Got any info on or scans/copys of articles about Amen Savior?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffy
    • Apr 2010

What the.hell does a seventies ad have to do with getting inspected if you dont mind me asking? Just curious.as.it sounds weird and weird stuff intrigues me.

Comment

• Jeffy
      • Apr 2010

And does any company still make frames like.this? If not they should.

Comment

• labdude2
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by jeffy
        and does any company still make frames like.this? If not they should.
        why?????

Comment

• Jeffy
          • Apr 2010

Cuz they are pretty awesome and a great piece of chopper history maybe!

Comment

• Stabler
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jeffy
            What the.hell does a seventies ad have to do with getting inspected if you dont mind me asking? Just curious.as.it sounds weird and weird stuff intrigues me.
            The Swedish equivalent of the US DMV requires proof that it was built in the seventies and not a newly built one. (Because the latest issued title on my bike is from 2001, when the PO bought it, the Swedish DMV says that it's possible to interpret the title as if the bike was built in 2001 - unless I can prove them wrong. Even though it says 1971 on the line named "model yr" on the title. Go figure.) So I need original prints that shows that this frame was only in production in the seventies..

Comment

• labdude2
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Jeffy
              Cuz they are pretty awesome and a great piece of chopper history maybe!
              look cool yes historical value, similar to an Edsel , these things wobbled around turns, chain tension was impossible to control , and if you were lucky enough to have a springer front end you would be riding a see-saw, so keep the plunger housing and for the look and weld struts in, theres a reason spring tails arent made anymore

Comment

• Flashback
                • May 2010

Originally posted by labdude2
                look cool yes historical value, similar to an Edsel , these things wobbled around turns, chain tension was impossible to control , and if you were lucky enough to have a springer front end you would be riding a see-saw, so keep the plunger housing and for the look and weld struts in, theres a reason spring tails arent made anymore

Hmmmm If I am not mistaken every stock bike that comes from the factory with a hydraulic dampener running through the inside of a large spring then connected to the fender strut on one end and swing arm on the other by definition is a "spring tail". I rode a few of these in the 70's. Do they handle differently than a stock or hardtail frame.... yes.... Are they the death trap or monster waiting to kill you that seems to be the popular opinion of people who never road one .... no they aren't...

Comment

• Stabler
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Flashback
                  Hmmmm If I am not mistaken every stock bike that comes from the factory with a hydraulic dampener running through the inside of a large spring then connected to the fender strut on one end and swing arm on the other by definition is a "spring tail". I rode a few of these in the 70's. Do they handle differently than a stock or hardtail frame.... yes.... Are they the death trap or monster waiting to kill you that seems to be the popular opinion of people who never road one .... no they aren't...
                  +1

(Except I didn't ride mine in the 70s, I did it last fall. Fresh bushings + new springs, it's no superbike but no issues when hitting the corners either.)

Comment

• rusjack
                    • Apr 2024

Within the last two years someone has posted up (either here or JJ) a full pdf scanned copy of an Amen catalog. I downloaded it, but replaced my computer since. Its out there, sorry I cant be more help than that

Comment

• rusjack
                      • Apr 2024

nevermind - i just found it on hc.com. sure youve seen it

Comment

• Stabler
                        • Jan 2011

Yup. Got it. But thanks.

Comment

• hajpojken
                          • Nov 2010

what a bummer man, hope it all works out for you.

how much info do they really need? seems you been at it for ages...

Comment

• Stabler
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by hajpojken
                            what a bummer man, hope it all works out for you.

how much info do they really need? seems you been at it for ages...
                            Ya. It's sick man. The field on the title that states when the last title was issued (due to new owner/sale of the bike) states 2001. The field for model year, even prompted "model yr" on the title states 1971. Eventhough the Swedish DMV says:

"Since it's printed both 1971 and 2001 on the title we can interpret the title as if the bike was built in 2001, not 1971. Therefore it's up to you to proove it's really built in 1971. The only way for you to really do this is to get US DMV records in print stating it is built in 1971."

Now I've told 'em that the Cali DMV wont give me ANY documents since I'm not an US resident with a US social security number. I've tried several different people both there and over at CHP. Same answer, non residents = no history documents on any vehicle.

I brought this info back to the Swedish DMV. I also told 'em that the company "American Motorcycle ENgineering" that manufactured my frame went belly up in the late 70's (did they start up their business again in 2001 just to build my bike - and only my bike??). And on top of that I pointed out to them my VIN that is less than the 17 digits that became the standard in 1981 or so.
                            I think they've realized their mistake when I showed them this, but they wont back down on their wrong doing here and now forces me to produce actual articles and what not dating back to the 70's to get my bike through inspection. And even then it's not sure they'll let me register it as a 1971. Then I'm left to SFRO with all what that means.

FUCKING INSANE.

Sorry 'bout the rant, but there it is.

Comment

• Stabler
                              • Jan 2011

Anyone got the 1976 April Custom Chopper Motorcycle Magazine Back-Issue and/or the 1974 November Custom Chopper Motorcycle Magazine Back-Issue laying around? I could really use 'em, at least to copy/scan parts of.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

• Raymondsavior
                                • Nov 2021

Hello. I joined chop cult just to ask a specific question about amen savior. I have 2 sets of plunger bushings. One set is made of steel, and the other made of aluminum. Can anyone tell why there are 2 types?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;