Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gg123
    • Apr 2012

Local Shops / Paint in Oakland ?

Does anyone know of a place in oakland that will do a clean and reasonably priced paint job?

I've done a few searches and walked by a few spots but I just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations or first hand experience with any local shops first.
  • OhioFlameThrower
    • Dec 2011

You can always hit me up for it... I did a simple job for a dude in San Diego a few months ago because he was having the same issues as you.

Comment

• felon
      • Oct 2011

isnt 4Q in Oakland?

Comment

• Acosi151
        • Jan 2012

Hey... This is just a comment that I've got to make... No ill will at all... So please take this with a grain of salt.

Man, it seems a week doesn't go by that someone in so-cal isn't posting up looking for chopper supply stuff.. I've only ever been to san fransisco once and im going by what the reputation of the area was more than anything else but... Man.. Aren't you totally surrounded by a million shops that do this and everything else you could ever dream of?

Im in rural Canada so I guess im jealous... if you need trees, snow or chainsaw parts we got 'ya looked after.. Harley parts.. Sorry you're effed

Comment

• gg123
          • Apr 2012

4q is in oakland but I feel like that guy is so busy that I have only received one email from him with a phone number which was never answered. even after I tried calling 4 times. I completely understand because its a one person shop and he produces amazing work but still.

Comment

• gg123
            • Apr 2012

and yes San Francisco definitely has a million shops but oakland is a bit more sparse and spread out so I am just trying to get some recommendations before I make any sort of trek out to east oakland or hayward or something like that.

p.s. I havent been able to find a walk in shop address for 4q either I think its an appointment only kind of thing.

Comment

• gg123
              • Apr 2012

@Ohio flame thrower: I appreciate the offer but I don't think I can afford to ship my frame out to you right now. keep up the good work though, your stuff looks great!

Comment

• BDB48
                • Jan 2012

my stuff is goin to flamethrower... soon (but its tins)

I was raised in the bay area and now live in phoenix

D&F autobody in vallejo (707) 647-3538 are 2 guys i went to school with that seem to do pretty reasonable work. I would certainly consider them if i was local.

Comment

• OhioFlameThrower
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gg123
                  @Ohio flame thrower: I appreciate the offer but I don't think I can afford to ship my frame out to you right now. keep up the good work though, your stuff looks great!
                  Coolio... did not realize it was a frame and they are probably $80 to $100 to ship each way, which make sit impractical. Good luck hooking up with a solid guy/shop to get it done, man!

Comment

• pkcoon
                    • Feb 2010

Fremont and Hayward are loaded with paint shops...

Comment

• BDB48
                      • Jan 2012

ya flamethrower I hear ya there... shipping on a frame can be a bit much

what are you lookin to have done?? just paint, or do you want molding etc...plenty of folks out there that can do a basic frame spray...maybe check CL or try n catch a guy that works in a shop that does side work
                      Last edited by BDB48; 02-22-2013, 9:29 PM. Reason: wasnt complete

Comment

• gg123
                        • Apr 2012

yeah just a basic spray. Ill for sure check craigslist. Has anyone been to melrose metal finishing? it looks pretty solid.

Comment

• Hach
                          • Oct 2009

Why don't u just powder coat it goofy.

Comment

• gg123
                            • Apr 2012

I think thats what I have decided on.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...