CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default The "Who here went to college thread?"

Because at this point, why the fuck not? might as well stop ruining the other thread.

what'd you guys study?

journalism here.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ill tell you why the fuck not... BA in cultural anthropology MA in medical anthropology and medical ethics. I make more money operating a backho and flipping bikes then I did putting 60 hours a week in at Loyola medical university in Chicago. My diplomas currently hang over my shitter at home

Get Adobe Flash player

I went for a month for culinary arts, then I dropped out because I was a better chef than the teachers.. it's not rocket science, and after seeing the 3000+ students enrolled, I knew the job market would be flooded with wannabe cooks in a place where there's maybe 10 nice restaurants..

so I started fucking with (old) bikes, and have a good job doing that, I'll be getting shipped out to Cali for a new job, fucking with old bikes.

If I were to goto college again, I'd probably go for mechanical engineering.

Get Adobe Flash player

Twice, once to play football and fuck and drink

2nd time to actually get a degree....(which of course I dont use, except for friends)(Art and Graphic Design)

Get Adobe Flash player

Went to Northern Arizona Univ -English/Poli-Sci double major, double minor in criminal justice/business mgmt.

Enrolled at University of Oregon law school, then said fuck it and went to do something I enjoy.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bachelors in Civil Engineering cuz I liked making skate ramps. Masters in Electrical Engineering because I wanted to know how my tube amp worked.

Still, I didn't learn about motors, machining, or how to use tooling until I started working on bikes. The practical side of things comes from actually doing stuff, and I'm light years behind most of the guys here in that category.

Get Adobe Flash player

Music Industry Studies degree from CSUN. Also have a MMI degree I'm not using, but has paid for itself in flipping bikes over the years.

Get Adobe Flash player

Associates in Collision Repair Technology.

Get Adobe Flash player

I did...temporarily at least. I started with high intentions, majored in pre-vet but was an immature 17/18 year old who fucked off way too much. At the time I was working for my dad part time/full time when off and went to school for about 2 years then took about 1 1/2 year off to work/get my shit straight. Ended up going back for another 3 semesters majoring in Ag Science/Ag Education with the intention of becoming an Ag teacher(I was/am country as fuck). I finished up the spring semester and was supposed to be transferring schools to finish my degree but never did. I came to the realization that I still had about ~2 years left which meant racking up a shit ton of debt in student loans etc etc. I went to work full time for my dad and have been full time for about the past 2-3 years. Love my job, make the same, if not more money than I would have had I became an Ag teacher, main difference is I'd just be graduating and I don't have a mountain of debt in front of me. Seems like the smarter financial decission. I think alot of people make the same mistake I almost did.

It should be noted that I do feel atleast a little shitty for not finishing/getting a degree. As in I'm partially disappointed in myself for the way I initially handled the whole college thing. Live and learn.

ETA: Just looked up the average ag teacher salary in my state....kinda glad I dodged that shit now. About $15k less a year than what I currently make plus I don't have to deal with shithead kids everyday.
    Last edited by YOURADHERE; 03-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Baccalaureate in Computer Science (Networking). Didn't graduate until I was 39. I figured computers are never leaving and combine that with my managerial experience, I will be able to manage fellow geeks until I die.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by imaloser View Post
    Baccalaureate in Computer Science (Networking). Didn't graduate until I was 39. I figured computers are never leaving and combine that with my managerial experience, I will be able to manage fellow geeks until I die.
    So what youre saying, is your user name is a lie....LIES!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Studied jazz as a guitar player at the U of M in Duluth. Sitting in a cubicle all day and playing in the bars at night.

Get Adobe Flash player

Degree in web and graphic design..

Now in school for Instrumentation Technologist

Get Adobe Flash player

School for culinary arts... Loved it, bounced around a few jobs, now I work at a hospital in the kitchen. Nice cushy union job... I LOVE IT

Get Adobe Flash player

does bangin collage girls on campus count?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dig View Post
    Studied jazz as a guitar player at the U of M in Duluth. Sitting in a cubicle all day and playing in the bars at night.
    I'm guessing you did a lot of work with Billy Barnard? Great guitarist and great guy. I'm currently at UMD for mechanical engineering, but thinking about switching to a technical degree

diy570

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    Associates in Collision Repair Technology.
    biggest waste of money ever, right? if the teachers really gave a shit, the first day of class they would tell you that you can get paid to learn this trade rather than pay to learn something that you probably won't like anyway.

Bs in biology, ba in sociology and got a surprise associates in communications. I use all that to cut lawns/landscape and remodel bathrooms and do tile work, lol

Get Adobe Flash player

went to the university of texas on a soccer scholarship...got my bachelors in psychology and now i work for the moco. funny how that worked out.

Get Adobe Flash player

BS in Architecture that I actually use every day as an Architectural Designer

Share This