Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toad1975
    • Sep 2012

I'm about the same size melon, wore a medium Hustler (never tried large) and a large in the El Fuerte and Bonanza. Used to have a medium Bell 500, was a bit small. Got rid of all those over the years and have a large Licks, fits perfect.

Comment

• trifive
      • Sep 2012

Any pics wearing the Licks helmet? I wear an XL helmet and most DOT versions give me the gazoo look.

Comment

• Dragon5
        • Oct 2012

Might want to keep this in mind. I read..can't vouch for the truth in it...but I read that the Bell 500 doesn't use different shell sizes for every size. Apparently the shell on the Small and Medium are the same and its the liner that makes up the difference. The Large and XL are supposed to share the same shell too. I have a feeling that the other helmets are the same way but I don't know. I have a Bell 500 in medium and it fits nice..not too much bobblehead and that makes sense if my medium shares a shell with a small. Also, mine doesn't rise up on the highway and makes a decent seal on my cheeks so its not too loud .The large has a bigger shell size and looks HUGE on my head. I tried on a licks NOVDOT and it is seriously the lowest profile, lightest DOT I have ever seen. They just didn't have the color I wanted. The licks one is seriously badass. Haven't tried the New Biltwell so I can't speak on it.

Comment

• Helwade
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Toad1975
          Maybe it's me but I felt the El Fuerte had a lower profile than the Bonanza. Bonanza is comfortable but damn near the same size as the Hustler. I've been rocking a Licks Novdot since the recall and its quite a bit smaller.
          There is zero difference in the shells of the el Fuerte and the Bonanza for any given size. Same exact shell.l

The difference is safety liner foam density, which shouldn't alter the way the helmet looks on your head.

You are correct re: the NovDot: it's smaller. Approximately 5mm lower as it rests on a table in our very informal comparisons conducted months ago.

Scale and proportion are important qualities in a helmet, but so are comfort, interior construction/tactile sensation, sound deadening, color choices, etc. we tried hard to bridge the gap between "thick" and "thin" without compromising "safe." I'm really proud of the Bonanza helmet, but I'm obviously biased.

Thanks for all your comments, questions and support.

McGoo

Comment

• duc848
            • Mar 2013

Is there thicker cheek pads available for the Bonanza? I have an XL and it fits perfect around the crown but I would like a little bit tighter feel around my cheeks. Can I buy 30mm pads seperatley?

Comment

• SELLERSSALVAGE
              • Jan 2012

biltwell you fucking rock! here it is.........

YOU WANNA LOOK COOL GET A NON DOT NOV

YOU WANNA BE SAFE GET DOT

Comment

• theoldcoyote
                • Feb 2012

so if the biltwell size chart says i should order a large, should i abide or say fuck it and get a medium?

Comment

• Siempre
                  • Dec 2012

I went by the measurements and got a large, definetely should have ordered a medium. on its way to return and exchange now, although I am just going with the novelty Biltwell this time.

photo bilt_zpscd0fa821.png

Comment

• cswrench
                    • May 2012

How is the fit compared to the Bonanza and 500? The 500 does not fit me worth a damn. Hoping a Bonanza fits better.

Comment

• Motocrash
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by FasterThanTrouble
                      As requested.

Interesting....
                      Looking at the pics of the helmets side by side, I like the Bell better. But with a head inside, I think the Biltwell looks better. I think the Bell looks too narrow at the bottom, kind of a "hot air ballon" look.
                      Thanks for the pic.

Something to ponder tho... not everyone looks the same with a helmet on. Some folks have a tall narrow head/face, and some folks have a round, pumpkin head/face. The helmet that looks great on your pumpkin headed friend may look quite stupid on you if you have a tall head.

Comment

• Siempre
                        • Dec 2012

Bonanza vs novelty

Here is a side-by-side comparison between the Bonanza and Biltwell Novelty. The size difference is not nearly as dramatic as you would think. The Bonanza is a bit heavier, but very comparable for a DOT Approved Helmet vs a Novelty Design.

photo 0415d199-1698-468c-bdf6-ddb494e020cb_zpsd8af365e.jpg

Comment

• scriv
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by Motocrash
                          Interesting....
                          Looking at the pics of the helmets side by side, I like the Bell better. But with a head inside, I think the Biltwell looks better. I think the Bell looks too narrow at the bottom, kind of a "hot air ballon" look.
                          Thanks for the pic.

Something to ponder tho... not everyone looks the same with a helmet on. Some folks have a tall narrow head/face, and some folks have a round, pumpkin head/face. The helmet that looks great on your pumpkin headed friend may look quite stupid on you if you have a tall head.
                          I agree with the hot air baloon look. I don't have a problem with that really-it's the fit. I have a Bell 500 in XL. I like a snug fit, but the bell leaves liner marks on my forehead (no biggie), but the cheek pads compress my face so much that it is uncomfortable. The builtwell chart says to get an XL as well, but I am at the top of the size (23 1/4"). Wondering if I should go to a XXL? The licks chart puts me in a large and in the middle of that range. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Massyamaha
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Siempre
                            Here is a side-by-side comparison between the Bonanza and Biltwell Novelty. The size difference is not nearly as dramatic as you would think. The Bonanza is a bit heavier, but very comparable for a DOT Approved Helmet vs a Novelty Design.

photo 0415d199-1698-468c-bdf6-ddb494e020cb_zpsd8af365e.jpg
                            The confidence that comes with a nice fitting helmet is clearly worth it.

But seriously, im jealous how that Bell 500 fits on faster than trouble, the Bell was on my head for a second before i tore it off my head in embarrassment..Massive bubble head.

Comment

• Siempre
                              • Dec 2012

'clearly'

Comment

• PPG9944
                                • Feb 2013

photo IMAG0411_zps24bd025a.jpg

Here's my bonanza with the goggles. I don't think it makes the head look too big. But here's a pic for comparison.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;