Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FasterThanTrouble
    • Dec 2012

Biltwell Bonanza vs. Bell 500

Here is a side by side comparison of the new Biltwell Bonanza and Bell 500. They look pretty much the same size. I took the Bonanza for a ride and I like it better than my Bell 500. Here is why:

1. The Bonanza does not rise up at high speeds. I rode it up to 65mph and there was no movement what so ever. The Bell 500 tends to rise up and choke me when riding .

2. It is noticeably quieter than the Bell 500. I did not hear any wind noise until I hit 50-60mph. I think that the plush fabric liner cuts down on the wind noise.

3. I like how the strap buttons down flat. I hate how the Bell's strap has that silly loop when buttoned down.

Like I said before, both helmets looks the same on my head. The Biltwell Bonanza was not any smaller or slimmer than the Bell. I was hoping that it would be, but being a DOT helmet I think it is the best it will get.

• lokko21
    • Jan 2013

I don't like how the bell fits me, I haven't try the Bonanza, but if it's the same as bell, I'll have to wait for el Gringo.
    Maybe you can post some pictures with the helmets on..

Comment

• FasterThanTrouble
      • Dec 2012

As requested.

Comment

• doom
        • Dec 2010

What size you wear man?

Comment

• FasterThanTrouble
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by doom
          What size you wear man?
          Medium for both buckets.

Comment

• lokko21
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by FasterThanTrouble
            As requested.

Cool, actually the bell looks better, looking at the size chart I need a XL on the Bonanza, not good.

Comment

• Beefdrippings
              • Sep 2009

You"re lucky.They both look good on you.I haven't tried the Biltwell but the Bell (L) looked so bobble head on me it was ridiculous.

Comment

• FasterThanTrouble
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Beefdrippings
                You"re lucky.They both look good on you.I haven't tried the Biltwell but the Bell (L) looked so bobble head on me it was ridiculous.
                Actually, you would be surprised. When I put the helmets on and look in the mirror, they always look too "bobble head" to me too. I suggest to put them on and take a pic. You might not think they're too big anymore.

Comment

• trifive
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lokko21
                  Cool, actually the bell looks better, looking at the size chart I need a XL on the Bonanza, not good.
                  I tried on the Bell,it was embarrassing. I was hoping the Bonanza would be better,but looking at the pics I don't think so.

Comment

• calicruiser
                    • Aug 2009

the bell looks ridiculous on me .... bonanza is the ticket.

Comment

• backwithabang
                      • May 2011

Just got a bonanza. I still feel like that little alien from the flintstones in it. But as far as DOT approved melon protectors Biltwell went as sleek as they could. What's great about it is its super comfy. I normally don't wear DOT helmets so I'm biased and when I look in the mirror. The bonanza looks huge compared to my novelty loser machine helmet. However if you know you are going on a longer ride in a helmet state or states and you may be getting harassed at police check points, this is the 3/4 to buy. Biltwell did a damn good job between size/style/ and dome regulations. Just remember you novelty guys. It will be a shock to you at first in the mirror. But try on a few more DOT helmets and you'll see it's the best choice on the market today. Also common sense says staying with a flat black will be less shocking then a flaked out primary color too

Comment

• Toad1975
                        • Sep 2012

Maybe it's me but I felt the El Fuerte had a lower profile than the Bonanza. Bonanza is comfortable but damn near the same size as the Hustler. I've been rocking a Licks Novdot since the recall and its quite a bit smaller.

Comment

• Shameless
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Toad1975
                          Maybe it's me but I felt the El Fuerte had a lower profile than the Bonanza. Bonanza is comfortable but damn near the same size as the Hustler. I've been rocking a Licks Novdot since the recall and its quite a bit smaller.
                          I'm still running my Fulmer Martian dome and need to ditch it. Pics of that Licks NovDot and what size it is?

Comment

• lokko21
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Toad1975
                            Can you post pictures of Bonanza and Licks on you..

Comment

• Snelvis
                              • Dec 2009

I just got the Bonanza . I like the Bell 500 much better . I compared the Bonanza to my Hustler and the profile is almost the same . I just got the Bonanza last night but at first glance the Hustler liner looks nicer. with that said the Bell 500 in much smaller profile with a much better liner . I was very disappointed with my new helmet as I was under the impression it would be close the to size of the Bell 500 not the size of my Biltwell Hustler . To each there own

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;