.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                                • Mar 2011

Yes by all means remove the tank lift.

and the whole "bobber" thing is played out......
                                You need to stick to the timeless "Ride to Live" badgeing and tassles and other Genuwine Harley Davidson accessories. That stuff never goes out of style. And is always available at your local dealer.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;