Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparkplug92
    • Dec 2012

Burly Slammer Kit on Sportster

I'm looking into buying the burly slammer kit for my 01 883. I have some questions do you guys ever bottom out? How rough is it? I've heard a range of answers for that one. And does anybody ride double with the kit? I'm 165 and my girl is about 140? I'm full of questions I just don't know which way to go. Please help. And if anybody has pictures can you post em?? I need ideas
    • Dec 2012

heres my 07 rides fine. dropped the front 1 1/4 and back 1 1/2. i ride 3 nothces up on the shock when riding with my old lady and 1 notch up solo
    Attached Files

Comment

• junkyardxl
      • Mar 2012

This has been covered multiple times. If you use the search function you will see plenty of threads taking about it. Every question you have I'm sure has been answered. Might save you some time

Comment

• outlawpete650
        • Apr 2024

had em on my 08 im 190 & ride a lot with the street fighter club, i get left behind a lot ,

if you like to ride fast they are to hard i moved up to 11 an a half yss much better . with the slammers i was bouncing around corners
        they did look cool though

Comment

• sparkplug92
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 1211
          heres my 07 rides fine. dropped the front 1 1/4 and back 1 1/2. i ride 3 nothces up on the shock when riding with my old lady and 1 notch up solo
          Are you running the slammer kit or a different set up?

Comment

• sparkplug92
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by outlawpete650
            had em on my 08 im 190 & ride a lot with the street fighter club, i get left behind a lot ,

if you like to ride fast they are to hard i moved up to 11 an a half yss much better . with the slammers i was bouncing around corners
            they did look cool though
            Do you have any picture with the 11.5? Because honestly I do like riding fast and there's a lot of turns in West Virginia. So I need it to handle decent but I hate having it look like ill riding a dirtbike

Comment

• Dragon5
              • Oct 2012

Got the burly slammer shocks on my wifes 97. I haven't bottomed out, they are pretty stiff. They are adjustable, but they are more adjustable for height than comfort. I don't know for sure, but I but you would bottom out every once in a while going 2-up. Plus if you lover the front too, you need to watch corner clearance. My wife doesn't ride aggressively so no worries, but scraping can be an issue.

Comment

• SquashThatFly
                • Jul 2011

my sportster rode better as a rigid than it did with those stiff ass Burlys. no joke

Comment

• Dec 2012

Originally posted by sparkplug92
                  Are you running the slammer kit or a different set up?
                  runnig the slammer kit

Comment

• outlawpete650
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by sparkplug92
                    Do you have any picture with the 11.5? Because honestly I do like riding fast and there's a lot of turns in West Virginia. So I need it to handle decent but I hate having it look like ill riding a dirtbike
                    sorry no pics but to tell the truth thers fuck all dif in hight 1inch . but a whole lot better ridean hadle way better standards shocks are 13 an a half so you drop 2inch but looks like more

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;