Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wema
    • Nov 2012

Bought and built for $2,000

I am a new member to Chop Cult and noticed there are not many Yamaha virago builds so I thought I would post mine. This is only my second solo build and I am young so don't expect to much. Bought the bike for $1,200 and put another $800 into it. Did all the work myself with the exception of removing dents from gas tank and spraying the tins, handlebars and shaft drive, that was done by my father. Please give tips and criticism I'm here to learn. Sorry about no good before pictures I was to excited to chop it up that I forgot to take any. Hope you all like my carbon fiber work. More pictures of the bike on my page if you wanna see em.
    Attached Files
  • coolmesser
    • Jan 2013

nice looking ride!

Comment

• Wema
      • Nov 2012

Thanks man!

Comment

• bkrtrsh
        • Jan 2012

Real clean brudda. Looks like you'll move up in the ranks

Comment

• austintylerr
          • Jul 2012

Actual Carbon fiber overlay or just a decal?

Comment

• Wema
            • Nov 2012

Straight carbon fiber i used the original pieces to make the molds. The reserve tank was hard cuz the bike didn't have that piece when I bought it so I had to make the mold for that piece. Their is and overlay on the battery cover. almost forgot their is also an overlay on the fake air cleaner shown above.

Comment

• Salty
              • Sep 2010

looks pretty "sporty", i would take it to the closest set of train tracks and jump that son'o'bitch.

Comment

• Randeezy868
                • Mar 2010

Dude. Been waiting for carbon to hit the chopper world. Love it.

Comment

• ThePete
                  • Nov 2011

I really like the look of this thing, I've never been a big fan of Viragos, this makes me really rethink the possibilities of the Virago and other shaft driven bikes. Great job!

Comment

• 2XVs
                    • Jan 2013

Nice look. Can you post more pictures? Particularly rear fender/lamp?

Comment

• truerobotech
                      • Aug 2011

Agree w 2xvs, I havea xv700 and considered leaving stock so I can spend money on the other project bike. But looking at the changes to the rear of your 1100 im curious to what steps you took? the seat fender etc.

It looks real good

Comment

• davidabl
                        • Nov 2009

A search on Bikeexif & Pipeburn will reveal a whole world of amazing Virago builds...
                        & there's some of the same on CC

Comment

• davidabl
                          • Nov 2009

..and forgot to say you have got yourself a v. cool "Daily Driver" for sane money.

Comment

• Wema
                            • Nov 2012

To cut the rear fender I set a laser to draw a level line. Once you have cut it down to the size you like you will still probably have a few holes in the fender from the pre existing tail light. Just fill them in with a welder and grind it down. That is actually the stock seat. I just took it apart and cut down the foam almost all the way off in the back. you will also have to cut away the plastic under the foam on the stock seat to get a slim look. Then just pick up some new upholstery and put it on your new seat. You can buy seats like that for a virago but they are expensive. (350-400 bucks) A thing that kinda sucks about a virago is if you decide to go with a solo seat a large section of your frame will be exposed that the seat usually covers. another thing that totally changes the look of the bike is painting the shaft drive black. Looks way meaner.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Wema
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Salty
                              looks pretty "sporty", i would take it to the closest set of train tracks and jump that son'o'bitch.
                              Hahaha its a good "hooligan" bike. It got me arrested for reckless driving about four months ago.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;