Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BAC138
    • Mar 2013

My 1999 Harley Davidson Sportster

Does anyone have any cool parts for this 1999 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200s xl?
  • mindthreat44
    • Jul 2011

What are you looking to change about it?

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

Could you be more specific?

What you have there in the "S" model is a very , VERY fine machine.
      I had a 99 S that I recently got rid of...........wished I still had it but I digress........

If I were you , I would leave the suspension alone, The suspension on S models front and back are the best your gonna find on a Harley of any kind.
      Same with the brakes , the floating rotors are nice.

There are some cool mods you can do to the bike, (depending of course on your mechanical abilities).

Are you wanting to enhance the performance of the bike ( which btw is one of Harleys finest in that area too). the quickest way to enhance that is with a 2 into 1 exhaust of some kind and a free flowing breather ( dont put one of those awful pointy things on it) .

Next up from that would be to upgrade the ignition with something like the Dynatek 2KI ignition kit. Awesome upgrade ! Now when you do this you will need to fab or buy some kinda of coil mount as the stock coil mount wont work . But this ignition mod gets rid of a ton of wires and cleans up lots of things.

And then there is a 1250 kit from NRHS. Its abolt on kit with no machineing to up your performance even more....Then you can get into carb upgrades from there.. I wouldnt bother wit hcarb upgrade unless you are upgradeing everything else first. The stock CV actually performs pretty well with minor mods.

Now cosmetically speaking , there are many parts available. the quickest and easiest is always custom made handlebars from someone like Zombie Performance.
      Then changeing out headlight to an aftermarket light of your choice, Which will require some kind of new mount for it. something like a No Brow headlight mount from Loud N Greasy Customs. (shameless plug).

There are a ton of seats available , Biltwell Banana is one of the cooler ones.
      Pegs and grips from Hippy Killer or Seven Sins

a flat bottom Sporty tank really sets it in the right direction also . You can have one custom made by someone like Mercury Moto or get one from Lowbrow Customs.

Anyway these are merely suggestions .... but look around this site ..see what you like and then do your own thing with the info you find.

Have fun and ride the piss out of that bike!

Comment

• CRFyou
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BAC138
        Does anyone have any cool parts for this 1999 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200s xl?
        Dude. Do some research, you lazy kid.

Wtf kind of vague question is that?

I swear to Christ you guys... These sportster threads are out of control.

Comment

• StopBreakingDown
          • Jan 2011

i have some COOL single disc fork lowers if you wanna trade

Comment

• Saltytonk
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CRFyou

i whole heartedly agree. We do despretely need a "Newb Sporty Section" .
            I think these guys need a place to get info and ask questions but it has gotten out of hand.

Comment

• CRFyou
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Saltytonk
              i whole heartedly agree. We do despretely need a "Newb Sporty Section" .
              I think these guys need a place to get info and ask questions but it has gotten out of hand.
              This thread is especially frustrating...

It's like... Bro, are you building a long chop with 14" over springer?
              Short Chop, street tracker, replacing the whole frame, welding on a rigid rear??? or the most likely...

Bolt on Z bars, move the speedo, and install struts?

And not that I need to see a picture of ANOTHER bone stock sportster, but it's even missing that.

But you were very nice with all those helpful hints you provided. Even though we have no clue what this dude wants to do.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                • Mar 2011

But you were very nice with all those helpful hints you provided. Even though we have no clue what this dude wants to do.
                Sometimes I play good cop.......not very often......but today is the day.. hahaha

Comment

• Incrediblah
                  • Aug 2010

These fucking sportster threads are spreading like a plague. Don't get me wrong, the first bike I chopped was a sporty, but gad damnit new guys. This is CHOP cult.

Comment

• Evidence
                    • Sep 2012

LMFAO. First thing this morning when I saw this thread, I thought "oh jeez, more ammo for CRFyou..."

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                      • Sep 2011

no cool parts exist, might as well drive it off a cliff.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;