CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Here is the box. My shop is east coast fabworks look it up on instagram!![IMG][/IMG]

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
    i know this is an old thread but have been looking into doing this to my 2010 48 lately. was wondering what manifold I will need to run with the conversion? I am thinking of running either a super e or an hsr 42. are there carb manifolds available for the efi sportsters or are there any previous years I could scrap one off?
    using the 04-06 manifolds is doable but they don't fit perfect, hammer performance makes a manifold that does fit perfect.

I will say I noticed ZERO performance loss when i ditched the efi and went to a CV with a CV performance kit in it, and for me it made me feel way more comfortable on long trips, lots can go wrong on an efi bike that can not be fixed on the side of the road, that list is pretty small with a carb'd bike
    Last edited by woz; 07-25-2016 at 10:25 AM.

I’m gonna chime in here with some new info. I have a 2010 sporty 48 with an S&S super E. From my research I couldn’t find a carb support bracket that for my year since all the ones I’ve seen only go up to 2006. Gas Box makes one for different years so I called them up to see if one of them actually do fit my bike and it turns out that the 1991-2006 bracket WILL fit a sporty 48. So if you need one, they have it. I just found this out today. I’ve been riding with a dangly carb forever! Hasn’t been an issue though but wouldn’t hurt to get one.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good job appending your experience to this thread because it all helps others!

Add a pic when you install your new bracket.

a long time ago i had a 1200 efi sporty that i was looking to put into a led sled roller. I was in my 20s and knew nothing about bikes. A guy at the local chop shop told me I should "bin all the EFI crap" and go carb. I couldn't understand why as I thought the bike ran fine as it was, I just wanted it to 'look' better. It didn't occur to me that all the wiring and ECU crap etc would have needed to be sorted or hidden which would have been a major headache when trying to put together a good looking chop, i sold the unfinished project and bought a 79 ironhead to fulfill my 'cool old bike' fantasies.

Having now owned and rebuilt / rewired a 79 Ironhead and a 95 evo softail, I appreciate the simplicity of a carb motor with a very basic wiring loom. Far easier to troubleshoot when a problem occurs and if you spend the time and money on a good carb, you can fine tune the carb to perform close to EFI. The carb bike will have more "character" and you will have the odd moment where you curse it because of an intake manifold gasket leak or a clogged jet etc. It might be more hesitant to start on occasion but hey, that's all in the fun of modifying bikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

EFI ain't forever either and never in my life has a carb stranded me. OTOH I've fixed a number of EFI customer bikes (the fuel pumps on HDs look like generic GM and other in-tank styles) whose pumps shit the bed.

They aren't bad to replace but a lot more work than anything on a carb. Carbs more than one hundred years old (T Model Fords) still work.

Get Adobe Flash player

I did the conversion using the Thunderheart ignition on my 09, and im about to do it to this 2010 im working on, I like it WAY better than the fuel injection! DO ITClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8836.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	98463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triblk.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	98464

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlopSFFS View Post
    I did the conversion using the Thunderheart ignition on my 09, and im about to do it to this 2010 im working on, I like it WAY better than the fuel injection! DO ITClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8836.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	98463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triblk.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	98464
    Hi.
    I have 08 sportster. I already install super e carb. I just need to buy Thunderheart ignition for tc88 and use original sensor? And it will be ok?
    Thanks

Share This