what does it feel like when its 40 below?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinks88
    • Oct 2012

Here is a thing a buddy sent to me at work:
    Attached Files

Comment

• xtankx
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by nunez8853
      fuck id rather be in 105 then be -51 hahaha dude i feel for you

move to texas youll warm up in a second.

didnt you say you were gonna make your way to the US at one point or another???
      That's one thing i'd like to look for in a near future... I'm just sick of winter and the place where I live (and obviously everything that comes with it which is probable 100 times worse than winter...)

It's fucking winter 7 months a year, 7 months without doing anything and wish that tomorrow will be warmer than today hahaha.

Comment

• JOYDIRT
        • Jan 2013

gonna be 75 and sunny in houston today. no complaints! lived here all my life and i love it.

Comment

• bobbarooski
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JOYDIRT
          gonna be 75 and sunny in houston today. no complaints! lived here all my life and i love it.
          HaHA........lets talk more about it in July!

Comment

• LFM122
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by dirtbag
            Just so yall know there is nothing better than ripping up a mountain on a snowmachine,it just costs a pile of money..
            We don't have mountains here, but lots of places to go snowmobiling, its a great way to spend time during the winter, what kinda sleds do you ride?

Comment

• jaysimon
              • Dec 2010

Trying to keep a sled/motorcycle habit going is an easy way to be broke. Ask me how I know.

Winter isn't so bad, just need to find good hobbies in each of those months. Skiing, hockey, snowmobiling, drinking, fixing the shit you broke last summer...

Comment

• nunez8853
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by bobbarooski
                HaHA........lets talk more about it in July!
                I second that, hahahaha 100% humidity when its 90+ out side isnt too glorious

Comment

• longlivepunk
                  • Jan 2012

Yeah, I'm in Alberta. A couple years ago it was -53 with the windchill (-53 Celcius, so that's around -64 Fahrenheit) it was brutal. I remember doing winter ex's with the Army in Athabasca at -40. My toes froze together one time while I was sleeping! (only had half hour to sleep before fire-sentry duty after about 12 hours of hiking, so I didn't bother changing socks and the sweat froze)

Most people would call an ambulance. A Canadian Soldier walks it off. :P (P.S. walking on frozen feet is really unpleasant)

Comment

• NHMike
                    • Apr 2024

8 Degrees

Took this today on a quick ride...cold got to the Camera, hahahaha. Sorry for the Shaking, it's not a nice camera by any stretch of the word.

And for the record, the "Cali Can't Hang" thing stems from complete jealousy of your weather, so don't get all butt hurt about it....Branden. Hahahaha

Comment

• jorgun
                      • Oct 2012

Whay's with the full face helmet Mike? You're supposed to have your face in the wind !!! Ya wussie!!

Comment

• ThePete
                        • Nov 2011

Only got down to maybe -30 when I was out in Alberta this Christmas. Plenty cold for me but not mind numbing cold, I could still make it from the house out to the Garage to open it up and warm the car up before we took off in jeans and a tshirt but it wasn't fucking plesant at all. I'm guessing it was probably -15 or so at that point. The morning we left my father and law and I were strapping the luggage down on the roof after loading the cargo area to capacity (stupid inlaws don't understand it's got to fly back). I had my insulated Carhart, a toque, insulated boots and gloves. I think my legs went numb in less then 5 minutes, I know it should have hurt because my face sure as hell did but I've got nerve damage. Temp was about -22 just about the coldest I've ever been (coldest was -34 in Sasketoon Canada). Fuck I'm glad I live in Cali 11.5 months out of the year.

Comment

• bkrtrsh
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by LFM122
                          How cold has it been down there? Ya that wood stove definitely makes the difference in the middle of winter.
                          -14 so far. Hells bells car still starts easy

Comment

• LFM122
                            • Dec 2010

I still remember the first time i hear the word toque, we were visiting some family in saskatchewan, one of the kids was putting on some old throw away snow gear in an attempt to look like a hobo at our family reunion, one of the others said put on the toque, he reached into the closet and pulled out a nasty old yellow stocking cap, i have lived a mile from canada my whole life and have several relatives in canada but it wasn't till my teens that i heard it called that.
                            A few years back i helped a buddy load his weaned calves to haul to the sale barn, we had a sixty mile an hour wind, i don't remember the wind chill, but i think it was twenty or so below zero, i remember not being able to feel my face shortly after we started, at one point my buddy looked at me and yelled get in the truck now and crank up the heater, when i got in the truck and looked in the rear view mirror the whole left side of my nose had turned white. Once i warmed up the damn thing really started to hurt, but eventually the pain went away, all in all i think i lucked out big time, they were worried i was gonna lose my nose, but it turned out ok. Good times in the cold.

Comment

• Brendden
                              • Dec 2012

almost 80 here, and the bikes broken D:

Comment

• xtankx
                                • Aug 2012

-31 F ...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...