Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scudder
    • Feb 2010

DNA Springer?

How many are running a DNA Springer and what can you tell us about the quality and ride with this front end? I have a '77 Shovel in the works and I really want to do a springer front on this build. I have an Ultima Bobber frame and all the parts I need, but I want to use the springer instead of the wide glide. Any glaring problems? This will be a bike that will get ridden a lot, so if there are any fast wearing areas, let me hear it. Hey, thanks in advance and this site is great. Glad I found it!

Scudder
  • h8ter
    • Aug 2009

I ran one on my last bike. Ugly, ugly. But it rode fine, never had any issues with it.

Comment

• Jethro
      • Sep 2009

This was in the forum also about two months ago... I run one, no problems, and rides great. I'm not even repulsed by the looks LOL.

Comment

• PanShovelGeo
        • Feb 2010

No problems with mine, but I didn't put a lot of miles before I swapped it out. It did seem to make a lot of noise, more so than an OEM springer. I don't know how it would compare to other aftermarket springers.

At first I liked the look, but I grew to hate it, and came to a point that I couldn't stand to look at it any longer and took it off. Thats just me.
        Last edited by PanShovelGeo; 02-15-2010, 1:38 PM.

Comment

• hugodv01
          • Sep 2009

IT'S NOT UGLY!!!!!!

It's just special...

Runs great but springs do chatter a bit.

Comment

• Nicko
            • Sep 2009

Other than pretty noisy, and perhaps chrome QC they are a no frills springer, three piece front leg. Don't know how they hold up to real miles though, we have done them for customers, but I don't see them ride the poop out of their bikes. You can get a great deal on US indy built custom springer made by blacksunshine customs, he is a CC member and makes his own stuff, decent prices. Has a website.

Comment

• Scudder
              • Feb 2010

I'm sorry, but I don't get the ugly part. I've seen them and thought they looked ok? Why the ugly?

Comment

• PanShovelGeo
                • Feb 2010

I didn't care for the part that bridges the top of the front legs. I stuck a bag on it to make it go away. Then the way the rear legs go from round to flat about half way down is another thing that drove me nuts.

The main thing for me was the look didn't work on my bike.

Comment

• DirtFloorJim
                  • Dec 2009

I just ordered a +2 DNA a couple days ago. I would have bought a better one if I had a couple grand laying around but for $400 what do you expect. I heard they're good for the price so I'll give it a try.

Comment

• calicruiser
                    • Aug 2009

yeah I dont get the "ugly" part people talk about. . . sure, it's not a Denvers springer.

I have run one for the past year. Put 4000 miles on it without a problem. I dig it. here it is: pretty ugly huh?

Comment

• AlexDefcon
                      • Sep 2009

Oddly enough I like the half round to flat rear leg, but everyone has their own sense of taste. I rode one forever and had no problems, even crashed on that bike bad and the welds didnt break, just bent the metal!

Before

After

Comment

• Nicko
                        • Sep 2009

I think it is the squared off front legs, from the wrong angle they don't look right to some tastes. Like everything, some love, some hate. That Black Sunshine Customs springer was something like $700 +/-....not that much for a full custom build. $$$$ jerispringer front ends look great, but I can't see a couple of grand for a set of forks either.

Comment

• Punkskalar
                          • Jan 2010

Black Sunshine Customs. Super nice folks out of Illinois. I've seen both up close, and the difference is night and day.

BUT, I've never ridden on one...

Comment

• ridemore16
                            • Oct 2009

here's my EVO...I've been running the DNA with no issues at all. I agree there are better looking springers out there but if you have a budget I don't think you can beat it.

Comment

• PanShovelGeo
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by AlexDefcon
                              everyone has their own sense of taste.
                              I agree 100% How does the saying go? Opinions are like......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;